If they lift the censorship and height restriction I will quit the game!

** Edit**

They've unfollowed the page so no point to ask.

@YagyuChan It's not that they can't legally do it, but I'd imagine they'd want as few countries blocking the game as possible. Essentially the sort of content they've cut would be treading a thin line in some countries, and would be objectionable in most if not all.

@RainGnyu Most anti-localization people seem in favor of the toggle from what I've seen, which is better than nothing. Personally I think it's too complicated.

@XenoBladeX37645 said in If they lift the censorship and height restriction I will quit the game!:

Hmm. I have a toggle suggestion thread up and everyone there was/is on board with it. Luna made a point of maybe it being hard to implement especially with work being put towards NGS but didnt say the suggestion itself was bad. In fact the only person I remember having an issue with it is Apollos because "a toggle will put the burden on those who want the censorship to stay". So who are all these people that youre talking about?

You know you can summon me if you're going to namedrop me lol

@Anarchy-Marine said in If they lift the censorship and height restriction I will quit the game!:

Point is you have options in situations like these, but you are steadfastly refusing to use them. Whereas we on the opposite end of this debate, don't have choices or options. We get what we are given, and that's not fair.

All of us get what we're given, though. I know that with the height cap the option to go shorter is removed, but a lot of us are limited by the creator regardless. We have characters that either don't fit the mold or that we're not totally happy with, and some of us have to recreate characters from previous PS games because there's no equivalent to their race or features from those games.

At the end of the day, Global is a different game from JP, so I don't understand why we feel the need to live by comparisons to JP, or why the opinions of those on JP appear to be elevated like they are. Those of us that haven't been filtered have adapted. Even if there's things we want that we might never get, we still make do and enjoy the game. I guess I just don't see why we should burn the house down because 10 points are absent on one slider.

Sorry for the tangent, but I'm really thinking deeply about all of this lol

Ok so... apparently due to this thread, this could explain why some people want it lifted. If this is proven true, along with the opposite end of the spectrum for bigger hitboxes with taller characters, this could make for an interesting thing to take into consideration for playing certain classes and such, not just with races. (Before someone jumps at me, I was curious to see what other places have discussed about the height limit and if that is proven to be false, then just disregard this post.)

@ZarexWolf It wouldn't the first nor the last game to have that kind of "side effects" tied with height. I wrote in another thread that Elins in Tera had an advantage on pvp due to the smaller hitbox and everywhere due to the faster animations on certain classes.

Thinking that everyone that wants/uses a small toon is a pedo is ignorant at best.

On top of that, we are talking about fictional characters in a video game, so all this drama is beyond comprehension.

@condor Wasn't implying that pedo part. Was assuming that some people were focusing on the "advantage" of being shorter/taller, but, I do agree on this being beyond comprehension. I just wish people wouldn't lob people in with those that like something for an immoral reason. Hopefully we meet some kind of ending that won't leave things torn further apart in this thread.

@ZarexWolf Oh, I wasn't talking about you when I mentioned the pedo name calling, I was referring to the various posts with that assumpion.

The solution would be rather simple and in some degree already available: censored blocks and uncensored blocks.

Since the game already got "expert blocks" implemented, they only need to add another flag so pro-censorship players and the others won't meet and play together anymore.

While I think trying to offer a solution that benefits both parties is admirable, I think at this point the whole ship has sailed for any changes to be made. NGS and future content is the priority now. I just don't see them going out of their way to make any adjustments aside from localization at this point.

@condor Ok, that would make things easier for both sides, if we don't get even more blocks rolled back...

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed Well, we're suppose to keep both, right? So, maybe when things slow down for NGS, they could address this? Won't be for a good long while, but if it happens, great.

@ZarexWolf Possibly, though I don't think anyone would want to wait around that long if the censorship is the reason they aren't playing currently.

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed I understand that NGS is righfully their priority since, as far as I understood, pso2 won't get any new content after EP6, but it's not a change that requires days or months to implement since they already have it.

I don't really care if they implement it or not as I refuse to play pvp in this game and I would gain basically nothing out of it, but it would end the rants from both parties as this whole discussion is, frankly, embarrassing and not doing any good to pso2 nor to NGS.

It.. truly has degraded to the point it is taxing since each side is tearing through each others' walls and working around each "attack" seemingly endlessly. (Even with middle grounds offered.)

@Redex said in If they lift the censorship and height restriction I will quit the game!:

A toggle is very half measure.. [snip] In my mind I imagined something like this would restrict the presentation of basewears and other items

Referring to my end-of-page-27 comment, I'm still amused that literally the only character who can wear Frost Disciple [Ba] without the increased-coverage Global default innerwear (or one of the imperfect innerwear options) showing through is one of the characters present in the removed scenes, who can be seen this way in both the story quests and in the Mother's Disciples promotional video.

This is of course an unintended side-effect of the innerwear change and not reworking some basewears to ignore innerwear swimsuit-style to accommodate (which would be the likely fix). Presumably story characters retain the JP default innerwear the same way a future one allegedly ignores the player character height limit, but it's a pretty funny inconsistency to realise that in this regard the only "uncensored" character is one involved in removed scenes.

@ZarexWolf said in If they lift the censorship and height restriction I will quit the game!:

Ok so... apparently due to this thread, this could explain why some people want it lifted.

If you think that's bad, remember that Universe had some attacks' distance tied to frame rate. Perhaps most notably the axe skill PA Anga Jabroga which was meta for some time after AOTI gave it guaranteed criticals and whose jump distance was halved at 30 FPS - and even less if your console or PC was struggling from a high volume of enemies which is when you'd want to use it most.

@condor said in If they lift the censorship and height restriction I will quit the game!:

The solution would be rather simple and in some degree already available: censored blocks and uncensored blocks.

You can't set a default block to be placed in when logging in or leaving a non-block space, right? That would mean players who dislike... what would you call them, NSFW blocks? would potentially be placed in one when they wouldn't want to be.

@Miraglyth Wait, it was THAT bad for that game? Yeesh.