Mission Pass no longer exclusive to PSO2 Global

I just want more layered wear in the Mission Pass. Give us MOAR!

I really like the idea of the Mission Pass. It's just that most of the rewards have been meh. Izane Crystal x3 = 150,000 MST + Grinders x3 + Lambda Grinder x1 for a tier?

I with every 3 tiers came with a makeup pattern or accessory item (base) plus a hairstyle or body paint (Gold) from past JP AC Scratches for catch-up, every 10 tiers comes with an Outfit (baseline) plus full set of Ou+Ba+In (Gold) again for catch-up. Things like the ARKS sweatshirt and blazers outfit should belong here in the Mission Pass, and let Fresh Finds list the more coveted outfits like the Gothic Maid Dress as well as really popular outfits from past NA scratches.

That 100 SG price point might be more in line if the value of the items on the mission pass is not at the same level as ours. (I see far less cosmetics than the version we have)

As for the fact mission pass went over to JP, it was inevitable, I'd imagine NGS having a similar system as well. We were just a testing bed for it and since it went down so well and it raises people logging in daily for the missions to complete their passes of course Sega is going to treat it like a success and put it in more things.

@Albus-Rabbit Long as we can get it for ''free'' we are fine.

@kztm

I'm a fan of the Mission Pass too, and PSO2 does it surprisingly well compared to other games. Using Destiny 2 as an example, their seasonal pass is a damend grind and a half just to get the cosmetic armor over lays, which they leave at the tail end of the pass because of course they do.

PSO2 actually giving objectives to complete rather than just filling up your XP bar one hundred times like Destiny 2 makes it a lot more fun in my eyes, and essentially removes any semblance of grind from it.

I do wish the rewards were a bit better though - I'd kill to have some more Tokyo Passes in them over some of the useless boosts, grinders, and crystals we get.

JP Pass is likely a dud for anyone who's mostly big on cosmetics, but for things related to gameplay and gearing, the value is insane and can save hundreds of millions (up to a billion) meseta while just in general speeding up the gear progression and giving us better boosters.

Honestly its crazy how good it is.

@Blade-Syphon said in Mission Pass no longer exclusive to PSO2 Global:

PSO2 actually giving objectives to complete rather than just filling up your XP bar one hundred times like Destiny 2 makes it a lot more fun in my eyes, and essentially removes any semblance of grind from it.

I like that alongside Recommended Quests and probably some other stuff it helps solve the problem where one area, map or quest is considered to be the best so it's not worth running any of the others. Shifting objectives give numerous areas their time as the best one to run.

Well JP patch day is less than a day away, think someone datamined season 1 mission pass on JP

For cosmetics

Evo Device / Chibi Rela (Mag Device)
*Bode Gray (Sword Camo)
*Exacronov (Rifle Camo)
*Lumi Drablo (Rod Camo)
Odango Style Hair(Hairstyle)
Kabukimono Armor Shadow(Male Costume)
Kabukimono Armor Mysterious(Male Costume)
Humar Repca Shadow(Male Costume)
Humar Repca Shadow C(Cast Male Costume)
Arks Jersey M Mysterious [Ba](Male Basewear)
Arks Jersey M Winter [Ba](Male Basewear)
Himekabuki Armor Summer(Female Costume)
Himekabuki Armor Snow(Female Costume)
Hunewearl Repca Snow(Female Costume)
Humar Repca Shadow C(Cast Female Costume)
Arks Jersey F Shadow [Ba](Female Basewear)
Arks Jersey F Snow [Ba](Female Basewear)

Oh. Oh no. This Fortnite cancer reached the best uncensored version. What am I supposed to do now, do boring grinds in FFXIV? Fffffffffffffffffff.

34efbbde-9b32-4dcd-9d48-bc29bd5973ea-image.png

@HarmlessSyan said in Mission Pass no longer exclusive to PSO2 Global:

Well JP patch day is less than a day away, think someone datamined season 1 mission pass on JP

For cosmetics

Evo Device / Chibi Rela (Mag Device)
*Bode Gray (Sword Camo)
*Exacronov (Rifle Camo)
*Lumi Drablo (Rod Camo)
Odango Style Hair(Hairstyle)
Kabukimono Armor Shadow(Male Costume)
Kabukimono Armor Mysterious(Male Costume)
Humar Repca Shadow(Male Costume)
Humar Repca Shadow C(Cast Male Costume)
Arks Jersey M Mysterious [Ba](Male Basewear)
Arks Jersey M Winter [Ba](Male Basewear)
Himekabuki Armor Summer(Female Costume)
Himekabuki Armor Snow(Female Costume)
Hunewearl Repca Snow(Female Costume)
Humar Repca Shadow C(Cast Female Costume)
Arks Jersey F Shadow [Ba](Female Basewear)
Arks Jersey F Snow [Ba](Female Basewear)

Not datamined, dengeki released it on a article. But what matters is tokyo rainbow keys, affix capsule, mission badge to get those astral/ether/mana capsules from exchange shop.

@havox4 said in Mission Pass no longer exclusive to PSO2 Global:

Oh. Oh no. This Fortnite cancer reached the best uncensored version. What am I supposed to do now, do boring grinds in FFXIV? Fffffffffffffffffff.

34efbbde-9b32-4dcd-9d48-bc29bd5973ea-image.png

??? Why get mad at something that gives you free stuff for playing the game? It's not like you even have to play an especially large amount to complete it, unless this is just a joke post.

I could understand if you disliked it because of time-based content that would become unobtainable if you missed it, but scratches are already time-based and if you miss out on them you'll likely have to pay a ton more to get them anyway. If it actually cost money to do it too that'd be another thing, but the gold pass gives you back just as much SG as it costs, so it's SG-neutral even if you're doing gold.

It's only free if you value your time as no cost.

@havox4

You can pretty much earn them for just playing the game, no hassle involved and no cost in cash to you. I wouldn't even call the mission pass grinding, the target "Tier missions" are basically things you'd accomplish just playing the game.

So yes, in that sense, they are free and relatively easy to acquire for very little effort beyond actually playing the game. The hardest one for me to do is the 5 urgent quests, due to the times I'm on rarely coincide with the time the urgent events are occurring.

You can even get the gold pass without paying cash, just build up your star gems that can be acquired by simply playing the game and/or going through story mode, PvP mode and random SG giveaway events. None of those cost you anything than time spent you're playing the game anyways.

Fingers crossed SEGA dials back some of the everything is a time gated content thing for NGS. I've played a lot of different MMOs over the years, I'm not strictly opposed to long grinds, but time gated grind feels like I'm up shit creek without a paddle.

Patch is live.

Mission Pass Gold Ticket is 100 SG as previously stated, however - I do not see any SG ticket rewards in the first 30 tiers. So it may not be "free" as it is on Global, but only 100 SG is like a week of IDOLA.

There's 40 Mission Pass Badges every 10 tiers or so, so 120 mission badges for tier 1-30 which is the cost of 1 affix for Ether Factor, Astral Soul, Mana Reverie

There's rare materials for 15 star weapon building that is in the normal tier - not gold tier.

@coldreactive said in Mission Pass no longer exclusive to PSO2 Global:

Mission Pass functionality was datamined a while back, it just wasn't enabled yet.

Yep. People knew it was there just, we never thought it would come considering the amount of items that will never come over to NA/Global. Still at least if gives a sense of footing.