-_- all this stuff for playing PvP yet Challenge Mode is ignored.

@Reilet said in -_- all this stuff for playing PvP yet Challenge Mode is ignored.:

4 times 30 is 120.

Whoops, I didn't go back and edit that post too. Thanks for catching that, I've updated it now. Back to the point, let's go back to the assertion I was first replying to:

@Matt said in -_- all this stuff for playing PvP yet Challenge Mode is ignored.:

You can get 200SG/week pretty easily

Clearly 4 times 30 is not 200. 200 requires 4 times 50, which means a top 10 finish and that means being one of the three best parties on all four leaderboards. So... pretty easily? Absolutely not lol.

The two ship leaderboards are simple enough to get 60 SG a week. The universal ones perhaps a bit tricky. But let's stick with 3 hours for four runs if you're lucky enough to not need to wait for parties to form, and suppose that gives 120 SG for the week.

In that time you could get some 25-30 battle arena games in, which is more than enough to recover from the monthly drop from Legend to S1 (or if you're below that, rise up the rankings which gives even more SG in promotion bonuses) and get at least 50 of the 100 SG available from the BC exchange every week on top.

To suggest challenge mode gives more SG or that it gives it faster or more easily than battle arena is frankly daft. Unless the Miles Master exchange starts offering weekly SG using challenge miles, there's no contest.

And you might think there's no contest anyway because people can do both. But not everyone can. For those of us with only a few hours each week to spare between campaigns, events, missions and non-PSO2 activities (that dreaded life thing) we may only have 3 hours to play for SG. Or we may simply only be willing to spare that much time every week so we don't get bored. Either way, as things stand challenge mode often isn't getting considered because it's unrewarding.

@Miraglyth said in -_- all this stuff for playing PvP yet Challenge Mode is ignored.:

Clearly 4 times 30 is not 200. 200 requires 4 times 50, which means a top 10 finish and that means being one of the three best parties on all four leaderboards. So... pretty easily? Absolutely not lol.

Not quite, Challenge Rankings are a lot more fair where multiple players with the same score do not take up extra spaces (it should be like this for regular rankings, honestly). With the fact that getting a relatively decent score is not actually difficult (like, all you need to do is play with the good weapons and not have to go back, no real strategies needed) and people just... don't play Challenge, top 10 is pretty easy.

Challenge also gives really nice meseta, I am making multiple millions a day selling Saika Revolsios, on top of the SG. It's slowed down a bit now, but it was extremely lucrative on Challenge release and Steam release, as Revolsios flew off the shelves.

I am also a wage slave who works full time, and I personally don't find Challenge to be heavy investment at all.

@Matt said in -_- all this stuff for playing PvP yet Challenge Mode is ignored.:

top 10 is pretty easy.

The last I saw, number 1 was 5353 points and number 10 was 5253. getting 98% the score of 1st place is never "pretty easy".

And I've presented the numbers before. Unless there's some super magical way to complete Strike in 20 minutes that people have found since the last time I looked, you still haven't explained why you think challenge mode was "much more than holding a minimum Legend rank in Battle Arena" when doing so is easily faster than running Strike twice and Decision twice per week.