Would we have gotten an announcement by now if Episode 5 was delayed?

Just wondering since the release window is most likely September 30th with the current events going on and that being the end of the Q3 which was E5's release window on the roadmap... Plus, they even updated the roadmap page to show when Ep4 would release and nothing is contradicted yet... So, is it a good bet to say that by the end of September Episode 5's release is coming out or would we get a last minute announcement stating the delay?

They usually update us on big changes like that, so I don't see why they wouldn't.

I'd say big changes like that in the past have only really been announced a few days in advance, or sometimes after the fact (see the official launch on Xbox One).

But we've been getting the Episode 4 content at enough of a pace to make it seem like we're on track for the 30th, which some of us were predicting before Episode 4 itself launched.

Agreed. The story's done for episode 4. Episode 5 is on track for Q3 release.

Someone on the fleet discord said there's still two more UQs that haven't been scheduled yet that were released on ep 4, mining base VR and something else, so it could push towards the end of the month. But I'm hoping they just release it sooner in the month

It looks very likely to be the 30th. These next 2 weeks are more a chance for everyone to get through the last bit of episode 4. The 2 after are probably to fill any missing parts out, give us a little bit of extra catch up as a whole before throwing us episode 5. It was a couple of weeks before episode 4 we got the sg scratch as well for 1-3.

Hopefully there is some degree of forgiveness from PSU days and we don't wait 2 years for an update lol.

Why is this being asked when Deus isn't even live yet?

@Valinda said in Would we have gotten an announcement by now if Episode 5 was delayed?:

Hopefully there is some degree of forgiveness from PSU days and we don't wait 2 years for an update lol.

We are already guaranteed to have up to Part 1 of Episode 6 by the end of 2020.

@Laep I am assuming enhanced Yamato will be that second UQ, and considering that they took a week to feature the solo and enhanced PD, I do not doubt they will do the same for enhanced Yamato.

@Mattwo7 said in Would we have gotten an announcement by now if Episode 5 was delayed?:

Why is this being asked when Deus isn't even live yet?

Deus is live next week, there's still a whole half of a month left for them to do Yamato Rematch when schedule for 2nd part of september is out?

@Kurumi-Tokisaki They'll probably just have it as part of Episode 5's first week or something. Wasn't Apprentice on the first week of episode 4?

@Mattwo7 said in Would we have gotten an announcement by now if Episode 5 was delayed?:

Wasn't Apprentice on the first week of episode 4?

What? No. Apprentice as a UQ (MB4) appeared on 22 July, a couple weeks before Episode 4. It was, as per its story chronology, the last part of Episode 3.

Was the Yamato rematch even tied to the story though? Pretty sure the PD one isn't.

Don't know f it is an indication of anything, but Steam has 3 EP. 5 achievements (Salvation at Hand, Memories of Xion and Turned into a Principled Paragon) listed since either today or yesterday.