Account measures for dishonest acts

Just want to thank Sega for continuing to work hard to keep cheating down to a minimum, the fact that so many accounts have been banned says that Sega is serious about hackers and RMT bots and I hope they continue to keep working hard to make this game as fair for every player as possible.

If they were working hard they would be tackling what causes the issue, right now they're just wiping a marker.

I do find it interesting that aside from the first ban wave, all of the others tend to stay in the 1500 area.

1st- 586 2nd- 1539 3rd- 1674 4th- 1505

I mean if this is their only solution then its literally never going to stop. JP only had this problem for a brief time and then stopped it pretty much completely with some slightly aggressive IP blocks for certain regions from my understanding. I know in my 3-4 months of playing on the JP version i never once saw a single RMT.

@Amari-Kigu said in Account measures for dishonest acts:

Just want to thank Sega for continuing to work hard to keep cheating down to a minimum, the fact that so many accounts have been banned says that Sega is serious about hackers and RMT bots and I hope they continue to keep working hard to make this game as fair for every player as possible.

Sure those bans matter but what I like is how they take action on people who maliciously enter a UQ just to afk in a corner (when if they have to go they can easily access abandon quest or something to not leech after battle) and/or people who purposely ruin lobbies in one way or another (I obviously won't explain any methods here). Keeping the game with less Musashi's and more SORO's is the way to go.

a lot of the RMT bots spaming lobby are getting annoying in my opinion i think they just need to block those things router/mac address or something i report all the ones i see but they keep making new accounts or something every couple hrs getting annoying cause they keep coming back with same name just different race/class. i just keep blocking hope for best i guess idk wish they just send them out an air lock or something

@DemonBunny said in Account measures for dishonest acts:

a lot of the RMT bots spaming lobby are getting annoying in my opinion i think they just need to block those things router/mac address or something i report all the ones i see but they keep making new accounts or something every couple hrs getting annoying cause they keep coming back with same name just different race/class. i just keep blocking hope for best i guess idk wish they just send them out an air lock or something

It's never that easy. That method has been circumvented since even 2001 gaming.

idk i played gw2 took them till the HoT to deal with most the RMT bots but then free to play was added later pretty much killed most of them due to chat restrictions, but who knows give sega a bit of time maybe we get rid of them

I think it's great that they have been talking about it. It's good morale to keep reporting instead of ignoring it.

My morale is at an all time low as I continue to need to blacklist and report 3-5 spambots a day.

Come on, when are we getting the one-button blacklist+report?

Considering how bans and blocks cannot do much, shouldn't we be discussing how to actually make RMT so worthless that both buyers and sellers lose interest on it? Or is that also a lost cause?

Just keep banning the people buying the meseta.

@CacodemoN said in Account measures for dishonest acts:

If they were working hard they would be tackling what causes the issue, right now they're just wiping a marker.

People buying meseta is the root of the issue.

@Arcflare said in Account measures for dishonest acts:

I mean if this is their only solution then its literally never going to stop. JP only had this problem for a brief time and then stopped it pretty much completely with some slightly aggressive IP blocks for certain regions from my understanding. I know in my 3-4 months of playing on the JP version i never once saw a single RMT.

It wasn't the IP bans. JP players didn't buy RMT meseta, so without demand the RMT market crashed. The only reason we have goldbots here is because there's players paying the money.

@Shirokami07 Or rather Japanese players were smart enough to not fall of it since Trading is basically a premium system so how would they get you the cash?