If they lift the censorship and height restriction I will quit the game!

@Miraglyth said in If they lift the censorship and height restriction I will quit the game!:

You can't set a default block to be placed in when logging in or leaving a non-block space, right? That would mean players who dislike... what would you call them, NSFW blocks? would potentially be placed in one when they wouldn't want to be.

There is already a priority option toggle for beginners blocks in the game's settings, adding another one for "(un)censored blocks only" is a trivial task (it would have been even if the former wasn't there).

@Miraglyth said in If they lift the censorship and height restriction I will quit the game!:

If you think that's bad, remember that Universe had some attacks' distance tied to frame rate.

I used to play FPS competitively (many) years ago and frame rate affecting one or more aspects was the norm in that kind of games.

I don't think that it was bad, nor that it is bad that height affects the hitbox size.

@ApollosAmour said in If they lift the censorship and height restriction I will quit the game!:

@XenoBladeX37645 said in If they lift the censorship and height restriction I will quit the game!:

Hmm. I have a toggle suggestion thread up and everyone there was/is on board with it. Luna made a point of maybe it being hard to implement especially with work being put towards NGS but didnt say the suggestion itself was bad. In fact the only person I remember having an issue with it is Apollos because "a toggle will put the burden on those who want the censorship to stay". So who are all these people that youre talking about?

You know you can summon me if you're going to namedrop me lol

I said your name to make a point to the person I quoted. That was it

@Anarchy-Marine said in If they lift the censorship and height restriction I will quit the game!:

@XenoBladeX37645 Also the toggle wouldn't put the burden on the people that want censorship to stay, if said toggle was active by default, as I suggested. That would put the Anti-censorship folks in that "burden" area, but even then it's not that big of deal, as it's no different than switching YouTube to Dark mode at that point.

Bull......forcing an agenda! You guys have a specific agenda of us watching immoral content in an attempt to indoctrinate us.

@Redex If they locked fashion items to personal quarters only, I would quit the game. The fashion and social aspects are the only reasons I really play as there are MANY games that do gameplay better.

@Lorient

It was a bit of a far out suggestion, I wouldn't see it happening likely. (only wanted it for some items not all)

@Anarchy-Marine

Definitely would have been nice to see more detailed item descriptions for sure.

Thanks, and u.

@condor said in If they lift the censorship and height restriction I will quit the game!:

If you think that's bad, remember that Universe had some attacks' distance tied to frame rate.

I used to play FPS competitively (many) years ago and frame rate affecting one or more aspects was the norm in that kind of games.

I don't think that it was bad, nor that it is bad that height affects the hitbox size.

You're slightly missing the point with both remarks I'm afraid.

For starters, it's not really marginal dodge increases that matter: Character height in PSO2 affects the throw distance of the double saber PA Turbine Toss, and perhaps others. There are videos about this on JP. This one isn't the best because the two characters shown are similar, but it should give the idea.

For Universe, I wasn't talking about it being harder to play well with a lower frame rate. I meant some skills were literally worse because the frame rate was lower. In your FPS comparison, it would be like if a rifle could reach targets 100m away if you were playing at 120 FPS, but the bullet magically vanished after 50m if you played at 30 FPS (including on console) so you couldn't even attack anything further away than that.

@Lorient said in If they lift the censorship and height restriction I will quit the game!:

@Redex If they locked fashion items to personal quarters only, I would quit the game. The fashion and social aspects are the only reasons I really play as there are MANY games that do gameplay better.

I was thinking of this.... I wonder if NGS will have a central hub/lobby so folks can show off their latest expenses? If not, I wonder how this would affect the player base?

SEGA if you are listening I will buy 1,000$ worth of AC every 3 months if you restore the height options of JP. 🙂

@Daijobu-chan

*awkward cough in silent room *

@Redex said in If they lift the censorship and height restriction I will quit the game!:

@Daijobu-chan

*awkward cough in silent room *

no! covid 19 strikes again 😞

@RainGnyu said in If they lift the censorship and height restriction I will quit the game!:

@Anarchy-Marine said in If they lift the censorship and height restriction I will quit the game!:

@XenoBladeX37645 Also the toggle wouldn't put the burden on the people that want censorship to stay, if said toggle was active by default, as I suggested. That would put the Anti-censorship folks in that "burden" area, but even then it's not that big of deal, as it's no different than switching YouTube to Dark mode at that point.

Bull......forcing an agenda! You guys have a specific agenda of us watching immoral content in an attempt to indoctrinate us.

You always have the option to, y'know, not watch it. What is the harm in making it, to quote Jim Sterling. "an optional option that is optional".

I get that there is this zero sum game mentality that dictates that if someone somewhere is able to masturbate to something, no matter how isolated, it is automatically a defeat.

But life is not a zero-sum game. Just because some weirdos may be present as a side effect does not make the removal of censorship immoral indoctrination.

@Daijobu-chan

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner.

Off topic, but I also do need some new headphones, thanks for the reminder.