UQs only for elitists.

PD solo is hard, but fair.

@Sephlock said in UQs only for elitists.:

Actually I've been meaning to ask: Since most combat is handled client side but boss battles are handled server side, does that mean that dodging the Deus attacks is subject to lag? Because it sure felt that way back then (on JP), and it feels easy to dodge them in NA...

Lag can make the boss move at abnormal speed (fast or slow), but you dodging attacks is all on you. The server does not need to communicate for you to dodge any attacks, only for the damage to register if you got hit or heal, etc.

@Milranduil said in UQs only for elitists.:

@Sephlock said in UQs only for elitists.:

Actually I've been meaning to ask: Since most combat is handled client side but boss battles are handled server side, does that mean that dodging the Deus attacks is subject to lag? Because it sure felt that way back then (on JP), and it feels easy to dodge them in NA...

Lag can make the boss move at abnormal speed (fast or slow), but you dodging attacks is all on you. The server does not need to communicate for you to dodge any attacks, only for the damage to register if you got hit or heal, etc.

Huh. I guess I just got gud then.

@AllenFC said in UQs only for elitists.:

Ok why make a UQ where 5 deaths make it over. When u have teammates that eat every attack like a all u can eat buffet. Once agen sega you only make stuff like this possble for elitists. I can't get union gear because u make solo uq only for elitist and now i can't get clifferd units or weapons.

GG im here to play a game and have fun. U ruined my fun with these stupid uqs that only 0.1% players will clear making gap in equips even bigger.

0.1%? Bro... Have some coordination and learn to stop dying. Watch some videos before you go in and only party with experienced players in your alliance, not randoms. If you can't figure out how to stop dying then higher level content isn't meant or tailored for you, stick to XH expeditions or something... Literally have not died in this fight after I learned the mechanics.

@AllenFC if you can't beat the current content with the gear we have access to it's not the games fault

Well i assume everyone is watching a "Youtube-Guide" 5-10 times before join.

Going Blind to this kind of content is "Throwing the game before even join".

The first time I played the "hard" quest, I felt terrible, too. I didn't know there even was a 2nd part where you could only use 4 characters, and wasn't my main class for the first UQ and then my party wanted to move on to the 2nd party. I snuck out of the gateway ship and it still wouldn't let me change classes and it really concerned me that I knew I'd be a letdown to the team how I was. Also couldn't go to my alliance quarters to get a more helpful buff which I felt was another liability. And then I felt like I completely blew it for my team.

However, since then, I've noticed some things:

You get a half hour of retrying to attempt to beat the quest. Even if you fail, the good players in your party that you feel you let down can try again, and so they can still win. Additionally, this is optional. It's not like it has weapons twice as strong as the Raven/Nemesis weapons locked behind it or anything. If you don't want to play it, you don't have to. Finally, yes it feels devastating at first, but honestly I think more people will find they can make adjustments to win even if they don't improve their fighting skills. That's right, getting the biggest guts drink, attack buff from your alliance, rations, etc., and just having really good gear make it a lot easier than it was on the first attempt, even if you still think you'll play bad.

So in the end, don't lie down and die when you get hit, stack back up and fight. If you just won everything on the first try you'd never have to push yourself to start doing anything better in order to win. My last run of this, even with randos, my entire team only had 1 death and we beat it with time to spare. I've played other games with things much worse than this.

4-man esca is way easier than PD, let alone phaleg. I got S-rank on the first run, never died, never seen any video of it, I only played the 12-man one time to gain access to it.

Now, I don't join pre-mades and I'm very willing to help on random PUGS, but if someone dies 4-5 times in a row screwing a run for everybody else, then that becomes a bit frustrating and I suggest studying the fight on youtube or during the 12-man and try to not die there for some runs before trying again the 4-man.

For one, the Zein weapons are good for sentence triple, nothing else really. (Which is fine by me it’s made me a ton of meseta so far)

PD solo... not elitist but not fun for me. It’s probably easily doable but I need good rewards to put forth the effort and upgrading to union weapons is definitely not it.

Deus Esca however.. that ones easy. It has some of the most blatantly obviously AOE locations than any boss fight in a game with “stay out of scary red circle” mechanics that I’ve ever played. This is coming from an avid FFXIV fan and ESO where one aoe mishaps is probably a wipe. Deus has some pretty easily avoidable attacks.

Always run left with your party of 4. Right side is useless. You need a good group that cares at least a little for this fight to work tho.

I pubbed it fine with two Rangers, a Bow Braver and a Bouncer. I was one of the rangers.

Rangers/Forces destroy that thing given they can hit the weak spot at times that other classes can't.

Im still missing the point of this, UQs solo or solo party are not that Hard, Phaleg is a content that is really hard.

@Rolph-Rhega said in UQs only for elitists.:

Im still missing the point of this, UQs solo or solo party are not that Hard, Phaleg is a content that is really hard.

I essentially agree but compare it to the rest of the game, there is actual consequences for death here unlike 95% of this game. The game finally punishes you for doing bad unlike everywhere else where it might just be a blow to your ego by being dead on the ground until someone resses you or something. And such people get used to this state of no punishment for death so crying about the opposite happening should come to no surprise.

Dont know if this is a big brain troll post, or just a bad player

@CrAZYVIC said in UQs only for elitists.:

Well i assume everyone is watching a "Youtube-Guide" 5-10 times before join.

Going Blind to this kind of content is "Throwing the game before even join".

You don't even have to do that. It's the same fight as the regular Deus, there's just less of you now and he take less damage.