RMT spambots seem to have a new workflow now?

I'm waiting for the concert before I run bonus keys, and if I haven't lost track of the time, I've seen the same vendor using 3 different bot accounts to spam within the last 2 hours. Each time the bot stays for 10 seconds or so and leaves. The URLs are the same so it's obviously the same vendor.

If they now have an automated workflow to create new accounts and never use the same account more than one run through the blocks, then we have a serious problem.

It certainly looks like spambots is going to be the defining characteristic of PSO2 Global. 😞

They're only here because we have people buying meseta.

No demand, no supply.

Yeah, i hate these spammer bots, but you cant blame them.... Prices in the player shop are stupidly high, so people start buying meseta to get the precious dancing pole emote for 70million meseta (just ONE example)

So there are many things wrong, with the bots just being a small part of it.

No demand, no supply, absolutely right. The problem starts with whales or people who exploited the xbox ultimate for 1dollar thing, goes on to people who actually buy that stuff from the player shop for waaaaay to much, to people that dont actually farm that kind of ingame money and go to a rmt.

@Scerms77 said in RMT spambots seem to have a new workflow now?:

Yeah, i hate these spammer bots, but you cant blame them.... Prices in the player shop are stupidly high, so people start buying meseta to get the precious dancing pole emote for 70million meseta (just ONE example)

So there are many things wrong, with the bots just being a small part of it.

No demand, no supply, absolutely right. The problem starts with whales or people who exploited the xbox ultimate for 1dollar thing, goes on to people who actually buy that stuff from the player shop for waaaaay to much, to people that dont actually farm that kind of ingame money and go to a rmt.

It's no way justifiable to enforce RMT.

Prices in player shop are perfectly balanced, only lazy people are poor.

T. Someone with half a billion completely free + 2 billions with AC stuff.

The problem is not the whales, the problem is the people buying meseta instead of working for it legally.

Why don't they just buy Meseta the legal way through Sega's lootboxes?

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed said in RMT spambots seem to have a new workflow now?:

Why don't they just buy Meseta the legal way through Sega's lootboxes?

Because they're stupid.

Also, if they'd gain meseta through scratches, the scratch price would also drop, as the supply would get higher.

If prices are high, it's because of people buying meseta from bots, only consuming the AC scratch and providing no supply to it 🙂

They just need to abuse artificial scarcity like Sega does. Buy a bunch of one scratch, hold onto it for a while, profit.

Though I suppose that doesn't equal now money..... Eh I'm sure it is fine. Sega is banning 1000+ peeps a week. How many of those are bots versus actual players we will never know but supposedly they are doing something.

They should start shamedropping publicly RMT players with alliance name and steamtag included.

@Shirokami07 No, that would look bad for a professional company, as that's petty as hell. It would also go outside their reach of power, as it would cause harassment. Harassment that would rightfully lead to a lawsuit.

Maybe not the guild/alliance name but maybe account/character name I have seen.

I've definitely seen some other MMOs take that approach but not really sure how the harassment would come into play considering that person is now banned.

https://www.sea.playblackdesert.com/News/Notice/Detail?boardNo=276&boardType=1

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed To me, it looked like he wanted SEGA to include naming their Steam tag. Their Steam username. Think about how that would allow players to harass someone outside of the game.

To be fair, other games do that as well. Rainbow 6 Siege for example, when you play it shows your Uplay account.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/9bz0cu/boosted_by_cheater_ban_wave_september_1th_enemy/?ref=share&ref_source=link

It would be more so on the person reaching out to harass someone versus the company, the company isn't telling them to go harass this person for cheating. It is just letting the community know "Hey, we banned this specific person." so they are fully aware someone was actually banned versus "We banned this number of accounts" which we just have to take at face value.

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed Right, several games do, but PSO2 as it stands now, is practically anonymous, and it's one thing for the game to auto share, but something entirely different, when we take into account the context of SEGA, directly name shame/sharing the names to the public. Are you getting what I'm saying yet? It would lead to the player having legal rights to sue SEGA, as it would lead to larger swarms of harassment.

@Anarchy-Marine said in RMT spambots seem to have a new workflow now?:

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed Right, several games do, but PSO2 as it stands now, is practically anonymous, and it's one thing for the game to auto share, but something entirely different, when we take into account the context of SEGA, directly name shame/sharing the names to the public. Are you getting what I'm saying yet? It would lead to the player having legal rights to sue SEGA, as it would lead to larger swarms of harassment.

I believe so, do the other companies not have to worry about anyone suing them specifically?

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed No, because they aren't directly naming people in ban waves. It's a legality regarding ones rights to privacy, regardless of a ToS breach, or a User agreement breach. Any digitally signed contract, is between you and the service provider. They reserve the rights to cancel that service, at any time, for any reason, just like a stores rights to refuse public service, only in this case, the online services, can and will use their signed agreement to fall back on, as a reason for the termination of service, as it is a legally binding contract. As such, it's legally binding both ways, as corporations, by law, can't publicly slander, or shame any player, banned from it's service, that's why they are vague when talking about offenders whom are in breach of said contract.