RNG drops fail-safe

I do agree with you, this shit is insane. And lets say you do get a unit, what's to say its not a unit you already have? If you happened to get a back and arm piece, after all the jumping through hoops you'll do you're still subjected to a 33% chance at that point. Maybe if we could trade or sell them it would be a different issue... But nope. Crazy that THIS is what Sega denies the whales that keep the game afloat. If your income system is based on whales selling AC items to buy endgame loot, and you're blocking that endgame loot from being bought... Don't you think its going to hinder your bottom line?

Others have bickered that "RNG is needed to keep MMOs alive." That's a bogus lie. What keeps MMOs alive is a progression system that keeps players moving forward. A staircase that keeps getting higher. GW2 did this well. What PSO2 and common crappy Korean MMOs do is put a wall in front of your face and tell you to climb it.

@Kita-0 said in RNG drops fail-safe:

I do agree with you, this shit is insane. And lets say you do get a unit, what's to say its not a unit you already have? If you happened to get a back and arm piece, after all the jumping through hoops you'll do you're still subjected to a 33% chance at that point. Maybe if we could trade or sell them it would be a different issue... But nope. Crazy that THIS is what Sega denies the whales that keep the game afloat. If your income system is based on whales selling AC items to buy endgame loot, and you're blocking that endgame loot from being bought... Don't you think its going to hinder your bottom line?

Others have bickered that "RNG is needed to keep MMOs alive." That's a bogus lie. What keeps MMOs alive is a progression system that keeps players moving forward. A staircase that keeps getting higher. GW2 did this well. What PSO2 and common crappy Korean MMOs do is put a wall in front of your face and tell you to climb it.

Exactly, RNG can either be a good thing or a bad thing, but in the end it's all up to chance. And when chance is the only way to gear up in a MMO then there will definitely be people that will get sick of it and quit.

I went out of my way to buy 16 triggers for Deus cuz quite frankly i enjoy fighting the boss and i wanted the drops. At the current price of SG those triggers came out to roughly 100$. for my trouble of getting said triggers, i straight up got jack shit for loot, and there isn't a way for me to turn in the mats or whatever extra units for the ones i actually want. This is actually infuriating. What's the point of getting triggers off fresh finds if the loot is so piss poor? Get us a way to trade stuff cuz this is absurd.

@ZorokiHanuke said in RNG drops fail-safe:

You can at least hold up the timer on your boosters when doing something else by checking the top box on the drinks menu. You HAVE to pick a drink and accept it for it to work. You will know it did when you check your character stats and see the boosts greyed out. That way you can at least do something else while waiting for those UQ's to show up.

Ah! Nice tip! Thanks for that. 🙂