So I heard S rank Phaleg was impossible?

How so?

I was also told it's a "summoner title"

It's not impossible, it is just difficult if you haven't taken the time to learn and practice skills like dodging and reading enemy tells, and you need to deal ~3 million damage twice (once in each phase) in under three minutes with a heavy HP recovery nerf and no scape- or half-dolls.

Basically, if you are used to face-tanking stuff, and/or have low DPS, you will have a hard time getting that S-Rank.

@AndrlCh said in So I heard S rank Phaleg was impossible?:

It's not impossible, it is just difficult if you haven't taken the time to learn and practice skills like dodging and reading enemy tells, and you need to deal ~3 million damage twice (once in each phase) in under three minutes with a heavy HP recovery nerf and no scape- or half-dolls.

Basically, if you are used to face-tanking stuff, and/or have low DPS, you will have a hard time getting that S-Rank.

Just got it with katana braver, so many parries make it fast

@Shirokami07 Which means you had learned how to properly time Perfect Guards, which, unfortunately, is not the case for a lot of people who use classes that can.

It's not impossible if you got it. 🙂 Also it's not a Summoner title either. It's only easy on a specific pet build where you just block attacks and Maron bomb... This build is pretty low consistent damage and not recommended anymore.

Classes that don't have counters will have a harder time with iframes only (some unfortunately having shorter ones than others).

I tried with knuckles, I can't S-Rank it with them tho

No it isn't. I am JP player with 6 years playing this game, at time i ranked S with Bo/Hu

Am I really fighting at "full power" if my healing is massively nerfed?

It's basically like saying "you have all of these tools that you have been using as this class, but... nope!"

I didn't realize I would be forced into not playing like a Techter to beat it as a Techter.

@LordCloudStrife said in So I heard S rank Phaleg was impossible?:

No it isn't. I am JP player with 6 years playing this game, at time i ranked S with Bo/Hu

But when the battle released in JP Phaleg had like 350k HP per phase. Now it's what? Around 3mil per phase?

I don't know where ppl got those misinformation numbers(youtuber maybe?), 350k is too low, its 3 kestrel Rampage dmg from Dual Blades PA at time. Real numbers from the past pass millions already

I don't know where ppl got those misinformation numbers(youtuber maybe?), 350k is too low, its 3 kestrel Rampage dmg from Dual Blades PA at time. Real numbers from the past pass millions already

There's a video of a Hero using the kunai potential solely dealing 20k damage almost S ranking Phaleg. Meanwhile my counters were between 70-100k and parried every single attack she did, and Sakura Zero 60k yet it took me the same time than that hero hitting 20k much slower.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=licSKiVTb3g

I just counted, first phase has around 756k HP. It's nowhere close to that now. That's 7 parries from my Katana, or 10 Sakura Zero.

From when it first came out and JP didn't have Nemesis / Raven grade weapons, probably. NA got hard powercreeped, partly because of the accelerated schedule, and so Phaleg was buffed accordingly. Otherwise we'd be hitting her ten or less times and winning.

Either way, I dislike the fight.

@Furious said in So I heard S rank Phaleg was impossible?:

From when it first came out and JP didn't have Nemesis / Raven grade weapons, probably. NA got hard powercreeped, partly because of the accelerated schedule, and so Phaleg was buffed accordingly. Otherwise we'd be hitting her ten or less times and winning.

Either way, I dislike the fight.

Obviously she has way too much HP. I can understand people's frustration.