If they lift the censorship and height restriction I will quit the game!

@RainGnyu said in If they lift the censorship and height restriction I will quit the game!:

@Anarchy-Marine said in If they lift the censorship and height restriction I will quit the game!:

@XenoBladeX37645 Also the toggle wouldn't put the burden on the people that want censorship to stay, if said toggle was active by default, as I suggested. That would put the Anti-censorship folks in that "burden" area, but even then it's not that big of deal, as it's no different than switching YouTube to Dark mode at that point.

Bull......forcing an agenda! You guys have a specific agenda of us watching immoral content in an attempt to indoctrinate us.

What the hell are you even talking about? Youre missing the plot dude and it seems your brain is leaking out of your ears. The toggle is LITERALLY an option so that you people dont HAVE to see anything. Is that tracking? If not ill say it again. The toggle means you still dont have to see anything and it lets those who want the uncensored experience to be able to have that. It has jack to do with trying to indoctrinate anyone so take that bs somewhere else. Your little meltdown here shows you arent reading, and if you are you lack comprehensive skills.

Now im just waiting to see if your friend hops in to cosign on that mess you just spewed.

Hey OP, it's been 35 pages. Have you decided on whether you're quitting or not? (Remember when that was the point of this thread?)

@XenoBladeX37645 said in If they lift the censorship and height restriction I will quit the game!:

@RainGnyu said in If they lift the censorship and height restriction I will quit the game!:

@Anarchy-Marine said in If they lift the censorship and height restriction I will quit the game!:

@XenoBladeX37645 Also the toggle wouldn't put the burden on the people that want censorship to stay, if said toggle was active by default, as I suggested. That would put the Anti-censorship folks in that "burden" area, but even then it's not that big of deal, as it's no different than switching YouTube to Dark mode at that point.

Bull......forcing an agenda! You guys have a specific agenda of us watching immoral content in an attempt to indoctrinate us.

What the hell are you even talking about? Youre missing the plot dude and it seems your brain is leaking out of your ears. The toggle is LITERALLY an option so that you people dont HAVE to see anything. Is that tracking? If not ill say it again. The toggle means you still dont have to see anything and it lets those who want the uncensored experience to be able to have that. It has jack to do with trying to indoctrinate anyone so take that bs somewhere else. Your little meltdown here shows you arent reading, and if you are you lack comprehensive skills.

Now im just waiting to see if your friend hops in to cosign on that mess you just spewed.

I agree with the toggle censorship! I posted on the wrong thread post. Getting confused on who post is who.

@RainGnyu You literally quoted me. So that just shows you aren't even reading what we are typing. I wonder if the same can be said of the others, given some of their replies.

Edit: Also, the content was in the game for years before it was given the localization. What right do you have to call any of it immoral? The people that created it by your definition, are horrible people. What mental state do you have to be in to believe the things that you do?

@Combat-Lobster said in If they lift the censorship and height restriction I will quit the game!:

Hey OP, it's been 35 pages. Have you decided on whether you're quitting or not? (Remember when that was the point of this thread?)

Probably not as the censorship at this point probably isn't getting lifted. Would be quite a twist though.

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed I mean, it took Tera a number of years before they removed Elin censorship. You never know. Defeatism never accomplished anything; as long as you keep trying there is always a chance.

@Miraglyth said in If they lift the censorship and height restriction I will quit the game!:

You're slightly missing the point with both remarks I'm afraid.

For starters, it's not really marginal dodge increases that matter: Character height in PSO2 affects the throw distance of the double saber PA Turbine Toss, and perhaps others. There are videos about this on JP. This one isn't the best because the two characters shown are similar, but it should give the idea.

For Universe, I wasn't talking about it being harder to play well with a lower frame rate. I meant some skills were literally worse because the frame rate was lower. In your FPS comparison, it would be like if a rifle could reach targets 100m away if you were playing at 120 FPS, but the bullet magically vanished after 50m if you played at 30 FPS (including on console) so you couldn't even attack anything further away than that.

Sorry, perhaps I didn't make my point clear enough.

My point is that what you are describing as "bad" falls within the field of "min-maxing" and in a pve game is basically irrelevant.

