A new player's suggestions!!! (thread)

I started playing about a week ago, about 100 hrs in, and I have some suggestions that would make this game a lot better!!! From most important to least important:

1. Mobility issue: Our characters need to be faster!! You know those bubbles in Tokyo that you activate to run super fast? Could you please put that effect in place of the dash that we currently have? Like a speed run toggle on the right trigger button!!! That would make catching up to other players and just plain moving around in an area so much better!

2. Loosen up attacking: Currently, you have to practically stop attacking to change the direction of your attacks!! (From the prospective of a hunter class) Let us freely change direction while attacking! A "hold normal attack button to lock and jump attack to nearest enemy in the direction your facing" attack would help keep the action flowing a lot better also!!

3. Weapon styles: This game has so many beautiful weapons but after you get a strong weapon all the weaker weapons styles are useless. Could we please get the ability to turn any weapon into a "weapon camo"? All those weaker weapon styles would be useful again!!

Well, that's it!! I love everything else!!! Especially the concerts!!!

@KillJoyDOD said in A new player's suggestions!!! (thread):

I started playing about a week ago, about 100 hrs in, and I have some suggestions that would make this game a lot better!!! From most important to least important:

1. Mobility issue: Our characters need to be faster!! You know those bubbles in Tokyo that you activate to run super fast? Could you please put that effect in place of the dash that we currently have? Like a speed run toggle on the right trigger button!!! That would make catching up to other players and just plain moving around in an area so much better!

2. Loosen up attacking: Currently, you have to practically stop attacking to change the direction of your attacks!! (From the prospective of a hunter class) Let us freely change direction while attacking! A "hold normal attack button to lock and jump attack to nearest enemy in the direction your facing" attack would help keep the action flowing a lot better also!!

3. Weapon styles: This game has so many beautiful weapons but after you get a strong weapon all the weaker weapons styles are useless. Could we please get the ability to turn any weapon into a "weapon camo"? All those weaker weapon styles would be useful again!!

Well, that's it!! I love everything else!!! Especially the concerts!!! Note: I numbered my suggestions 1, 2 and 3 but the preview looks different. (1, 2 and 1)???

You need a space after your "2."

As for your suggestions 1 & 2 I like them, but I feel like they are being implemented in ngs. Later in the game you get access to faster movement but I feel like better ways could exist.

I agree with 3

@Moei said in A new player's suggestions!!! (thread):

@KillJoyDOD said in A new player's suggestions!!! (thread):

Well, that's it!! I love everything else!!! Especially the concerts!!! Note: I numbered my suggestions 1, 2 and 3 but the preview looks different. (1, 2 and 1)???

You need a space after your "2."

As for your suggestions 1 & 2 I like them, but I feel like they are being implemented in ngs. Later in the game you get access to faster movement but I feel like better ways could exist.

I agree with 3

Where do you "get access to faster movement"? I haven't even seen anything to work towards!!!

@KillJoyDOD There are PAs and Techs that can be used mainly for movement. Depending on what weapon you use you can look that up. It isn't as clean as a dedicated movement system though. Remember everyone can use gunslash, and I think Kickdance Dash/Regenschlag is a movement ability for that, I don't use gunslash though, so not completely sure.

@KillJoyDOD If you're a hunter, the main "fast movement" PAs would be Guilty Break for sword, and Spin Dance for wired lance. For Guilty Break, you'll need to learn how to guard to cancel the end of the attack, because the attack is really a fast dash followed by a few stationary bashes (so if you guard-cancel after the dash, you can stop the bashes from happening and immediately dash again). Spin Dance is especially effective, and after rank 12 or something it only costs 5 PP. It doesn't change direction easily, but you can guard to stop it and turn your camera to change your direction pretty quickly. You should be able to buy discs for both on the player shops, if you don't have them already.

Most classes have some kind of PA / Tech that zooms them around the field faster than normal running, but it changes based on the class.

Also for #2, I don't know which attacks you specifically mean, but in a lot of cases you can change your attacking direction by guarding to cancel your current attack and then quickly changing your direction and attacking again. Hunter in general though is kind of a "slow but big hitting" class with the sword being their main weapon, so I wouldn't be surprised if they have issues changing directions mid-combat (when I play hunter I just play wired lance though).