Flashy Ultimate Skills?

How realistic is it that this game will have flashy cool looking ultimate skills one day? You know, those skills that are restricted to specific requirements like having below 10% hp and a cooldown of 10 or 20 minutes but in return they are very flashy and deals alot of damage and are just beautiful and satisfying to use. Those are in every Anime or JRPG games.

I mean i play since the global release couple of weeks ago and i really enjoy this game.. But its hard to imagine that after 8 years of this games existence there are for each weapon only 7 to 10 or 11 photon arts.. So you spam the same old skills for almost a decade now?!

Im someone who cares alot for the combat system. and skills are very important to keep the gameplay feel fresh and new. And this game is like monster hunter in terms of the basic attacks.. each weapon has like 3 unique basic attack animations ... this is getting very boring after a while so the photon arts compensate that but if you have only those few for so many years of this games existence... well

I dont want to complain here i love this game and i play it all day long after my work. Its just my thoughts how to even make this game much better.

So what do you think? Will we ever get those flashy ultimate skills?

And secondly : if not, do you think the skills will change anyway because of the graphic engine update that pso2 will get along with pso2 new genesis? So if pso2 gets an graphic update the photon arts should look better too right? Because they get a new animation right?

If not i hope Pso2 new genesis will support new skills and dont recycle the current ones.

Sorry for my english its not my main language!

Edit : I heard that we still dont have ALL photon arts that pso2 has in japan.. can someone tell me how many more new photon arts we get here in our version? So how many new photon arts will come for each weapon type with episode 5 and 6 ?

Wand gets a physical PA, and there's three Simple Compound Techs that just cost a lot instead of having a CD like the ones we have now. After that, Sword, Knuckles, Launcher, TMG, Bow, and JB get Complex PAs that function similarly to Compound Techs where you have to charge them up. The successor classes have their own special PAs as well, but that's tied to the class itself.

That monhun comparison is so off the mark.

@MoldyAsp33874 said in Flashy Ultimate Skills?:

That monhun comparison is so off the mark.

So how does this reply help me or my question and this thread in any aspect? It is not helpful, did you read the pinned thread in this forum? it tells you what is a valid response and what not. You should follow the rules.

And i have in both games around of 150 to 250 hours of playtime i just wanted to express that the normal attack spamming is like mhw in terms of that you repeat your normal attack all the time.

you have a basic attack that dont have much of a variety in its use. you just use it all the time with the few same animations. that was my point there i did not say PSO2 = Mhw same game.

Nevermind though.

@AiC-L I see thanks. i forgot those successor classes that will also have new PAs. Thats a relief thanks i didnt put attention to that

I assume you are looking for stuff like, stop the action, zoom in on character dramatically as they do some dace or kata or whatever, then launch this extra giant super special move? Like Kritika? Like super moves from fighting games? PSO1 used to have the original Photon Blasts. Truth is, I MISS those things. They were the super move everyone wanted to have. And a 4man PB chain in PSO 1 was almost pop corn worthy. PSUniverse had their version of super attacks. Forgot their actual names, but each race got (eventually) a "super move" in that game. Casts would spawn giant weapons. Beasts transformed into.... larger beasts, and added to the PSP games were human and newman light and dark spirits that did more or less what cast super weapons did. I miss my mini cast giant satellite freezing beam of doom.

I assume such things were not added here (and also reason why PBs became much smaller) because of the 12 man areas. In a 4 man place, stuff from players could be made larger and more resource intensive. But I don't want to imagine a large PSO1 PB chain with 12 people while a boss stage timer ticks down, or people tossing super weapons and transformations en masse. It would have been quite the GPU melting show back in 2012...

As for workaround to variety, I can only offer you to go with different weapons. Not just one or two, but more. At least you won't get bored of the same stuff always, and will also have the benefit of having the 'right tool for the job' almost always.

@ZorokiHanuke said in Flashy Ultimate Skills?:

I assume you are looking for stuff like, stop the action, zoom in on character dramatically as they do some dace or kata or whatever, then launch this extra giant super special move? Like Kritika? Like super moves from fighting games? PSO1 used to have the original Photon Blasts. Truth is, I MISS those things. They were the super move everyone wanted to have. And a 4man PB chain in PSO 1 was almost pop corn worthy. PSUniverse had their version of super attacks. Forgot their actual names, but each race got (eventually) a "super move" in that game. Casts would spawn giant weapons. Beasts transformed into.... larger beasts, and added to the PSP games were human and newman light and dark spirits that did more or less what cast super weapons did. I miss my mini cast giant satellite freezing beam of doom.

