Multiplayer HP/STAT scale is necesary the game feels to Easy Lv1 to lv70

I understand this was not the base-game and the the power-creep was intentional to make a tutorial Level 1 to lv 70. The problem with this system is everything Normal, Hard, VH, SH die too fast. "Making the game a boring-tutorial" most of the people say oh this game is a lot more easy than PSO-1 even more than PSU.

Wow have 1.0-1.5 secs GCD but dungeon enemies have plenty HP to resist your "spaming-rotation" and the game feels fast but that give you a rewarding feeling for being good.

PSO-2 needs a HP/Stat-Scalation to deal the power-creep.

• One player x1 HP, Two players x2 hp, Three players x3 hp and four players x4 hp plus all the stats will increase not x4 times but "some" Enemy attack, etc.

• One player x1 exp, two players x2 exp, three players x3 exp and four players x4 exp

• One player x2-4 enemies, two players x5-8 enemies, three players x9-12 enemies and four players x13-16 enemies RnG. Also double/triple-boss + adds will be a thing.

This will justify the increase of hp, this will incentive to people to form groups, this will allow you to perform your rotation property.

what if I told you ultra hard free field mobs in episode 6 have millions of hp? bosses have 50mil+ HP?

@Milranduil said in Multiplayer HP/STAT scale is necesary the game feels to Easy Lv1 to lv70:

what if I told you ultra hard free field mobs in episode 6 have millions of hp? bosses have 50mil+ HP?

Goddamn damage sponges, remove them 🙄

I think SH is when it starts get challenging for newer players, before that you could practically one-shot everything, now you have to actually hit weak points and time your attacks/dodges. My first SH I wasn’t expecting the jump in difficulty, I was so grateful when a high lvl player joined my party for the boss because I had been kiting the thing for a good while.

I think it could be bumped up a bit so players are practicing their rotations and positioning earlier on. The game is cruise control for many until it comes to a screeching halt. I know they want to get everyone up to speed at lvl 70 right away but we’re left with fresh 70s with no idea how their class works, some even skipped grinding their gear.

@Milranduil

Well lets say Ultra-hard is fine

Normal to Super hard is necessary to make some changes. They did something similar to FFXI removing the Leveling process to make you focus on "End-game".

Sadly is not working because you just released the game on NA and you will have a lot of new-players and they will take 1 or 2 weeks to cap level.

If they find the game boring they will stop. Something "funny" happen to me i gather with some friends from PSO BB / PSU era and we got bored of the game going back to PSO-1 on a private server LMAO.

So i hope they take in consideration HP-SCALATION like PSO1 had or MHW have.

I still die solo with two NPC allies at level 73 on Quartz Dragon Super Hard. Sometimes 6 times per run. I use the Saiki Set.

@coldreactive said in Multiplayer HP/STAT scale is necesary the game feels to Easy Lv1 to lv70:

I still die solo with two NPC allies at level 73 on Quartz Dragon Super Hard. Sometimes 6 times per run. I use the Saiki Set.

Either your weapons or tactics need work then because it's very easy at that point to simply stunlock Quartz by breaking parts and dealing damage while it's busy recoiling.

Gotta wait till Episode 6 updates then you will see HP like no other since there are a fair deal of quests coming that will make you think twice on changing the difficulty since Episode 1-5 difficulty already happened in JP but was fixed there too so all we got was the fixed difficulty.

@MisterJaySnek said in Multiplayer HP/STAT scale is necesary the game feels to Easy Lv1 to lv70:

@coldreactive said in Multiplayer HP/STAT scale is necesary the game feels to Easy Lv1 to lv70:

Either your weapons or tactics need work then because it's very easy at that point to simply stunlock Quartz by breaking parts and dealing damage while it's busy recoiling.

Nope, I still get hit for nearly half health by any of its attacks. So I pretty much have to dodge after every couple of attacks, and sometimes have to dodge more depending on what the boss is doing, so it makes it even worse sometimes.

