If SEGA wants money, ensure PC has a founders pack.

I'm thinking this will probably be a thing and is already planned out and whatnot, but with the whole NDA situation you have regarding any talk of PC other than "it will be a thing!" and enough puzzling actions taken so far in many other aspects, I feel it warrants the mention.

If Sega wants easy money, make sure PC has some sort of founder pack.

People have wanted the game for so long there is no question that it will bring in money. Add to that the whole FOMO (fear of missing out) feeling and you have the perfect storm. A storm that rained money.

As far as I know there is no time limit on buying the founder pack. It's limited in that you can only buy it once though.

I'll be playing devil's advocate on both ends here. On one hand... it appears like the PC version will be relying on a Microsoft Account / GamerTag for logging in similar to the likes of Minecraft, Halo: Master Chief Collection, etc. Given that the price of the Founders Pack is in dollars, it may simply be listed on the MS Store and bound to your account afterwards where you will then find it ingame.

On the other hand... I would personally refrain and be cautious of spending money until we know for sure what the PC situation is. I do believe on JP, console-specific purchases have to be 'claimed' on that console (if you buy AC through the PSN store, you must login afterwards on PS4 or Vita to have it appear on your account). As a result, if for some reason things are set up this way... your money would have gone to waste.

Hopefully around Open Beta we may get more news on how long the collab will last and some news on the PC version.

@The-Question said in If SEGA wants money, ensure PC has a founders pack.:

As far as I know there is no time limit on buying the founder pack. It's limited in that you can only buy it once though.

This is in regards to those that don't have an xbox. If the option isn't available via the Msoft store when the time comes or it's not a thing on steam if/when that comes then PC is SOL and Sega is out what could have been a lot of easy money.

@Leonkh99 said in If SEGA wants money, ensure PC has a founders pack.:

I'll be playing devil's advocate on both ends here. On one hand... it appears like the PC version will be relying on a Microsoft Account / GamerTag for logging in similar to the likes of Minecraft, Halo: Master Chief Collection, etc. Given that the price of the Founders Pack is in dollars, it may simply be listed on the MS Store and bound to your account afterwards where you will then find it ingame.

On the other hand... I would personally refrain and be cautious of spending money until we know for sure what the PC situation is. I do believe on JP, console-specific purchases have to be 'claimed' on that console (if you buy AC through the PSN store, you must login afterwards on PS4 or Vita to have it appear on your account). As a result, if for some reason things are set up this way... your money would have gone to waste.

Hopefully around Open Beta we may get more news on how long the collab will last and some news on the PC version.

There's been zero info about PC so it's all guesses, really. I've been UNpleasantly surprised by quite a few decisions on their part already so it's worth mentioning to reinforce that it should be a thing when the time comes because it's a win win for them and the players. Whether I spend money or not on this game is depending on an entirely different issue that has already been covered at length on the forums so I'll end that bit there. I just want the option available on the extremely small chance that issue plays out in favor of my stance because then it's game on. Let the cash flow~ 😏

In regards to your second paragraph. If you have an xbox to buy the pack to begin with (i'm assuming that's where it will be purchasable, but that's just a guess), you'd be able to just log in and claim, and then move to PC. As long as it's cross-save that wouldn't be an issue. In relation to what you said though, fun random fact: The game Dauntless, also cross-save, out on PS4/PC(epic store)/xbox, any in-game currency bought on PS4 HAS to be used on PS4 where-as the PC and xbox currency is together and can be spent playing on either system. Again, not REALLY an issue, just more of an annoyance that I had to swap to PS4 to burn it up before learning that was a thing having swapped to PC the next day.

I'm expecting zero information until xbox release. That will have given xbox a decent amount of hypetime, sold some consoles, and if it's still coming in the Spring, Msoft will have to let them talk about the PC sometime before then. Unless it ends up being a surprise "hey PC release next week!" release. Time will tell.

Again, I'm confident it's already in the works, but to restate the issue, make sure PC-only players have access to the founder pack!