Game will occasionally lock to 60 FPS in ARKS lobby.

Upon returning from a mission I sometimes notice my 144 FPS has been locked to 60 FPS in the ARKS Lobby even though V-Sync is off and my FrameKeep is 176(which allows 144 max frames)

System Specs: GPU: TITAN RTX CPU: i9-10900X RAM: 32GB 3200MHz Corsair Vengeance Storage: 2TB Intel 660p SSD OS: Windows 10 Platform: Steam

All settings are max and without locking frames I average about 170 fps on 1080p with the fake fullscreen mode. I do alt-tab a lot since just one monitor if that helps at all. It feels really bad when the game locks itself to 60 fps with a 144Hz monitor.

Seems like this happens during the concerts. Being anywhere in lobby area/shopping/etc when a concert is going on locks the game to 60 FPS, is this intended? If so it kinda sucks when on a 144Hz monitor ><

@Kurumi-Tokisaki I'll see if I can find the original patch notes for it, but yes, if it is during the new Quna concert, then it is intended. When it was first released, it was crashing people's games so they patched it to force reduced FPS and detailed model count. It was supposed to be a grand spectacle, but instead it was a mess that the game engine couldn't handle. Though it did bring us the cosmic horror of floating eye-ball Quna:

alt text

EDIT: Found the original patch notes for the "countermeasures" (they were vague about what they exactly were, though): http://pso2.jp/players/news/11412/?page=28

@AndrlCh said in Game will occasionally lock to 60 FPS in ARKS lobby.:

@Kurumi-Tokisaki I'll see if I can find the original patch notes for it, but yes, if it is during the new Quna concert, then it is intended. When it was first released, it was crashing people's games so they patched it to force reduced FPS and detailed model count. It was supposed to be a grand spectacle, but instead it was a mess that the game engine couldn't handle. Though it did bring us the cosmic horror of floating eye-ball Quna:

alt text

EDIT: Found the original patch notes for the "countermeasures" (they were vague about what they exactly were, though): http://pso2.jp/players/news/11412/?page=28

Aw, that's unfortunate... Locking it in the lobby and outside of concert area too just feels really bad :'(. during the concert itself it's not too bad but wish they would've found a way to fix that by now. Ty for heads up.