This game isn't all that fun

Content is heavily time gated. Everything is on random hours of the day and has no real pattern. You basically have to nolife to get a chance at anything endgame related. It doesn't help that if you somehow miraculously get nothing during the initial 2 week release of an urgent quest, now you literally have to be online all day everyday to get a chance of seeing that quest again. You're not even allowed to farm them like ultimate quests. You can't even trade for them.

Idk why people hyped the crap out of this. Was it the weeb anime waifus?

You have a schedule for when specific Urgent quests and concerts happen.

However between all of them there is always a random chance of an UQ happening and not telling what it might be is great.

As for the endgame items, that's normal in MMORPG's, nothing we can really do about it.

You can always buy a ton of the endgame items from playershops and Yerkes gives out 1 mil for free a week thanks to weekly mission.

PSO2 was hyped because it was ahead of it's time 8 years ago, people were waiting for it a long time and the Japanese server has more stuff to do, but the global version got censored and ''reset'' in time.

I don't like UQ idea either. but then the loot in them is trash.

Unless you have an ex-cube obsession there isn't much use to farming most of the UQ's. You can try going for certain augments though. The alles-di soul combination is surprisingly strong and can be gotten from all 3 of the new episode 4 UQ's. Alternatively this too can be gotten from the explorations even if that is boring to you.

All in all, you're not missing much by ignoring UQ's.

Personally I like doing solo PD even if I already have a superior nemesis wep.

@ViolaCrossfire said in This game isn't all that fun:

Unless you have an ex-cube obsession there isn't much use to farming most of the UQ's. You can try going for certain augments though. The alles-di soul combination is surprisingly strong and can be gotten from all 3 of the new episode 4 UQ's. Alternatively this too can be gotten from the explorations even if that is boring to you.

All in all, you're not missing much by ignoring UQ's.

Personally I like doing solo PD even if I already have a superior nemesis wep.

I disagree with this statement from Episode 5 onward since some UQs will be useful for unlocking stuff. You will see what I mean if the requirements are kept the same as Japan servers.

Phantasy Star is life.

Stride, the struggle, the trials and tribulation.. Plenty of fun to be had if you wander for long enough. Story/gameplay is usually (was) the main selling point to these games beyond the online interactions. I'm holding some weight to the team to see what they got for everyone this time around with the NG.

I don't wanna get too vocal on what I expect or what I hope to not see as it will probably just backfire and come back to haunt me,

I've been having a bunch of fun building my character up with items and accessories/upgrades well waiting on the next episodes.

I wish the story was a bit more driven and focused on specific varrying plot details within the realm of the setting. It would be cool to see random NPC's mentioning random story lore and events that occur at set or random times at specific locations on the ships/planets, that you either find out about or experience in gameplay. that sort of a generated atmospheric aesthetic id like to see more of.

Seeing the main story extend beyond the main characters interactions a bit more so than it already does would be alright, although I find it's still interesting. Just depends on your idea of fun in an MMO. Lobby dwelling between missions/concerts never gets old for some.

@Star-Platinum Well the game was dev a mindset of 2010 and we are on 2020. At this point if SEGA is working on PSO-3. I will not be surprised.

The sins of pso-2 in my opinion are

• The game should be released an international version on 2015 with cross play between XBOX-PS4-PC then switch.

• The looby should be a big area similar to FFXIV/WoW cities without "51-channels/loobies" cuz that split the playerbase way too much.

• A party-finder/duty finder should be added for "End-game content" with 3 dps + 1 Healer.

Also the hype came mostly from PSO-1/PSU fans. Young people is on falloff guys, fornite, CoD, monster hunter world, ffxiv LOL

@CrAZYVIC said in This game isn't all that fun:

@Star-Platinum Well the game was dev a mindset of 2010 and we are on 2020. At this point if SEGA is working on PSO-3. I will not be surprised.

The sins of pso-2 in my opinion are

• The game should be released an international version on 2015 with cross play between XBOX-PS4-PC then switch.

• The looby should be a big area similar to FFXIV/WoW cities without "51-channels/loobies" cuz that split the playerbase way too much.

• A party-finder/duty finder should be added for "End-game content" with 3 dps + 1 Healer.