I assume such things were not added here (and also reason why PBs became much smaller) because of the 12 man areas. In a 4 man place, stuff from players could be made larger and more resource intensive. But I don't want to imagine a large PSO1 PB chain with 12 people while a boss stage timer ticks down, or people tossing super weapons and transformations en masse. It would have been quite the GPU melting show back in 2012...

As for workaround to variety, I can only offer you to go with different weapons. Not just one or two, but more. At least you won't get bored of the same stuff always, and will also have the benefit of having the 'right tool for the job' almost always.

Yes you are right. right now im playing all jobs to 80 but i cant really get to enjoy the unique weapon types for each class because all are doing FF for exp grinding and no matter what class i play we all need to have launchers and spam it in the corner for pse burst. So while i play all classes , i dont really play them. so i hope later at level 80 i will have enough content of end game to play each class and each weapon with all their different photon arts. but until you are not level 75 or 80 you feel like you only play with an launcher and spam basic attack.

of course i can do different stuff but i feel stupid not doing the most efficient way of exp grinding. the solo content is not rewarding enough to be prefered. thats very very sad for me.

but yea as you said those skills are the ones im talking about. if its not existing because of 12 man content you could restrict it only for story quests or only for solo content to compensate the damage loss.

or only available if you play with npc characters who cant use it to compensate for that. So there are many ways to implement it.

i really hope it will be added later or it is a unique feature for pso2 new genesis.

or at least revamp or remake the current photon arts or implement more than those few each weapon type has. i know this cost alot of ressources but those are going into the combat system which is the most important thing a game has to offer so it should be a good investment.

im not saying im bored of this game there are still so many cool skills and classes that i have to play yet and we get those scion classes. so its not a complain of lack of skills but more like a very cool imagination of how future skills could be like

They are probably not going to do major changes to combat for PSO2 anymore (it's nearing its 10 year plan life cycle) - maybe for NGS

As for flashy PAs, I guess 解式PA (I think arks-layer translated to Complex Photon Arts) is something implemented later in the game on JP.

Quick sample I can find that just uses the 解式PA is for launcher

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPoE5nFnhjI

So far I think there are 6 weapons with 解式PA

@Raihanta said in Flashy Ultimate Skills?:

Yes you are right. right now im playing all jobs to 80 but i cant really get to enjoy the unique weapon types for each class because all are doing FF for exp grinding and no matter what class i play we all need to have launchers and spam it in the corner for pse burst. So while i play all classes , i dont really play them. so i hope later at level 80 i will have enough content of end game to play each class and each weapon with all their different photon arts. but until you are not level 75 or 80 you feel like you only play with an launcher and spam basic attack.

of course i can do different stuff but i feel stupid not doing the most efficient way of exp grinding. the solo content is not rewarding enough to be prefered. thats very very sad for me.

but yea as you said those skills are the ones im talking about. if its not existing because of 12 man content you could restrict it only for story quests or only for solo content to compensate the damage loss.

or only available if you play with npc characters who cant use it to compensate for that. So there are many ways to implement it.

i really hope it will be added later or it is a unique feature for pso2 new genesis.

or at least revamp or remake the current photon arts or implement more than those few each weapon type has. i know this cost alot of ressources but those are going into the combat system which is the most important thing a game has to offer so it should be a good investment.

im not saying im bored of this game there are still so many cool skills and classes that i have to play yet and we get those scion classes. so its not a complain of lack of skills but more like a very cool imagination of how future skills could be like

Here's a piece of advice, since you talked about launchers. It may look like or even be the most efficient way to level or farm or whatever. I have never tried it myself so I really don't know. But I'd advice you to not always go for that route unless you want to end up bored. Remember that gaming is much more than trying to reach the top, but to actually enjoy the game while playing it. This isn't your job so don't treat it as such.

When I pick a class and set up weapons, I limit myself to only the class theme. So tech user goes with tech weapons, range user has guns, and so on. Yes, I have a launcher that all my classes can use, but it's sitting solely on my ranged character's inventory, and it has more than normal attack slapped in. In fact, when I use my launcher, normal attack is used only to get back some PP. Instead I weave through all other PAs I have installed on it, and it's one of the more fun weapons to use that way.