If they lift the censorship and height restriction I will quit the game!

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed said in If they lift the censorship and height restriction I will quit the game!:

@Michelle said in If they lift the censorship and height restriction I will quit the game!:

The term loli / shota is used exclusively to indicate characters of short stature, generally cute in appearance, and as Luna also said, also the voice. Generally a high-pitched cute voice can be considered a loli voice. I kindly ask those who purposely want to win the argument by alter the terminology to stop, because you only generate misinformation.

Why can no one just say child like? I guess cause it hurts the movement?

There has been several pages linked in this thread regarding the definition. Perhaps you can add some more that only refer to "short" "cute" "high pitched voice".

I'm all for people expressing their removal of censorship but seems like at this point we are just playing mental gymnastics trying to avoid what these terms mean and are generally associated with.

Let's use an example from @Archetype-Luna as they are "anti-censorship" as I guess we are calling it.

https://youtu.be/r4p2Z43_GW4 Here is the term loli in a non-sexual manner by a Japanese Vtuber. Shigure Ui calls the voice she uses when she is imitating a little girl her loli voice. She is using it to describe her little girl voice.

Here is a screen shot for those too lazy to click the youtube link.

Capture.PNG

Non-sexualized? In this instance, yes. Do they look and sound like a child? Oh yes.

Here's another one where someone asks Fubuki to talk in her "loli" voice, which she immediately knows it is in reference to how she is playing as a baby shark so her little girl voice is appropriate.

Luna uses the words "baby" and "little girl".

So to think that the use of "loli" and "shota" only refers to "Short/cute/high-pitched" is just hilarious.

So when censorship folks come along and people say they want to play as a loli or like watching lolis surely you can see how people might be slightly concerned.

Well, if it is shown that actual Japanese people use the words loli/shota in non-sexual contexts, then it kind of shows how the pro-censorahip people nitpicking at the anti-censorship usage of it is ridiculous. This mental gymnastics started when in another thread a group of pro-censorship people focused on the very usage of those terms as the crux of their argument to try and pin anti-censorahip people as pedophiles.

It shouldn't be concerning as they are commonly used as slang to refer to little girl/little boy type characters.

I would love it if the debate if their usage would end, but it is kept being brought up by the pro-censorship.

Just remember that Dragons Dogma had small people that look like "children" like PSO2 has (With similar scale) but in the Western Version. Enough said on this one I am afraid.

@YagyuChan / @Archetype-Luna

These ideas still have negative connotations here in the West due to heavy negative associations, speaking on a general level.

PSO2 is it's own game where you take full ability of a characters movements and expressions, I can't say the same for these other games even though you can point to any title with short characters.. it doesn't provide the same contexts as this game does.

@Redex Exactly. At the end of the day, PSO2's changes aren't dependent on what other games are doing.

@Redex said in If they lift the censorship and height restriction I will quit the game!:

@YagyuChan / @Archetype-Luna

These ideas still have negative connotations here in the West due to heavy negative associations, speaking on a general level.

PSO2 is it's own game where you take full ability of a characters movements and expressions, I can't say the same for these other games even though you can point to any title with short characters.. it doesn't provide the same contexts as this game does.

This is proof that such height restrictions are not illegal and such false arguments can't be spread around. It is why SEGA should address this.

False arguments? ..bit of a stretch.

@Redex said in If they lift the censorship and height restriction I will quit the game!:

False arguments? ..bit of a stretch.

well it is not completely false but yeah there is some false to it.

@YagyuChan

..Go on

@YagyuChan

..Go on

It is fake in some people's eyes and some countries might indeed forbid it but I somehow doubt that all people/countires will.

@YagyuChan

Understandable though I'm not catering for changes there, just wanting to keep the traditional ones we've had in NA over the years.

@ApollosAmour Other games and media do disprove the accusations of the changes being made due to legal reasons and show that PSO2 would not be endangered in anyway if it was uncensored.

@Redex I have not seen those ideas being used with negative associations/context outside of these forums for the past couple of years.

The closest are the FBI memes which are done as a joke with no serious implications.

@Silvalance said in If they lift the censorship and height restriction I will quit the game!:

@Silvalance

You're in denial with those statements 100% and it brings a bad light to your entire team that you're rooting for in attempting to claim otherwise.

Great go look up Dr. Seuss, you see any lewd young looking portrayals of bikini dancers and very low-cut clothing on them in his books?

No you do not.

Being short has nothing to do with race or gender politics, this is a video game, I don't need these (seemingly) 3 foot looking children types running up on me trying to dance with me and be lewd because they think a Sci-Fi title is the best place for them to propel their sexual or non-sexual fetishes in light of my gaming experience and that of others.

download.png

Interesting

The Toggle censorship system was and is suggested, But noticed how some people will say it is to complicated For Sega to implement. But when I asked some of the most vocal anti-censorship if they approve of the toggle system and they said No! Ask yourself why is it so important for them to have us witness these censored content? If I don’t want to see this content shouldn’t I have the option?

They will also say we can just skip over it but they know if we don’t know what is coming how can we skip ( what we feel)is inappropriate content.

@RainGnyu That's a lie. There was literally a thread about a toggle system, and everyone except Luna said a full on yes. Luna claims to have a background in c++ code, and programming. Luna said yes, later down the road, as all of the resources SEGA has are being used for New Genisis. But at this moment, no, as there wouldn't be enough free developers. It's not just something that can be added in at random. I mean, have you ever worked in Software development Rain, as I've had these same conversations with friends of mine that currently work, or used to work for large name developers. And what Luna said made perfect sense to me.