Also the hype came mostly from PSO-1/PSU fans. Young people is on falloff guys, fornite, CoD, monster hunter world, ffxiv LOL

Not exactly PSO2 is my first PS game and it made me play Nova and even PSO1 on the private servers which I have had a ton of fun with all games I played in the series so far. The international release wouldn't work out at that time since Microsoft was against cross play at that point and doubt Sony would have wanted to cross play with anything more than a PC while the big area wouldn't work either since PSO2 is designed in a unique way in which such an idea won't work out (Maybe in NGS it will). Lastly you really don't need such composition and you will find out why in Episode 5 and 6 why I say such an idea (Hint: It is to do with the scion classes).

The real problem is the economy, its already beyond JP tier on endgame, but, it 10x more time hard to make meseta than JP. They keep throwing those updates in a fast paced, just with excuse to reach JP in the most fast way possible. Every week they throw a new scratch, only whales can keep this rythm, while the plebs have to suffer farming meseta with dailies/weekly or trying the luck on ultimates to drop nemesis/slave and hope it sells on shop. Its already on a chaotic state.

@LordCloudStrife said in This game isn't all that fun:

The real problem is the economy, its already beyond JP tier on endgame, but, it 10x more time hard to make meseta than JP. They keep throwing those updates in a fast paced, just with excuse to reach JP in the most fast way possible. Every week they throw a new scratch, only whales can keep this rythm, while the plebs have to suffer farming meseta with dailies/weekly or trying the luck on ultimates to drop nemesis/slave and hope it sells on shop.

I agree with this and I feel SEGA should have taken some special measures to address this for example up to 5 slots affix on a unit in JP is easy and cheap while in Global anything past 3 is 1 million per unit as another example of the current economy.

Agreed on the urgent quest system, I'm sure it works well for neets but people who have actual jobs and commitments may miss out. Seems like it would just be easier to set it up in a way where people can do these quests at their own time.

"Was it the weeb anime waifus?" Probably, at least this is what one might think if you see all the people AFKing in the lobbies.

@LordCloudStrife said in This game isn't all that fun:

The real problem is the economy, its already beyond JP tier on endgame, but, it 10x more time hard to make meseta than JP. They keep throwing those updates in a fast paced, just with excuse to reach JP in the most fast way possible. Every week they throw a new scratch, only whales can keep this rythm, while the plebs have to suffer farming meseta with dailies/weekly or trying the luck on ultimates to drop nemesis/slave and hope it sells on shop. Its already on a chaotic state.

Ok then maybe we need to make it easier on ourselves by lowering our prices.

Ok then maybe we need to make it easier on ourselves by lowering our prices.

Meseta has as much value as we can acquire with it. If an item is worth the same as a tier 5 slot, then it will have the price of a tier 5 slot. If tier 5 slots are more expensive then the item is more expensive.

@CrAZYVIC said in This game isn't all that fun:

PSO2 is actually far more popular and successful than PSO ever was.

There's a reason NGS is PSO2: NGS and not just PSO3.

The brand isn't PSO. The brand is specifically PSO2.

@Star-Platinum said in This game isn't all that fun:

Content is heavily time gated. Everything is on random hours of the day and has no real pattern. You basically have to nolife to get a chance at anything endgame related. It doesn't help that if you somehow miraculously get nothing during the initial 2 week release of an urgent quest, now you literally have to be online all day everyday to get a chance of seeing that quest again. You're not even allowed to farm them like ultimate quests. You can't even trade for them.

Idk why people hyped the crap out of this. Was it the weeb anime waifus?

Time gating, known in every MMO ever, because if you don't put artificial gates on things then people will blow through content faster than it can be made and then drop the game.

Nolife for endgame stuff, known in every MMO ever, except usually restricted to the hours of 6PM and 1AM and known as raids. Huge time sinks of time spent playing the game for endgame stuff.

Urgent quest timing does stink, and everything of value dropping from them definitely hurts. Just have to get together with your alliance and plan on lots of people buying triggers when they pop in fresh finds. Then you can do the UQ enough times to make you sick. From what I understand, Episode 5 has more free-roam farming content that was popular in JP, so there is that to look forward to.

Also, some of us waited eight years for this. THAT is why it was hyped.

Approach it with a different perspective:

It's Anime Diablo. If you don't like games like Diablo, you're playing the wrong game.