Leveling 1 - 80 in just a couple of hours?? here's how

everybody knows that you can use keys to easily level up, also you can just grab a bunch of silver keys, let then expire and change then for gold keys

I hate to be a downer, but I feel like a guide that's just "use gold keys all at once" is kinda obvious to anyone who's been playing for a bit and most people don't have issues with grinding a second+ class up (and does it really count as 2 hours when there's so much time spent before the video grinding out that amount of silver keys?). If you allow a ton of beforehand prep time, I could make a guide that just says "they give out XP tickets as campaigns all the time, watch me pop them" where I just mash through a bunch of xp tickets in my inventory to get to 80.

A much more useful guide would be one talking about how to do 1-80 for a newbie, like which UQs are good to spam, good exp COs, optimizing VHAQs, etc, because that first climb is definitely the hardest.

5 silver keys will actually net you more experience than 1 gold key so the video is already wrong by using gold keys instead. Using gold keys is just the lazier less efficient way.

@NotWhoUThink If you save up your Silvers that will expire before PSO2 Day to convert them into Gold, you actually get more EXP than using them daily up until that point:

No PSO2 Day:

• Silver: ~285,900 EXP
  • Silver x5: ~1,429,500 EXP
  • Gold: ~1,126,500 EXP

PSO2 Day (+100% EXP)

• Silver: ~571,800 EXP
  • Silver x5: ~2,859,000 EXP
  • Gold: ~2,253,000 EXP

It can be rough on the Storage, but it nets you more EXP overall.

@AndrlCh said in Leveling 1 - 80 in just a couple of hours?? here's how:

@NotWhoUThink If you save up your Silvers that will expire before PSO2 Day to convert them into Gold, you actually get more EXP than using them daily up until that point:

No PSO2 Day:

PSO2 Day (+100% EXP)

It's pretty weird but you'd think gold keys would give you just as much if not more exp than 5 silver keys, they need to buff the exp gain on gold keys for sure.

@NotWhoUThink said in Leveling 1 - 80 in just a couple of hours?? here's how:

No PSO2 Day:

PSO2 Day (+100% EXP)

It's pretty weird but you'd think gold keys would give you just as much if not more exp than 5 silver keys, they need to buff the exp gain on gold keys for sure.

Nah, instead they just introduced Rainbow Keys later down the line.

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed said in Leveling 1 - 80 in just a couple of hours?? here's how:

No PSO2 Day:

PSO2 Day (+100% EXP)

Nah, instead they just introduced Rainbow Keys later down the line.

Only if they introduce Platinum Keys first and make it look extremely similar to Silver Keys to annoy people.

@NotWhoUThink I see the EXP difference like a convenience tax, just like how you can trade in sixty-seven 15k EXP Tickets for one 1million EXP Ticket. Though, since they are in the Swap Shop they are subject to discounts, like the 20% ones from JP Web Panel Events, which significantly lowers that EXP difference.

@AndrlCh I see what you mean by "like a convenience tax" for Keys anyways considering the much longer lifespan on Gold Keys but I think that's mitigated by the fact you'd have to wait 5 days (2 though if you have 3 characters) to actually use the one Gold Key.

@NotWhoUThink It is a convenience primarily in saved Booster time.

@AndrlCh I see what you mean by "like a convenience tax" for Keys anyways considering the much longer lifespan on Gold Keys but I think that's mitigated by the fact you'd have to wait 5 days (2 though if you have 3 characters) to actually use the one Gold Key.

Far as I know, gold keys don't have a longer lifespan, it's 7 days just like silver keys.

Recently there was a campaign that gave out a gold key and that one specifically lasted like a month, but that's probably just so people didn't feel like they had to manage when they finished the campaign to make sure they got the key at the right time to manage its expiry.

@AndrlCh Yeah, I guess at that point if you were using boosters and didn't have a lot of them then I guess it would be the better option.

@Akonyl said in Leveling 1 - 80 in just a couple of hours?? here's how:

Far as I know, gold keys don't have a longer lifespan, it's 7 days just like silver keys.

Recently there was a campaign that gave out a gold key and that one specifically lasted like a month, but that's probably just so people didn't feel like they had to manage when they finished the campaign to make sure they got the key at the right time to manage its expiry.

I'm wondering if that's why I confused Gold Keys for having a longer lifespan than Silvers. I just assumed that's how Gold Keys worked and never really bothered to read the expiry date of Gold Keys afterwards.

Gold keys technically have "infinite" lifespan... so long as you're willing to sacrifice a total of any 5 keys.

Yes, you can use expired rappy, magatsu, and tokyo gold keys as well.