Questions About Ship Changes/Transfer for OBT?

What’s up guys, I’m new here and I had a couple questions surrounding the upcoming open beta test. Im super excited first of all, it’s brought me here (Yo guys I’m PE4CE14 lmao) and before I get into it I do want to apologize if I’m asking this question in the wrong area or if this question has been asked before but I didn’t see anything that seemed to shed any light on this topic. Like I said I’m new so help me out 😂😂

So I played the CBT and was one of those people that signed up for it well in advance, I’m a long time PSU/PSO fan. When it launched, I have to admit I was a few minutes late to powering on my Xbox and logging into the CBT at launch. I wasn’t able to choose Ship 1 due to the influx of people and initial beta issues (which I’m not blaming sega for btw) My initial choice was going to be ship 1 due to having friends there on said ship and what not, but I went with ship 2 cause at the time, it was open, and I was just going to hop into the game. That weekend I grinded up my character to a pretty good level I would say (team gunner 👌) with a good subclass, loot and PAs etc. With the OBT rolling around now, what is the conversation around ship transferring? Like can Arks do it one time or something similar? With PSO2NA Twitter Account releasing that we can expect this beta to run for a while (Which Is amazing news) I have the urge to start over on Ship 1, cause I feel like if I had to I could restart. In the long run I want to be on Ship 1, so i really just need a one time thing honestly lmao. Has there been any talk about this topic? If not what do you guys think would/should happen? I wanted to ask this question before Tuesday definitely, cause this will dictate how the OBT launch goes for me.

Thanks!

From my understanding, it costs 700AC to transfer ships.

@MidIce-BOSS said in Questions About Ship Changes/Transfer for OBT?:

Do you know if that will be available upon 3/17 launch?

@PE4CE14 said in Questions About Ship Changes/Transfer for OBT?:

No one currently knows what the cost will be in NA or when it will be available. That 700AC price is the cost on JP, but nothing has been confirmed for NA yet.

Also, we shouldn't forget that we can apply for the ship transfer anytime, but those applications are actually handled in the weekly maintenance of the game. So even if we were given the option of moving ships during the OBT, our characters must wait for the next scheduled maintenance for their travel to another ship. That's what I think.

Related tip. Music disks are registered per ship basis. Music disks added to the jukebox in one ship won't work in another ship. Be careful about the use of them when you are planning to move between ships!

@Fiona-Respha said in Questions About Ship Changes/Transfer for OBT?:

Also, we shouldn't forget that we can apply for the ship transfer anytime, but those applications are actually handled in the weekly maintenance of the game. So even if we were given the option of moving ships during the OBT, our characters must wait for the next scheduled maintenance for their travel to another ship. That's what I think.

Related tip. Music disks are registered per ship basis. Music disks added to the jukebox in one ship won't work in another ship. Be careful about the use of them when you are planning to move between ships!

Thank you for this! Thank you also for some surrounding information about how the ship transfer process works on JP.

@Ragnawind said in Questions About Ship Changes/Transfer for OBT?:

@PE4CE14 said in Questions About Ship Changes/Transfer for OBT?:

Know one currently knows what the cost will be in NA or when it will be available. That 700AC price is the cost on JP, but nothing has been confirmed for NA yet.

Ah, okay. Thank you for sharing the cost on the JP server. I got 500 AC from doing the CBT survey so I’m hoping there’s easy ways to get Arks Cash.

Where is the survey? (OBT) I don't seem to find the link or spot to get to it anywhere?

@Javi-Godspeed said in Questions About Ship Changes/Transfer for OBT?:

Where is the survey? (OBT) I don't seem to find the link or spot to get to it anywhere?

The only official survey was for CBT, not OBT.