A place to verify who all the GMs are

So I was recently going through the list of GMs trying to learn who they were when I realized a new GM joined yesterday. Given the unusual timing since most of the other GMs all joined at around the same time in early February I'm looking for some way to confirm if this new GM Sirius is actually what their username says they are.

Presumably all the mods are in this user group: https://forum.pso2.com/groups/administrators (unleoss there's someone new they haven't added yet)

Then in that case there are 3 GM user names that aren't on the list, so are they not actually GMs?

Having a tag under their username or a small graphic might also help make it look more official.

@Ranmaru said in A place to verify who all the GMs are:

Having a tag under their username or a small graphic might also help make it look more official.

That is one of the issues with NodeBB forums, among their countless other issues. A lot of customization must be coded in manually for stuff like that. Personally, I prefer when forums use phpBB or vBulletin. They just look a lot more professional out-of-the-box and are often easier to set up what you want. At least the actual staff has a sysmbol under their name that says PSO2 Staff, but it only seems to show on their posts, rather than on their profile, as well.

@PrinceBrightstar considering they are not yet in an admin/moderator group and haven't made any posts, or even logged back on since, I wouldn't be too concerned with whether they are a GM or not.

As far as I am concerned, @GM-Rappie and @GM-Deynger are the only two involved with what goes on in the forums (at least until the others start making themselves known, if they ever do)

ヾ(•ω•`)o Anyone within that administrators group is a GM. We are also the only ones with PSO2 Staff under our names when we post stuff.

On the old Sega forums there was one thing that made it a little more apparent and easy to spot. On top of having the staff tag under their name, admins/GMs would have red names. And moderators would have orange names. Like this

alt text

alt text

That might be a good idea. There is another group coming though, just fyi.

@GM-Deynger n-nani!? I never got my offer letter!

@GM-Deynger said in A place to verify who all the GMs are:

That might be a good idea. There is another group coming though, just fyi.

Nice purple tag there. A new group?! Does this mean a new group of GMs? Or will they have some sort of different title?

Purple, for royalty. 😉 And yes and yes.

New GMs, Interesting! I wonder if there will be any from past Phantasy Star Games. I know Ruby Eclipse was a big PSO fan and he still works there. He was a GM back in PSU along with Edward@Sega. They were fun to play with. Tell Ruby to stop being Sonic The Hedgehog for a little while and play some PSO2!

Anyway, regardless who they are, I look forward to seeing them around!

@Home-Dog said in A place to verify who all the GMs are:

New GMs, Interesting! I wonder if there will be any from past Phantasy Star Games. I know Ruby Eclipse was a big PSO fan and he still works there. He was a GM back in PSU along with Edward@Sega. They were fun to play with. Tell Ruby to stop being Sonic The Hedgehog for a little while and play some PSO2!

Haha, will do!

@Home-Dog said in A place to verify who all the GMs are:

Agreed, would be nice to see some familiar faces in the staff. Course, I remember those names but I honestly don't remember them as people very well because it's been too long.