Is this normal?

Hi,

Since the launch of Pso2 I see plethora of video talking about Nemesis, Gix, Zeinesis, affixing, 13 stars and 14 and more generally endgame content showing an impressive number of bought or dropped. It's a dreaming come true...

But there's a problem I am unlucky to the point I have barely got five 13 stars weapons in 476 hours of play (3 months and a half) and I never saw any 12 stars units. (I know it's RNG but...)

This game is a lie, it's not a wonderful world where I play bouncer and loot my weapons to go further in the content. My Pso2 world spit shitty loot on my face and tell me take that and get out of the way

My astonishing list of loot : 2 Bullet Revolsio (Aki lucky...), Phantasm Lightning Rod, Nemesis Feather and Nemesis Cross (for those two the game was probably unaware of my presence...).

I have only two interrogations is this normal? and what is the frequence and the number of 13 stars a normal player (aka a statistically normal player neither a lucky nor an unlucky one) can expect from the game after 3 months and a half of play?

Just for fun today 2 Deus Esca, 1 Esca Mother and 8 Amduskia UQ guess what barely ten 12 stars weapons...

I’ve gotten a decent amount, all I can suggest is make sure you’re running with the highest rdr you can get. Max your daily boost, run in a full party with other players, use 250% rdr from shop, use 50 or 100 triboost, get alliance rdr buff, and if you’re a free player get the deband drink with the rdr sub effect. Then it’s just a case of hoping for the best

ive put 500 hours into the game and have gotten 1 12star unit and no 13 star weapons. Im not here to expect something everytime i do something im here for the journey. THIS IS NOT WOW. FF14 or any other western MMO things dont come easy in Asian MMOs its meant to be a marathon not a sprint.

Are you kidding me? I've only gotten one piece of crap Nemesis Barl lol Those sound like really lucky finds. My friend ended up hitting it big with an AC scratch and got me my Raven as a present. Probably the luckiest drops I've had aside from that are some event skins, 2 D-AIS Sabers, and one boss unit that's weaker than my Circ set.

Instead of focusing on how the RNG isn't exactly what you want it to be, I'd be focusing on what you've gotten out of it. Everyone has different luck with it and yours seems pretty good compared to a lot of people.

Rather than going for RNG blessings, you better off just grinding mesa and buying the items outright. Extreme quests, farming disks at Shaq s. And doing dailies and weekly cos and missions that give Mesa.

Your luck doesn’t seem too bad, you got two great weapons to drop in a relatively short amount of time. I would just call that average in any other MMO. Look at it this way, you didn’t have to grind for god tier materials and craft it yourself and pray RNG doesn’t break your weapon, pso2 is pretty generous. You have two really good finds, Feather sells for a decent chunk too if that’s not the weapon you need.

I’m 330 hours in, lots of 13s but no Nemesis. I just ended up buying them for my husband and I, we just weren’t having any luck.

Think I've got 6 13* weapon drops and one 12* (the Lightning Glow Izaneishi from Kazuchi Assault) unit in ~500 hours.

• 3 of those weapons are Revolsio weapons that dropped during the Boost event.
  • Vadis Greaves also from AQ during the Boost event.
  • 1 was a Rainbow Special ? Weapon in Naverius Ultimate Quest (Was a Nemesis something).
  • 1 was a Nemesis Weapon also from Naverius Ultimate Quest.

When the last two dropped I had around 900% Rare Drop.
Have never gotten anything from an Urgent Quest no matter how much Rare Drop% I have lawl.

I do consider myself lucky after reading some replies here though. 😛
It is kind of sad when it feels like your completely reliant on boosters and it doesn't feel worth running dungeons if you don't have any. (Luckily one is easy to get but even then, if no Triboost it doesn't feel worth lol)

Feels even worse spending €5 to buy the 400% rare drop (lasts for 6 hours) and use it all up without anything dropping lawl. Time and money wasted with a lesson learned. 😛

@Caex said in Is this normal?:

ive put 500 hours into the game and have gotten 1 12star unit and no 13 star weapons. Im not here to expect something everytime i do something im here for the journey. THIS IS NOT WOW. FF14 or any other western MMO things dont come easy in Asian MMOs its meant to be a marathon not a sprint.

Plus it is a F2P MMO so it keeps you playing longer. Carrot on a stick that whole thing.

@MarshalTobias32 said in Is this normal?:

Rather than going for RNG blessings, you better off just grinding mesa and buying the items outright. Extreme quests, farming disks at Shaq s. And doing dailies and weekly cos and missions that give Mesa.

This 100%. Sure you might get lucky and get that rare item drop you've been after, but you are much more likely going to need to just flat out purchase it with all the meseta you should be earning/farming. The really hard to find items are hard to find because they are meant to be very rare.

700 hours, the only thing I've gotten from NA was a nemesis DS.

You are quite lucky.

During the 14 star farming era of JP, I literally never saw one until they became common drops.

You are quite lucky.

I've only gotten one 13-star weapon, and I only had like a 100 or 150 Rare Drop Rate Boost. (Total.) I've either farmed currency items or bought them off the player market otherwise.

I think complaints like this are better dished out when all the best weapons are 14* and untradeable, no longer will you have the alternate route of just buying the best thing.

I've got two 13* weapons up till now (Lightning Bite Tagami Kouga and S. CN Mantis), both nice SAF fodders, and if I'm not mistaken, both from the Mother UQ? So I think it's quite normal.

It just seems like everyone else are getting all those 13*s and 14*s but it actually isn't all the same person. Considering how those are drops from hundreds if not thousands of players farming the content all the time, those things really have an abysmal drop rate. Otherwise Nemesis/Slave wouldn't fetch such a high price. They'd be going for like 1 million per piece if they dropped any more frequently.

Also, did you use the Rare Drop Rate +250% and participate in the Rare Drop Koi Koi dance? The former when combined with other TriBoosts such as Premium, Daily, and regular +100% TriBoost, makes a big difference, especially when you can stack them during boost campaigns; and the latter has a very good placebo effect, especially when you actually get a drop.

@Vashzaron said in Is this normal?:

I think complaints like this are better dished out when all the best weapons are 14* and untradeable, no longer will you have the alternate route of just buying the best thing.

For sure. I don't even want to think about how the forums will be then lmao

15XX hours here, I can count in my mind about 7 nem/slave drops. Always running 250+100+50