Altoholics, I need your opinions!

How are you finding it with alts for weekly meseta? And I mean people with 5+ alts. Do you find that it takes too much time every day to manage? Has it been as fruitful a venture as you expected? Is there anything that you're disappointed about?

I'm thinking of getting more alts (currently have 2 from the free slots) because:

1. Characters carry over to NGS, so it's not "wasted" AC.
  2. It's really only 2-3 days worth of dailies to finish the weeklies, even less if some of the dailies match up together well.
  3. Having 20 alts doesn't mean one has to finish all of them all the time.
  4. Premium, Material Storage, Extended Storage, etc. are all accessible by all alts.

If you are regretting having so many alts, why?

@kztm said in Altoholics, I need your opinions!:

How are you finding it with alts for weekly meseta? And I mean people with 5+ alts. Do you find that it takes too much time every day to manage? Has it been as fruitful a venture as you expected? Is there anything that you're disappointed about?

I'm thinking of getting more alts (currently have 2 from the free slots) because:

1. Characters carry over to NGS, so it's not "wasted" AC.
  2. It's really only 2-3 days worth of dailies to finish the weeklies, even less if some of the dailies match up together well.
  3. Having 20 alts doesn't mean one has to finish all of them all the time.
  4. Premium, Material Storage, Extended Storage, etc. are all accessible by all alts.

If you are regretting having so many alts, why?

Currently I have 12 characters. Top 8 are 60+ just for Suppress Bar Lodos with one 80/80. I've been farming the Yertes weeklies and getting a large amount. Usually takes about 3 hours to do cause I lag a bit, wait 3 hours and repeat. I use the premium storage for those items, makes it easier to grab and turn in.

Only regret is that all my characters have a their own unique theme. Buy that I mean one characters theme is priest, while another is knight. Fashion is an addiction, lol.

@MagmaBlaze Thanks for sharing!

So Bar Lodos would auto-complete the 1 million weekly, and due to the nature of Floating Facilities, if you take a little detour, you could also get the 100 enemy weekly for another 405k, for a total of 1.655 million.

• Doing 3 days of full dailies + Bar Lodos + Yerkes = 2.85 million + 3 Tokyo Silver + 1 Tokyo Gold; versus
  • Doing just Bar Lodos + Yerkes = 2.255 million

So you basically give up only 600k a week and some keys, plus negligible booster items, but have less than one-third of the hassle.

That sounds like it's much more manageable than doing everything. I'm glad I asked, and really thank you for sharing! I would probably have burnt myself out before thinking more about this.

I'll probably just have all characters looking the same, though. I want all my fashion investments on my main. This way any outfit that goes on my main would also go on all my alts. 😄

I've noticed that sometimes Bar Lodos won't appear during the week, which is why I farm for the weeklies. But if my luck is great I'll make: 30,120,000 (31,680,000)

Yerkes + Meseta weekly: 1,600,000x8 for lv 51+ & 800,000x4 for under lv 51 characters = 16,000,000

Bar Lodos: 250,000 (+130,000 for other Bar Lodos, only had both of them drop once) = 2,000,000 (+1,560,000)

10 daily order: 605,000x12 = 7,260,000

Enemy Extermination: 405,000x12 = 4,860,000

And when I have all 20 characters at lv 51+ the total will be: 57,200,000 (59,800,000)

5,000,000 (2,600,000)

So having more characters is definitely worth it. And this, of course, does not include everything I sell in shop.

So many numbers! But I like all those zeros.

I looked up the JP wiki and it seems to generally appear on a 6 day rotation. I wonder if NGS will still allow us to benefit from alts like this.

I have 20 characters, I only consider 10 to be alts since they're the only ones leveled right now to 50 (for keys/meseta weekly) but in time I'll be leveling more to 50 as I see fit.

I've been hitting them almost daily in preparations for episode 5 so I have enough keys to go straight to 90/90 fo/te and get hero leveled to 90, and I'll do their weeklies to the point of getting gold keys every week. It's about an hour process per day to go through them all and do the bare minimum. Just by doing the bare minimum on them it's netting me roughly 20 mill more a week and tons of keys.

Sometimes I feel a bit of regret just because I know I could be using them much more effectively if I really bothered to no life it, but I just have more fun doing other things.

EDIT: Also, with some new scratches the SG costumes drop down to like 200k so it's also always an easy way to grind out some extra star gems.

@Laep You must be doing it very efficiently. When I'm on my 2 alts, I just couldn't help but "go that extra step" and complete that client order I accepted, or to do gathering on each alt because it seems like such a waste of gathering energy. And I end up spending an hour every day just going through the dailies for my 3 characters.

200k x 20 = 4 million for 10x20=200 SG. I guess with around 20 million a week its quite doable.

Thanks for sharing!

@Laep I'm somewhat similar. I have all my female characters to have their own main class, while my males are just strictly for farming.

And how does everyone go about their farming? For me I dedicate each day to certain farms. Wedn is my ingredient gathering day for the conc salad. Thursdays is Forest, Fri is Floating Continent, Sat is Underground Shafts, Sun is Coast, Mon is Night Province, and Tues is Las Vegas. I do it this way with all my characters.

There was a video on this about this exact subject that dropped today I think from that Ana-guy. Amanama? Anamana? Alabama?

It's his usual drone for way longer than needed, but still covered this topic and how it nets him like 50something million message a week.

Anamana. His videos have helped me greatly. Back to Blac is also a good source of info.

For the complete daily client order mission I always choose one of the polefishing/gathering ones, often times they're tradeable items so I can just quickly buy one off the marketplace for like 1-5k and clear that.

Then I do suppress za'udan, pop a low cost drink and a ration (one of those items partners give to you as gifts), clear za'udan and that's all 5 daily missions done. I'll run to yerkes and turn in all those real quick, then swap alts. Once you have the hang of it it's pretty fast.

Completely forgot about polefishing. Yea, an extra 100k is nice. Just wish I could do that everyday.

Ah yes. The polefishing ones. Sometimes it's "at least one" but those are almost always plenty if you've been gathering and not selling stuff. That's actually a very good idea to improve the efficiency.

And thank on the headsup. I'll check out Anamans's video while my character enjoys the concert right now. :3

I read the title completely wrong.

"Alcoholics, I need your opinions" XD....