In FPS games (and in pvp in general), that would result in minor or major advantages that could make the difference in a match outcome.

For example, with certain frame rates you could reach strategic points that with low frame rates you coudn't reach and in CTF mode, where the flag stays on the ground for some time if you're killed, it's not a small thing.

Now talking about pso2, nothing prevents you (or anyone else) to make a taller character to take advantage of its effects on the throw distance and this fact alone makes it ok for me. If it was a pvp game I wanted to play competitively and making a fat giant gave me an advantage, I would have had zero problems creating one.

As for Universe, I understand what you're saying but it's not much different from my example above and in a competitive game you'd probably be told to buy a better pc or to lower the quality settings.

As rude as it may sound, that's the norm in competitive gaming and it is no coincidence that Nvidia explained the advantages to push their products (video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsnVuXj_IDM).

TLDR:

Extreme min-maxing is to be expected in gaming and it's irrelevant in pve games.

@XenoBladeX37645 said in If they lift the censorship and height restriction I will quit the game!:

I agree with the toggle censorship! I posted on the wrong thread post. Getting confused on who post is who.

Even so. Why be so hyperbolic? Indoctrinate? Really?

Even so. Why be so hyperbolic? Indoctrinate? Really?

But it is indoctrination! You may not like the word but it brings attention to the underlining issues that some people try to cover up! Some people continue to post nonsense to dilute the true agenda. I believe words are the most powerful thing in this world and some people understand that concept and use this accessible power to confuse and manipulate for their collective agenda or immortality. The wisdom to understand these tricks of persuasion and point them out is the reason this thread is as lengthy as it is now. It is a War against this amoral indoctrination and it is my personal moral responsibility to fight against it.

I am a soldier!

@RainGnyu If anyone's been indoctrinated here, it's you pal. Nothing that was removed, or censored in game was lacking morality. It wasn't even in any sort of grey area. I don't know how old you are, but in this world, people tend not to like people that place themselves above others or believe themselves to be holier than thou. Even a practiced Christian knows that we all fall short of God, if that's where your self-righteousness is coming from. You aren't a soldier of anything, but hatred and narcissism. Even your signature says to remember your name, and that you seek fame. I'm sorry, but fame is idolatry, and if your only goal is to be famous, because you have this inflated ego of yours, that is idolatry of the self. You judge us for wanting the game as it was in Japan, and by extension, you are judging the developers that originally made the game as it was. That's not mature in the slightest.

@condor said in If they lift the censorship and height restriction I will quit the game!:

Sorry, perhaps I didn't make my point clear enough.

My point is that what you are describing as "bad" falls within the field of "min-maxing" and in a pve game is basically irrelevant.

In FPS games...

Hey you're the one that brought up the FPS comparison. All I did was related the stupidity of how Universe made some attacks bad* to the game type you were referencing.

* And there are no quotation marks needed, this is not a subjective matter. A skill that relied on attack distance to deal heavy AOE damage is definitively worse when it is deprived of that distance, whether or not that is caused by a ridiculous unintended dependency.

@condor said in If they lift the censorship and height restriction I will quit the game!:

Now talking about pso2, nothing prevents you (or anyone else) to make a taller character to take advantage of its effects on the throw distance and this fact alone makes it ok for me.

I've heard mixed reports about whether the maximum height for characters in PSO2 is still restricted, but it certainly was on Global's release. If it is still restricted then yes the Global change is preventing everyone making taller characters and that's kind of the point of the discussion here. Similarly if there are advantages to having smaller characters (likely hitbox related) then yes again the Global change is preventing everyone taking that kind of advantage again.

Then again I suspect you may disagree on both fronts because you seem to view games as inherently confrontational among peers to the point that if nobody can take an advantage against each other within a server there's no disadvantage. I wouldn't know what to say to that, since I don't see games like that. To me if a game is intended to allow character customisation that would allow some content to be easier or harder with options we do not have, I'd still consider that a problem.

But I also think we've abstracted from PSO2 a little too much here and I'm not aware of any such instances. As far as I'm aware Turbine Toss is an exception, your character's hitboxes have a minimal effect on ability to dodge if any, and at least for Turbine Toss it seems to be just as much of an unintended oversight as the Anga Jabroga attack distance being tied to frame rate was.

