UQs only for elitists.

Ok why make a UQ where 5 deaths make it over. When u have teammates that eat every attack like a all u can eat buffet. Once agen sega you only make stuff like this possble for elitists. I can't get union gear because u make solo uq only for elitist and now i can't get clifferd units or weapons.

GG im here to play a game and have fun. U ruined my fun with these stupid uqs that only 0.1% players will clear making gap in equips even bigger.

The main UQ drops Clifard Fuses and Zeinesis units. You can trade those in at Zig to get Clifard units (60 fuses).

The 4-man UQ directly drops Clifard (probably a pretty low chance like Ozfe units in PD), but you can grind for them without doing it. The drop rate for Zeinesis probably isn't so high that you'll be starved for fuses while trying to make your Clifards too much.

Also, the fight has happened a single time so far. My group (all randos) failed partially because two people ate the arena-splitting attack, but we barely failed near the end. That's easy enough to avoid when people know what's going on in the fight, though.

People will learn, just like how a bunch of groups failed to kill Golden Magatsu when that first came out, and now people melt him consistently with 2 minutes left.

To add on to what @Akonyl said, both the Union and Cliffard weapons are still outclassed by the Nemesis/Raven series which you can farm at any time in Ultimate Quests.

I failed the first time because 2 members didn't pay attention to the fight with 12 players because is exactly the same and were killed with the splitting attack and with the punches ending up dying 5 times, the fight itself is not hard because Deus Esca attacks are pretty easy to predict and dodge however most players won't notice right away and will die so wait until tomorrow and you not gonna find many people who love to eat hits from the boss, unless is a Summoner those will continue to eat the hits to do more damage

For... Elitists?

Oh boy, this thread is going places lmao.

Show me your solo PD and Phaleg S rank title bro. They're basic game requirements and not some elitist crazy skilled pull-off.

Honestly, the fight is really not that bad at all now. Back when it was new in the Japanese server, we got hit very hard by it and didn't do nearly the damage we're doing right now in NA. My group probably killed it more than twice as fast as we did there. That goes for a lot of the bosses we have in NA by the way.

The point is that due to the gear that we have it's already kind of "nerfed". To act like it needs more, having played the original fight when it was relevant, feels a bit silly. If you're having trouble, just take some time to gear up, get better acquainted with your class and a at a point, well, get good. Keep practicing at it. It's more than possible as it is right now.

Reminder to play summoner if you cant beat any bosses in the game

I'm on the other side of the spectrum where I caused a group to fail, got really sad and shut the game down right after and am no contemplating quitting the game. I wanna make decent progress in the game but more than that I don't wanna be the reason people fail.

Even goes for the people I normally play with, I don't wanna be the person holding them back either lol.

Next time it rolls around I will simply try to solo it and if that's impossible then, alright.

You mean to tell me that the hard mode rematch, intended to be hard, is actually doing a successful job of being hard and requiring people to get better at the game?

Don't beat yourself up if you can't complete what is essentially a flashing neon sign of "This is an extra hard mode fight". You are intended to improve and overcome it like a challenge instead of giving up after getting lightly slapped once.

@SuccubusAlice said in UQs only for elitists.:

You mean to tell me that the hard mode rematch, intended to be hard, is actually doing a successful job of being hard and requiring people to get better at the game?

Don't beat yourself up if you can't complete what is essentially a flashing neon sign of "This is an extra hard mode fight". You are intended to improve and overcome it like a challenge instead of giving up after getting lightly slapped once.

I love difficult things, but not at the expense of others enjoyment. I love the solo barren blossom fight for example, because its solo, I don't hold 3 other people back if I fail it.

@Kats said in UQs only for elitists.:

I love difficult things, but not at the expense of others enjoyment.

What enjoyment is ruined in practicing and getting better with others? This is exactly what I mean by "Don't beat yourself up" over it.

You WILL get better, and you WILL eventually beat it.

Nothing is solved if you run away crying because you got slapped once.

To help those struggling, here are the simple dodges to remember at the final phase (after the initial dragons):

When he does the handsweep, go in and out. When going in, you can hit the weak point. Go out and dodge the lightning to hit the weak spot again.

Watch for his hand to glow yellow, this signals the hand slam. This is going to be a very common source of player death so keep an eye out.

When he does the sword swipe, do NOT stand on the left side. This gives you more time to dodge/properly time your dodge.

Self explanatory, but do not stand in the blue. Ever.

Use Buffs, Zanverse, etc. If ANYONE in your party can cast Resta do not waste time drinking, as this can lead to your death among faster attacks.

@Kats said in UQs only for elitists.:

I love difficult things, but not at the expense of others enjoyment.

What enjoyment is ruined in practicing and getting better with others? This is exactly what I mean by "Don't beat yourself up" over it.

You WILL get better, and you WILL eventually beat it.

Nothing is solved if you run away crying because you got slapped once.

If only everyone had that mindset. 😛 I will practice next time it rolls around, throwing myself at it solo over and over lawl.

I never really understood how PSO2 has elitists. Even more so in NA where we are all more powerful than we should be. PSO2 isn't known for it's difficulty.

I think the title is more just a misuse of the word elitists (a lot of people seem to use this word as a synonym for "skilled" or "serious" players), but you're right that PSO2 definitely has elitists which is very strange to me.

It's just a game.