pso2 tweaker

hello everyone! , this is gonna be confusing so strap in , pso2 is not available on steam in my country , so my only option was the tweaker , i downloaded the steam version from the tweaker , thinking it'd run normally (dumb i know) , the only reason i chose the steam one cuz i heard so many bad things about the MS store one , but what's done is done , now i downloaded the entire game , 70 something gb's , i pressed start pso2 , it opened steam but nothing happened , nada , nothing at all , is there a way to run the MS store version using the steam one's files? , right now i'm in the process of ''checking local files'' on the tweaker , as it detects the files i already downloaded , i'm waiting for it to finish in hopes that this will make it work , and in the mean time i'll post this thread to see if anyone replies , and yes i already did the powershell thing before checking the local files , now all i'm waiting for is to see what will happen after it's done checking , will it work out , or will it tell me to download the whole game again , sorry for the confusion , i'm really frustrated , i've been trying to make this work for a full day now , i'm not good with these coding/computer things at all , so i know nothing and i'm so confused , thanks for reading all this , and sadly i don't have the luxury of redownloading the game from scratch , cuz i have a limited monthly internet quota , and taking 70 gb's out of it already destroyed it hard , i can't take another 70

TLDR: downloaded steam version from tweaker cuz i can't download it normally cuz region restriction, didn't work (literally nothing happened when i pressed start pso2) , now i wanna know how to run the MS store version without having to re-download the whole game , please someone help me in any way i'm so done with this , i'm already very sad and frustrated that i can't play the game normally on steam cuz of region restrictions

update: the game finished checking , then downloaded some 25 files , 30 mb or so worth , then i redid the powershell thing again just in case , updated pso2 tweaker cuz it told me to , then pressed start , same thing NOTHING at all happened , the tweaker just closed , and nothing happened (the tweaker ''closed'' , in the task manager it's still appearing to be running in the background , tried to restart it a couple of times , but still nothing , i tried all the 3 trouble shoot options that are available , nothing helped

the tweaker uses the same files for both versions, just change to MS store version let check the files and is good to go, however to use the MS store you need to have the game assistant from Microsoft and a Microsoft account, if you are using Windows 10 you already have an account because Win 10 requires a account to use it

@Jamesmor yeah , i already have a microsoft account , but the game assistant? how do i get it? thanks so much for replying btw , i'm already on windows 10 , if it's a thing that comes with win 10 then i prolly already have it

@CoffeeBoyKiri you get in the MS store, also you gonna need a file that is in the Arks-Layer website to use the MS store because the files registration

@Jamesmor oh okay i see , also if the file you're talking about , is the powershell one , i already downloaded that one and put it in the pso2 tweaker folder and turned on developer mode and let it run till it was done

@CoffeeBoyKiri said in pso2 tweaker:

@Jamesmor oh okay i see , also if the file you're talking about , is the powershell one , i already downloaded that one and put it in the pso2 tweaker folder and turned on developer mode and let it run till it was done

As long as you followed the directions for installing the MS Store version, it should work after that. As for what is needed by the game, when it was registered through the powershell, the MS Store should have acquired the required items from the Store, which includes Gaming Services, something related to Visual Runtime C++ and DirectX for UWP apps, and maybe some XBOX related apps. All you really have to keep updated to continue playing the MS Store version through Tweaker is Gaming Services.

@Ragnawind i let the files check , then it downloaded 30 mb or so worth of files , redid powershell , the game didn't start

@CoffeeBoyKiri said in pso2 tweaker:

@Ragnawind i let the files check , then it downloaded 30 mb or so worth of files , redid powershell , the game didn't start

In PSO2 Tweaker, go to the Troubleshooting menu and use all 3 options on the right side of the popup window and try running the game again. Let each one finish before starting the next one.

@Ragnawind tried that already sadly

@Ragnawind @Jamesmor update , i got it working guys , thanks for all the help thanks a lot