If they lift the censorship and height restriction I will quit the game!

@Akakomuma

PSO/PSU one does not share an identical aesthetic to its counterpart PSO2.

@Redex said in If they lift the censorship and height restriction I will quit the game!:

@Akakomuma

PSO/PSU one does not share an identical aesthetic to its counterpart PSO2.

PSU is more realistic in the human faces compared to PSO2 so... lol PSO2 is more anime looking.

Omg 😳! The way this height restriction thing is going.......we going to have Super flea size character running around.

@RainGnyu Hey, Ant man as a comic book character is awesome.

Edit: although I doubt they'd ever let us fly around on Jet Boots as an ant man seized character.

@RainGnyu said in If they lift the censorship and height restriction I will quit the game!:

Omg 😳! The way this height restriction thing is going.......we going to have Super flea size character running around.

And this is the beauty of Phantasy Star character creators. Having ridiculous options leads to many ways to have fun and diversify.

@Akakomuma

I can't speak on behalf of PSU I kicked that one down the death pit in the NGS thread when they came for our Mags.

I am a Phantasy Star Online man first and foremost when it comes to this series.. and I re-call the original installment being very fun, highly rated and acclaimed, and with minimal next to no additional customization options or excessive accessories.. I'm not saying these accessories don't have a place in PSO2. I am just saying they have no place with someone attempting to publicly portray a 10 year old person at waist height crudely.

to quote what I said a couple pages back..

@Redex said in If they lift the censorship and height restriction I will quit the game!:

it's only natural that the changes that were made were done to reflect keeping things inline with being a series that can still be enjoyed by everyone for its audience in NA.

Otherwise the premise of this topic title comes into play for many people.

@Anarchy-Marine said in If they lift the censorship and height restriction I will quit the game!:

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed Good to know we're labeled as degenerates now. I'm so done with this

I specifically said weeb culture is pretty degenerate. Things that most normal people would find cringey or weird or wrong (Episode 4) weebs generally love as it is the norm for their media. Just kind of the reality of it 🤷

Tell me something, Why is no-one complaining about games such as "Scarlet blade" ?

@Redex Right, so because there might be a few weirdos, nobody gets to have dwarves, or some other weird shoebox character. Or cosplay a character from an Anime they like. Sorry, I don't agree with that stance. Best solution is a toggle system later down the road. That way you get your censored game, and we get the game the way it was originally designed to be.

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed You and I must have a very different understanding to the meaning of the word Weeb.

@Anarchy-Marine said in If they lift the censorship and height restriction I will quit the game!:

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed You and I must have a very different meaning of the word Weeb.

If I'm not mistaken, we also had a different understanding of the word Loli as well.

What do you consider a weeb?

What characteristics does someone need to be a loli?

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed My understanding is the same as the definition found online. A weeb is a derisive term for a non-Japanese person who is so obsessed with Japanese culture that they wish they were actually Japanese. If I actually understood the Japanese language as much as I do English, given the crazy state that the U.S. has been in the past year alone, I'd move to Japan, and seek citizenship.

Edit: I'm also not financially capable of attaining this goal at current, so that is another factor. I'm not obsessed with the culture, but I love the culture. It's the obsessed part that the outside world looking in has deemed it such, and sees the love for the culture as wrong, and that's their judgemental nature being projected here. I used the exact wording, so that nobody could try and say I changed the words.

@Redex Right, so because there might be a few weirdos, nobody gets to have dwarves, or some other weird shoebox character. Or cosplay a character from an Anime they like. Sorry, I don't agree with that stance. Best solution is a toggle system later down the road. That way you get your censored game, and we get the game the way it was originally designed to be.

To this day I wouldn't mind speaking to PSO2's original development team, I can fathom for myself the reasons that were taken for the games direction although I don't think it does the original series or its predecessor full justice. I hope to see this corrected in NGs or future PSO titles by means of its all important writing team and overall ability to stay in touch with its roots.

I think making the default setting any height and having a toggle just dilutes the core experience of these games and caters to the alternate crowd that is less interested in action RPG gaming and more in the social aspects, for the right or wrong reasons it still creates an issue for those who don't want to see a beloved series go the route of..

'just another manga lolicon game'

@Redex You assume that I'm only interested in the social aspects because I want a slightly shorter character at 148 cm, under the 150 mark, but thats not the case. I love all aspects of the game. Its just that I've seen the core difference from the JP version, and the global version, and on a personal level, I want the global build, to reflect the current JP build, once both are matched content wise. With both the good, and bad included. For instance, I agree with many, that episode 4 wasn't the best episode out of them all, and yet, it was still apart of the core experience. And I would still want that full experience regardless.

Edit: The exact cm, is in reference to a Star Ocean character by the name of Meracle Chamlotte. Two numbers away doesn't sound like much, but it is when trying to recreate a character. I'm sure others have various reasons to go shorter than that, like that one user that was trying to recreate herself in game. Everyone has their reasons, none are the exact same.

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed My understanding is the same as the definition found online. A weeb is a derisive term for a non-Japanese person who is so obsessed with Japanese culture that they wish they were actually Japanese. If I actually understood the Japanese language as much as I do English, given the crazy state that the U.S. has been in the past year alone, I'd move to Japan, and seek citizenship.

Which definition source are you referencing?

Here is an insert from Wikipedia:

*In the early 2000s, derogatory slang terms were created to demean those who appreciated Japanese popular culture. The term "wapanese" (from "white Japanese", or possibly also "wannabe Japanese") first emerged in 2002 as a derogatory term for a white person who is obsessed with Japanese culture, which includes anime and manga. The term "weeaboo" (later shortened to weeb) came from the webcomic The Perry Bible Fellowship, in which the word had no meaning other than it was something unpleasant. According to an unpublished MA thesis, 4chan quickly picked up the word and applied it in an abusive way in place of the already existing wapanese term.

Kim Morrissy of Crunchyroll wrote that the meaning of the word otaku is hindered by cultural appropriation, and that some westerners believe that it can only refer to a Japanese person, as the concept is not directly translatable and is a quintessentially Japanese phrase.

In a blog post on Anime News Network, Justin Sevakis gives a difference between the two, saying that there is nothing wrong with loving Japanese culture. He points out that a person only becomes a weeaboo when they start to be obnoxious, immature, and ignorant about the culture they love.Matt Jardin from the Alaska Dispatch gave an opinion on the definition saying that weeaboos blindly prefer things from Japan while looking down on anything else despite obvious merit*

You had mentioned that the context matters as well aside from definition.

Capture.PNG

The term is generally a derogatory slang term.

Far as topic goes, I don't think OP is going to have to worry because I don't think Sega is going to put in the time or effort to adjust the censorship back. Even more so any type of toggle. It would be cool and best of both worlds ultimately but I just don't see it happening sadly.

I would like to point out however for those wanting the JP experience, I would definitely start lobbying Sega/Microsoft already about NGS so maybe at the very least global will have the same experience there.