As for Universe, I understand what you're saying but it's not much different from my example above and in a competitive game you'd probably be told to buy a better pc or to lower the quality settings.

Your words were "frame rate affecting one or more aspects was the norm". That's not an example. It's a vague statement and a false relation.

and in a competitive game you'd probably be told to buy a better pc or to lower the quality settings.

Exactly. Exactly. This is precisely why it is different! What you are explaining here is higher frame rate allowing players to perform better, which is entirely different to the game itself applying a lower multiplier.

It amuses me that you're basically explaining my point while simultaneously arguing against it. It feels like you agreed with what I said but don't fully understand it?

TLDR: Extreme min-maxing is to be expected in gaming and it's irrelevant in pve games.

Leaving aside your continued mistaking of this as min-maxing, you're still missing two points here.

Firstly, that's not for you to decide. Between show-off videos, achievement hunters and the fastest-run and racing branches of the speed-running community, playing non-PVP games better or faster has been a thing for decades. I've very little interaction with those circles but I'm not about to downplay their existence.

Second, PSO2 has competitive elements. There are four rankings every week at the visiphone (rare containers, personal quarters visitors and solo and group time attacks for rotating TAs). There's four challenge mode rankings. There's battle arena rankings and battle arena itself is a PVP mode. Alliances also have two rankings for AP and rare item collection, which are to my knowledge the only competitive element to not involve vast Star Gem rewards.

There's also an inherently competitive player shop market, and though we haven't had once since the PC release of the game, there's also ARKS League which is a competitive event mode.

Whether or not the throw distance of Turbine Toss plays a significant part in any of these does no matter; clearly improving your stats or play matters for these so they cannot be irrelevant.

But it is indoctrination! You may not like the word but it brings attention to the underlining issues that some people try to cover up!

Calling attention to buried issues is indoctrination? I thought it was whistleblowing or challenging a negative status quo?

@RainGnyu If anyone's been indoctrinated here, it's you pal. Nothing that was removed, or censored in game was lacking morality. It wasn't even in any sort of grey area. I don't know how old you are, but in this world, people tend not to like people that place themselves above others or believe themselves to be holier than thou. Even a practiced Christian knows that we all fall short of God, if that's where your self-righteousness is coming from. You aren't a soldier of anything, but hatred and narcissism. Even your signature says to remember your name, and that you seek fame. I'm sorry, but fame is idolatry, and if your only goal is to be famous, because you have this inflated ego of yours, that is idolatry of the self. You judge us for wanting the game as it was in Japan, and by extension, you are judging the developers that originally made the game as it was. That's not mature in the slightest.

Another misdirection post!

Me wanting to be famous has nothing to do with some people’s immortality issues applied to the game through the viewing of censored 🤬 content that Sega as already censored but you don’t agree with and protesting against. You want me and others to accept your views on the censored content but you can’t accept Sega reason on the same issue.

The content is already censored I am defending and agree with Sega censored content choice.

To add:

Now you are on the attack with my age as a factor to my ability to comprehend. Trying to label me as a religion fanatic and an narcissistic individual to strengthen your opinion on censorship. Within a long post of inappropriate comments involving Christianity!

I have flagged your post as inappropriate!

@RainGnyu Damn, you really are that full of yourself.

Hope the moderators ignore inappropriate flags.

For many people, not getting what they want feels like a loss of control. Anger is merely an ‘active’ form of them trying to get what they want. So, If someones initial request or desire is denied, they may naturally resort to anger to then get what they want. It’s a form of power or control.

At this point some of this , At least in my view is UNETHICAL, By Definition , Is it wrong? Of course it is! Is it Mature? Absolutely not!

You expect the world and people to know how smart, how good looking, and how important you are. The things you need, you may need them more than I do. The things you want, you want more than you need them. These are your expectations.

When others do not meet your expectations, you are in a way hurt, you are frustrated, you are disappointed. Mostly you are hurt that you don’t know how important you really are. Unfortunately, this is socially unacceptable, for the most part. you don’t want to be seen as a whiny cry-baby, But the latter speaks for itself.