Matoi vs Phaleg: who would win?

@TEN-SQUARE-3 well you not gonna see that happening, technically in Episode 4 Matoi is strong as your character is, she was a walking nuke before because her weapon but now she can't use that same kind of power

It's still a part of Xion, even reduced in power, the Rod could probably destroy the planet easily if Xion deemed it necessary.

@Lemon-Sama to be fair all weapons made by Xion were just nukes, Clarissa was just the most overpowered

Yeah, that’s true, but arnt the new cosmegenic arms from zig meant to be nearly as powerful? Matoi from the lore in game can’t use regular weapons, they break after a single use

@TEN-SQUARE-3 said in Matoi vs Phaleg: who would win?:

@Sparhawk

Yeah episode 4 wasn’t my favourite, but I liked Phaleg. I thought she was by far the best new char they introduced, but they do need to start doing Matoi more justice in these cutscenes. Theirs so much lore about how powerful she is, but the only time we’ve really seen it is the flashback scenes in episode 2, when she was literally a walking nuke.

Wait for EP6, EP5 is the Harriet and Dark Falz story.

@Hakase

That’s something to look forward to then

Matoi through power of friendship. Come on people, don't delude yourselves...

Look at it this way: Falz Elder and his cousins were immensely powerful beings on their own, and they can't be physically killed. PD is their combined might, and even she was only a fraction of Xion's power, being a failed experiment. Xion can't be killed either, she chooses to be divided the way she does so nothing else can try to equal her. Luckily for all of us she was never into being destructive. Her weapons were meant as a means of self defense, but she admittedly poured too much of her conscience into Clarisssa.

If Xion chose, she could devote any amount of herself to Clarisssa, and she wouldn't need Matoi to do it. Imho Sega made Xion a little too OP.

At any time Xion could technically intervene and wipe out PD and everything she created, completely destroying even the time loop. But we wouldn't have much of a story mode if she did. That and she doesn't like getting involved.

@Lemon-Sama said in Matoi vs Phaleg: who would win?:

Look at it this way: Falz Elder and his cousins were immensely powerful beings on their own, and they can't be physically killed. PD is their combined might, and even she was only a fraction of Xion's power, being a failed experiment. Xion can't be killed either, she chooses to be divided the way she does so nothing else can try to equal her. Luckily for all of us she was never into being destructive. Her weapons were meant as a means of self defense, but she admittedly poured too much of her conscience into Clarisssa.

If Xion chose, she could devote any amount of herself to Clarisssa, and she wouldn't need Matoi to do it. Imho Sega made Xion a little too OP.

At any time Xion could technically intervene and wipe out PD and everything she created, completely destroying even the time loop. But we wouldn't have much of a story mode if she did. That and she doesn't like getting involved.

I’m going to have to go through the story again at some point, cause I got a completely different interpretation of Xion. I never thought she was that powerful, the game makes it clear she’s all knowing, and that she constantly plans and is trying to correct her mistakes from the past, but it always left what the extent of her powers outside that kinda vague.

All of that is kinda irrelevant to the discussion of how powerful Clarissa I is to the one that Zig makes, and how powerful Matoi is even without Clarissa I. She even with out it, is strong enough to break normal weaps with a single use, and even without Clarissa was completely destroying Apprentice with regular weapons that were breaking left, right and centre, and only lost cause she didn’t want to hurt other arks. So Matoi in Ep4 should be stronger than that fight against Apprentice, Casue Clarissa III is Stil way stronger than regular weapons, even if it is possibly considerably weaker than the original. But for whatever reason they’ve never shown her anywhere near that strength in battle again, despite numerous references to how strong she is.

Zig only fixes it, he doesn't create another one. Xion doesn't involve herself outside of her own interests because we wouldn't have a story.

Luther only captured a very tiny portion of Xion that was keeping the souls of Photoners alive.

@Lemon-Sama said in Matoi vs Phaleg: who would win?:

Zig only fixes it, he doesn't create another one. Xion doesn't involve herself outside of her own interests because we wouldn't have a story.

I pro missed that bit, but that being the case, then Clarissa III, would be similar in power to the original then, or at least reasonable close, being basically the same weap. Which kinda proves Matoi should be more powerful that what she is in ep4, even if you believe the bulk of her power comes from her weap.

Oh hey it is that fight everyone is complaining is too hard and impossible to S rank! Defeated by..... walking in circles? The greatest of all dark souls strats.

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed

I’ve never played dark souls, so I’m not sure if this is meant as compliment, or you’re trying to say I cheaped it I’m some way, I’ve guessing it’s the later. It may not look like it, but their’s actually a lot of timing involved, and if you get it wrong you die real quick.

@TEN-SQUARE-3 said in Matoi vs Phaleg: who would win?:

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed

I’ve never played dark souls, so I’m not sure if this is meant as compliment, or you’re trying to say I cheaped it I’m some way, I’ve guessing it’s the later. It may not look like it, but their’s actually a lot of timing involved, and if you get it wrong you die real quick.

Not saying you cheaped it in anyway, just stating the fight looks no where near as difficult as people are making it out to be. I had to look up some other videos to make sure I wasn't misinterpreting anything.