@coldreactive

I also lose a good chunk of health if I get hit, I think it’s a good boss for practicing not to get hit. For example, I use a bow and my boss killer move takes a couple seconds to go off. I have to time it, I can’t spam it when the boss is coming right for me. I either have to wait for an opening or create my own.

Study the moves, they become predictable to dodge and SH won’t feel as hard as it does now.

It doesn't help that this boss literally thinks it's an F-16 with unlimited fuel and just flies all over the freaking place before also thinking it's an ICBM that doesn't detonate on impact(you'll probably be dead as compensation, if you get hit).

@Valinda said in Multiplayer HP/STAT scale is necesary the game feels to Easy Lv1 to lv70:

It doesn't help that this boss literally thinks it's an F-16 with unlimited fuel and just flies all over the freaking place before also thinking it's an ICBM that doesn't detonate on impact(you'll probably be dead as compensation, if you get hit).

At least it's not Bazelgeuse the B-52 from Monster Hunter.

This is a terrible idea for a lot of different reasons, the biggest one being that PSO2 simply isn't built for this kind of scaling.

The simplest problem here would be in Expeditions that allow for more than one party at a time. You're asking for enemies to scale to four times their health if you run with a four man party, but what happens when your party runs into another party, such as in an Ultimate Quest? Does that mean that suddenly the monster you're attacking as turned into a giant hulking damage sponge because eight other people are in the field with you at the same time?

What if those people in the field are running with NPCs, does the scaling affect you then? What if you're the odd man out in an Expedition or Ultimatae Quest in an instance that's at capacity. Does that mean while you're running around solo, you're fighting monster with twelve times the HP, just because you had the unforunate luck to zone into a full instance?

Furthermore, let's say you decide that the scaling is only on a per party basis, so if your party tags an enemy first, it scales to 4X it's HP, what happens then when another party comes in and joins the fun, such as when a field boss spawns in an Expedition. Now the enemy is still getting McMurdered because it's scaling is capped at 4X, but you have 12 people wailing on it. How would that work in an Ultimate Quest? Do we turn everything there into massive damage sponges, resulting in farming becoming a mind numbingly slow chore, or does it suddenly become the new meta to have a solo player tag an enemy to keep it's scaling to 1X, while everyone else in the instance murders it.

What about party beacons? How does scaling work in the field when people can join you dynamically? How does this affect other people in the instance?

Going beyond Expeditions and Ultimates, how does this apply to Urgent Quests, which are designed to be run by 12-man raids?

What I'm getting at is that PSO2 simply isn't built with your idea in mind. The game would completely fall apart at the seams if you tried to implement it. Yes, World of Warcraft does have dynamic health scaling in place out in the open world and raids (and a very small change in mechanics in Raids depending on how many people you bring with you), but this was done for two reasons - the first being that people were struggling to get tags on quest mobs and rares in the open world when a single player could literally one shot an enemy, and in raids it was done so that more casual groups could run with fewer or more people without having to bench someone.

But even WoW turns this off when it comes to Mythic Raids, where the content is locked to twenty-man raid parties, simply because Blizzard knew it's impossible to tightly tune extremely hard, cutting edge content when player scaling is a thing.

@Blade-Syphon

The sad thing is the game is already falling apart. Yeah i "exagerated the x4 times more hp" but did that with the power-creep in mind.

Level 40 Hunter/Fighter Red sword + 5. My damage is 15k-18k so even with 60k HP i dont think that will be a problem.

This suggestion is for LV1 to lv 70 because still "Fresh" if the game had years on NA i will understand everyone is already max level lol

Also on PSO1/MHW as soon a second player joins the HP-SCALE for x4 players. The HP should scale only with real-players if you are with NPCS that stay x1 keep in mind having x4 players on your party will give you four times more exp

PSO2's current balance is a bit weird in this iteration of the game due to more powerful early games being added to speed up the early game and get you into the meat of the game proper.

That meat isn't in the Global version at the moment. So it's really weird.