This game isn't all that fun

@Star-Platinum said in This game isn't all that fun:

Idk why people hyped the crap out of this.

'Member PSO? I Member.

@LordCloudStrife said in This game isn't all that fun:

The real problem is the economy, its already beyond JP tier on endgame, but, it 10x more time hard to make meseta than JP. They keep throwing those updates in a fast paced, just with excuse to reach JP in the most fast way possible. Every week they throw a new scratch, only whales can keep this rythm, while the plebs have to suffer farming meseta with dailies/weekly or trying the luck on ultimates to drop nemesis/slave and hope it sells on shop. Its already on a chaotic state.

I got half a billion completely free tho.

Meseta really isn't hard to make on here. I started playing 3 weeks ago and have made a total of 200M so far... and I'm not even no lifting lol.

@n_n said in This game isn't all that fun:

Meseta really isn't hard to make on here. I started playing 3 weeks ago and have made a total of 200M so far... and I'm not even no lifting lol.

Gettin swole on that meseta, brah?

I've always thought online games that make combat its main content should simply not have a free market. You always end up with people who play the market and jack up the prices for everybody else, making "money making" a significant activity that takes you away from the fun.

But sadly for me, most online game developer have this fixation that they must have a economy. They must have a free market.

Back on the topic, though, I don't see how the original post is different from a simple "I don't like this game". Whether this game is fun or not, is completely subjective. If you don't find it fun, then that's just that. Fun is subjective. No need to try persuade yourself that other people also don't find it fun but just play it for the waifu value. You should come to terms with your own feelings and accept that not everybody find the same games fun.

I don't like racing, but I don't have to persuade myself that other people must just be hyping up racing because of the scantily clad racetrack girls.

I don't like beer, but I don't have to persuade myself that other people must be drinking beer just because they are afraid of being different.

Be confident about what you find fun and unfun. And accept that everybody have differnet ideas of fun.

@Furious

Lmfao, phone autocorrect strikes again.

@n_n said in This game isn't all that fun:

I know I'm doing something wrong lmao, I only made 2.2mil mesata. Probably 1mil came from selling trash loot to the venders, and the other mil from all the meseta I pick up off the ground + quest rewards and what not. I don't get involved with the markets in any game, I just save save save save lol. In real life I don't like to be broke, and in online games I still don't like to be broke.

3 weeks for 200m, rofl. In JP i do that in a few hours. But the point here for plebs that doesn't waste with AC stuff and sell it ever, don't have 20 characters for dailies/weeklies.

3 weeks for 200m, rofl. In JP i do that in a few hours.

few hours for 200m rofl....in germany i do that in a couple minutes

in case you didn read...he mentioned that he newly started the game 3 weeks ago

@SleeprunnerInc said in This game isn't all that fun:

You have a schedule for when specific Urgent quests and concerts happen.

However between all of them there is always a random chance of an UQ happening and not telling what it might be is great.

As for the endgame items, that's normal in MMORPG's, nothing we can really do about it.

You can always buy a ton of the endgame items from playershops and Yerkes gives out 1 mil for free a week thanks to weekly mission.

PSO2 was hyped because it was ahead of it's time 8 years ago, people were waiting for it a long time and the Japanese server has more stuff to do, but the global version got censored and ''reset'' in time.

Have you ever played a mmo? Usually people are able to work/play/grind for their stuff.... On top of that PSO2 wants to sell you those timegated quests for about 8$/€ each.

Locking 90% of the content to events/UQ's kinda sucks.

3 weeks for 200m, rofl. In JP i do that in a few hours. But the point here for plebs that doesn't waste with AC stuff and sell it ever, don't have 20 characters for dailies/weeklies.

Congratulations, JP isn't Global. I know that's a hard concept, but try and wrap your head around it for the sake of the new people.

It also helps the "plebs" if they can understand whatever it is you're trying to say. I'll assume English isn't your first language, because I have no idea what that second sentence meant.

@Furious said in This game isn't all that fun:

Congratulations, JP isn't Global.

Yeah, its worse.

@JuggernautGTX said in This game isn't all that fun:

3 weeks for 200m, rofl. In JP i do that in a few hours.

few hours for 200m rofl....in germany i do that in a couple minutes

in case you didn read...he mentioned that he newly started the game 3 weeks ago

If i had resources in advance, don't take 5 minutes for it.

It was hyped because Phantasy Star is a beloved series and people have waited 8 years for the game to go global, so it's a big deal to many.

Personally I enjoy the game a lot, but I also appreciate it for what it is. I'm able to adapt. I think those that express the most discontent tend to be those that want it to be like other MMOs they've played, but it's just not how this works, especially with how fast we're going.

I haven't felt the need to no-life the game at all. PSO2 is pretty lax about it. It's not like other MMOs where if you don't farm daily for the new drop or to max your gear, you might as well stop playing because it becomes too impossible to catch up without swiping.

The UQ / EQ system and core gameplay loop in general is what bogs PSO2 down for me. I've made this argument before.

The core gameplay loop of PSO2 devolves to "afk in lobby until next Urgent". This is a fact on both JP and Global. JP has been a bit better with it lately, offering limited quests and better ultimate quest and divides, but it was bad for a long, long time.

The point of a game should be to hop in and play content you want to play at your convenience. The only time someone is able to play could be a time where no Urgent is will happen.

I'd prefer if NGS was grind what you want, when you want. I should be able to choose the content I wish to peruse, not wait around for a singular chance for it every few hours.,

@ToF-Wolfenstein Here's the thing, you aren't timegated at all unless you specifically want to do the quest for just doing the quest.

The rewards you get are distributed evenly across different content so you cannot get locked outta items permanently in any way shape or form.

People already told ya you can get the same stuff from the UQ from Expeditions, just with a worse drop rate possibly since it's pooled in with the other stuff.

All in all, you aren't locked behind any paywalls.

That's just simply stupidity on your part for thinking that.