This game isn't all that fun

@Furious said in This game isn't all that fun:

@LordCloudStrife said in This game isn't all that fun:

3 weeks for 200m, rofl. In JP i do that in a few hours. But the point here for plebs that doesn't waste with AC stuff and sell it ever, don't have 20 characters for dailies/weeklies.

Congratulations, JP isn't Global. I know that's a hard concept, but try and wrap your head around it for the sake of the new people.

It also helps the "plebs" if they can understand whatever it is you're trying to say. I'll assume English isn't your first language, because I have no idea what that second sentence meant.

Basically saying that there's people who don't waste their time with AC, and spamming dailies/weeklies across 20 characters to save/make millions of gil, since you can't do that all one character because of the lockouts and stuff.

@Star-Platinum said in This game isn't all that fun:

1. Content is heavily time gated. 2. Everything is on random hours of the day and has no real pattern. You basically have to nolife to get a chance at anything endgame related. It doesn't help that if you somehow miraculously get nothing during the initial 2 week release of an urgent quest, now you literally have to be online all day everyday to get a chance of seeing that quest again. 3. You're not even allowed to farm them like ultimate quests. You can't even trade for them.

2. Idk why people hyped the crap out of this. Was it the weeb anime waifus?

1. No it is not? I can spam anything I want as many times as I want. Urgent Quests are like Fates (FFXIV), World Events and World Bosses (GW2), Rifts (Rift), and so on in many other titles. They are a side event, not the main event.

2. As mentioned already, there's a schedule you can find on the main site. You can also join some of the PSO2 discords and most of them have a bot that announces everything 30 minutes before they start.

Also Urgent Quests are NOT end game. The current end game is to spam Ultimate mode to farm top tier weapons. Triggers are also present to force an Urgen Quest to start for yourself and your party. Urgent Quests are more like brief side ventures to change the pace.

3- Because they are not the focus and are side ventures.

4- This game is a looter before it is anything else, and it has one of the best character creations and cosmetic options. You can't come into every game expecting to be like all those other games you played. So if you don't like a hack and slash combat style with a 3d anime art style in an instance-based looter you really shouldn't be playing and shouldn't be complaining.

The primary reason to play this game is to get items. Cosmetics, cool weapons, etc. You don't do hard content to get tokens for an endless gear treadmill. You get new gear (mostly from drops) so you can then get more gear (from drops) to sell or give to alts so you can make more money (with the addition of dailies and weeklies yielding nice chunks of money), which you then turn around and spend on cosmetics in the auction house.

That's the game. Love it or leave it.

On JP you don't need to do more dailies/weeklies. EQ and permanent quests already drop a plenty of excubes high enough for you make money with only 1 character in a few minutes.

@LordCloudStrife How is this relevant though? This is the forum for the Global version. It won't really help anyone playing in NA what JP does.

@Ciel said in This game isn't all that fun:

@LordCloudStrife How is this relevant though? This is the forum for the Global version. It won't really help anyone playing in NA what JP does.

Sorry, i should have quoted valinda, that's not for you. But what i am saying even for a newbie starting today, JP is 10x time more easy to make meseta in 1 day with only 1 character and no cash to spend on scratchs, than 3 weeks playing on this chaotic economy from NA.

That's the game. Love it or leave it.

OR acknowledge that the game has lackluster endgame content, has for years and maybe fix that core issue?

Spamming the same ultimate all day is hardly fun end game content. Variety is what this game desperately needed for years to fix it's dwindling player base.

UQs are not the end game, at the moment. Later down the road we will definitely need them for specific crafting items for high tier weapons. The players just need to respect Sega's time and work around Sega's schedule.

The primary reason to play this game is to get items.

No doubt that the items play an important role though for many who roamed Pioneer 2/Ragol for hours or however long it was the atmosphere, the music, and the story. This takes somewhat of a backseat role in PSO2 I feel.

glares at New Genesis

come one, come all! one shift, two shift, three shift, four, will the game lore possibly bore?

round and round, row by row, where the New Genesis goes, ..nobody knows!

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed said in This game isn't all that fun:

UQs are not the end game, at the moment. Later down the road we will definitely need them for specific crafting items for high tier weapons. The players just need to respect Sega's time and work around Sega's schedule.

That right there is exactly the problem. If players don't express their feelings about it, it will never change.

it's too late for PSO2 but ideally NGS will have fixed these issues.

Theres more to a game than progressing constantly. It's fun to even just run around expeditions and see what emergency codes and bosses pop up.

If you don't have fun just playing the game, then maybe it's not for you?

Sorry, i should have quoted valinda, that's not for you. But what i am saying even for a newbie starting today, JP is 10x time more easy to make meseta in 1 day with only 1 character and no cash to spend on scratchs, than 3 weeks playing on this chaotic economy from NA.

thats like comparing vanilla wow with retail wow..."hey i make more gold on retail wow vanilla is screwed up" xD

@JuggernautGTX said in This game isn't all that fun:

thats like comparing vanilla wow with retail wow..."hey i make more gold on retail wow vanilla is screwed up" xD

I would agree with you if the scaling of the costs was different just like with vanilla and retail wow but it isn't here. I have heard people complaining that affixing is more expensive in Global even. Which is absurd

@ViolaCrossfire thats easy to explain...we had 2 months...they had 4 years....ofc their market is filled with affixes while ours is not (yet)

@SleeprunnerInc said in This game isn't all that fun:

@ToF-Wolfenstein Here's the thing, you aren't timegated at all unless you specifically want to do the quest for just doing the quest.

The rewards you get are distributed evenly across different content so you cannot get locked outta items permanently in any way shape or form.

People already told ya you can get the same stuff from the UQ from Expeditions, just with a worse drop rate possibly since it's pooled in with the other stuff.

All in all, you aren't locked behind any paywalls.

That's just simply stupidity on your part for thinking that.

So you want to tell me we can drop Cliffard/Zeinesis/Astra/etc. gear in expeditions?!

@ToF-Wolfenstein said in This game isn't all that fun:

@SleeprunnerInc said in This game isn't all that fun:

@ToF-Wolfenstein Here's the thing, you aren't timegated at all unless you specifically want to do the quest for just doing the quest.

The rewards you get are distributed evenly across different content so you cannot get locked outta items permanently in any way shape or form.

People already told ya you can get the same stuff from the UQ from Expeditions, just with a worse drop rate possibly since it's pooled in with the other stuff.

All in all, you aren't locked behind any paywalls.

That's just simply stupidity on your part for thinking that.

So you want to tell me we can drop Cliffard/Zeinesis/Astra/etc. gear in expeditions?!

Wait were you expecting astra to drop at all? BWAHAHAHAHA