UQs only for elitists.

can you all stop dying in my rematches, thanks.

Its not that elitist, its not even that hard if you are equipped and have a decent party, play with friends, equip yourself up, prioritize Gear from Costumes if you want to do the "Hard content", unless you do that and practice your skills, you wont be able to clear it. Lets us Hardcore players have fun clearing the Hard content, maybe on of those players should be able to carry you anyways.

I just ran Deus Esca rematch again, and it was rather easy in comparison to the Dragon rematch in Episode 5. Just gear up, and learn the fight.

What are you talking about? The 4-man version wasn't hard at all, solo PD is harder honestly.

So I've tried this and PD. Found PD harder as it's very random in a lot of it's mechanics. Deus is super predictable but takes a couple of tries to learn. Died 3 times the first time around. 1 the second, 0 the 3rd which was the kill and pretty much our last chance at killing it for that 30 mins. The first two has the full 5 deaths and our last I think was either 1 or 2 total. Alliance runs.

As most folks mentioned it's just about responding to patterns. hand over the back, move in to avoid beam, as soon as it goes off the single platform jump back and go the right. walk between the beams, nuke the weak point a bit more before he pulls back. Stay out of blue, normally he'll sword or hit this with his fist after (correct me on this). Otherwise most of the other stuff is just actively moving around to stop getting clipped by stuff.

Having an alliance is good for learning as you'll naturally share info and improve each other. If you're in an alliance that isn't being supportive, you're probably in the wrong one. 5 deaths for a fairly short fight ain't bad, much more generous than the 1 in PD.

@Nerzarn said in UQs only for elitists.:

Died 3 times the first time around. 1 the second, 0 the 3rd which was the kill and pretty much our last chance at killing it for that 30 mins. The first two has the full 5 deaths and our last I think was either 1 or 2 total. Alliance runs.

If you had the full 5 deaths, how did you retry it? I was under the impression you only got one shot (unless you abandoned the quest before actually failing), and when I failed the first time I didn't have a Retry option at the gate. Do you just have to go back to the counter to retry it?

THIS TOPIC IS BEAUTIFUL. PRECIOUS. 10/10. I predicted this happening, NA players crying when something really challenging comes to NA since launch, while they stay blind for how powerfull affix is. I follow this thread carefully 😊

@Akonyl said in UQs only for elitists.:

Also, the fight has happened a single time so far. My group (all randos) failed partially because two people ate the arena-splitting attack, but we barely failed near the end. That's easy enough to avoid when people know what's going on in the fight, though.

People will learn, just like how a bunch of groups failed to kill Golden Magatsu when that first came out, and now people melt him consistently with 2 minutes left.

Just to comment on this, I did this UQ again and we had a single death in the final phase (though that guy also got saved by iron will once in an earlier section). People will definitely get better at the fight as time goes on.

That's so very true. The Problem with Esca is that you only have one try. Whether you fail or succeed. And with the limited times it pops up practicing is a kinda slow process

Wrong post, if a admin see it, delete it.

@Zymran said in UQs only for elitists.:

Also, the fight has happened a single time so far. My group (all randos) failed partially because two people ate the arena-splitting attack, but we barely failed near the end. That's easy enough to avoid when people know what's going on in the fight, though.

People will learn, just like how a bunch of groups failed to kill Golden Magatsu when that first came out, and now people melt him consistently with 2 minutes left.

Just to comment on this, I did this UQ again and we had a single death in the final phase (though that guy also got saved by iron will once in an earlier section). People will definitely get better at the fight as time goes on.

That's so very true. The Problem with Esca is that you only have one try. Whether you fail or succeed. And with the limited times it pops up practicing is a kinda slow process

Actually, you can retry it as many times as you want within a half hour period if you fail, the same as with PD solo.

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed said in UQs only for elitists.:

I never really understood how PSO2 has elitists. Even more so in NA where we are all more powerful than we should be. PSO2 isn't known for it's difficulty.

You couldn't be more wrong, quest party limited to only 4 and solo content are very challeging in this game, if you think phaleg fight is hard, search for omega masquerade and Extreme Quest Solo Phanatical Phantom.

@LordCloudStrife said in UQs only for elitists.:

THIS TOPIC IS BEAUTIFUL. PRECIOUS. 10/10. I predicted this happening, NA players crying when something really challenging comes to NA since launch, while they stay blind for how powerful affix is. I follow this thread carefully 😊

Personally not really crying because its challenging, I do love me a challenge, personally I cry for the people that group with me lol. Well, currently I practice the rematch solo, was able to get to the earth destruction phase before dying the last time, most deaths were dumb so will see where I am later today. 😛

But yeah, I also just get super nervous when I see that incapacitation cap (in group), and now knowing its an auto-fail when it gets to 5, even if I know the fight, I'm still gonna find ways to screw it up because of nervousness lawl. Which is why I prefer the PD fight, instant failure (unless dolls/mag cluches) if you die, but you're solo. My failure isn't causing others to fail.

I don't have issues because I only party up with Phaleg S rank titlers :^)

The 5 death limit is more like encouraging people to form groups of competent players so that they can avoid failure. It's an MMO, a quest forcing you to rely on other players not dying as well means you probably have a way better chance of success by forming groups of reliable friends / alliance mates who don't die.

This isn't about elitists unless you think groups or friends are elitist O_O

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed said in UQs only for elitists.:

I never really understood how PSO2 has elitists. Even more so in NA where we are all more powerful than we should be. PSO2 isn't known for it's difficulty.

Part of me thinks it's baggage from other MMOs. This game is just too casual for that for all of those FFXIV antics and drama lol