If they lift the censorship and height restriction I will quit the game!

@Laep Also, thanks for the advice about the smoke/ash. Already had that covered. It's not as bad as it was, as the danger has passed, to my home at least, so I took the time to clean off some outdoor furniture, and put a cover on it. Not a fan of that smoke smell.

Can't say I'm completely relieved, as there a Hell of a lot of people homeless right now. I would have responded earlier, but I've been busy. The number of pages kind of blew up. Wasn't trying to derail topic, just wanted to give thanks where it was do.

@RainGnyu said in If they lift the censorship and height restriction I will quit the game!:

The Toggle censorship system was and is suggested, But noticed how some people will say it is to complicated For Sega to implement. But when I asked some of the most vocal anti-censorship if they approve of the toggle system and they said No! Ask yourself why is it so important for them to have us witness these censored content? If I don’t want to see this content shouldn’t I have the option?

They will also say we can just skip over it but they know if we don’t know what is coming how can we skip ( what we feel)is inappropriate content.

Hmm. I have a toggle suggestion thread up and everyone there was/is on board with it. Luna made a point of maybe it being hard to implement especially with work being put towards NGS but didnt say the suggestion itself was bad. In fact the only person I remember having an issue with it is Apollos because "a toggle will put the burden on those who want the censorship to stay". So who are all these people that youre talking about?

@XenoBladeX37645 Also the toggle wouldn't put the burden on the people that want censorship to stay, if said toggle was active by default, as I suggested. That would put the Anti-censorship folks in that "burden" area, but even then it's not that big of deal, as it's no different than switching YouTube to Dark mode at that point.

@Anarchy-Marine said in If they lift the censorship and height restriction I will quit the game!:

@XenoBladeX37645 Also the toggle wouldn't put the burden on the people that want censorship to stay, if said toggle was active by default, as I suggested. That would put the Anti-censorship folks in that "burden" area, but even then it's not that big of deal, as it's no different than switching YouTube to Dark mode at that point.

Oh I know. Was just simply refuting the point made previously. Ive already adressed in that thread why the whole burden thing makes no sense

A toggle is very half measure..

I think it still promotes issue and doesn't solve the state of things by reversing things for those who want to abuse the systems at hand.

In my mind I imagined something like this would restrict the presentation of basewears and other items, this doesn't really seem to address the crowd on any reversal of current things in place such as height nor would I really want it to given the previous height comparisons.

If certain clothing and accessories/emotes were limited as 'private quarters required' items height might be less of an issue but as currently stands it is not the case.

@Redex said in If they lift the censorship and height restriction I will quit the game!:

I think it still promotes issue and doesn't solve the state of things by reversing things for those who want to abuse the systems at hand.

In my mind I imagined something like this would restrict the presentation of basewears and other items, this doesn't really seem to address the crowd on any reversal of current things in place such as height nor would I really want it to given the previous height comparisons.

If certain clothing and accessories were limited as 'private quarters required' items height might be less of an issue but as currently stands it is not the case.

You're just not going to be satisfied till we agree that the censor should stay as is... Aren't you? Also, locking clothing and accessories to "private quarters" only would just push people away from spending money/meseta trying to get them. Plus, that'd ironically give off an even worse impression. So, you just backed yourself into a corner on that part.

I can't fathom how anyone could feel offended by the height of textured meshes of imaginary characters, with elvish ears, horns and robotic parts (mosft of).

@ZarexWolf

I disagree,

I think it would give off a better impression, Id feel comfortable gaming this series around anyone if that were the case. It also promotes the idea of getting to know your in-game friends better if you care to see them in some lewd clothing in the privacy of a personal quarters.

I think people would arguably spend around the same amount on items.

@Redex Right, so enjoying your character in all aspects of the game, the way you want to, just wouldn't work, because on your end you'd know that greyed out character, or the character using basic starting outfits, passed level 80 is doing something wrong, at least in your mind. That's how this reads to me my guy. If it's out of sight, it's out of mind, and that's a you issue. A few things make me uncomfortable in some MMO games, but I don't impose my will upon others. I leave them be, and leave the area. Its called being an adult, and having thick skin. I don't like hearing two guys in a game lobby, talk about all of their planned private bedroom affairs later in the day, that said, I respect others enough, to simply leave when something like that happens, and that's if I'm not their friend. If I am their friend, I tell them to get a room. It breaks the ice, and they drop topic.

Point is you have options in situations like these, but you are steadfastly refusing to use them. Whereas we on the opposite end of this debate, don't have choices or options. We get what we are given, and that's not fair.

@Anarchy-Marine

You have a block function, no need to leave.. unlike when people are physically acting in the game so it really isn't a 'me' issue.

@Redex Right, so I block them, and later when they aren't talking about their sexcapades and are focused on talking about game strategy, I can't hear them, or communicate with them through text. That's really a bright Idea. No, I reserve that block thing for those annoying RMT bots, and those players that act like their pro, but are actually really bad at the game, and proceed to trash talk everyone actually doing their respective jobs in game.

@Anarchy-Marine

That's your purgative if you feel inclined to hear all future conversations to debate them on. Most people understand they have freedom of speech and if they don't want to hear what they are saying they will block them in-game so they can continue talking among themselves.

I still think the right choices have been made on the NA version so far, though it's good to discuss with those who disagree as it's probably not that bad for insight and perspective overall to get both sides and angles no doubt.

@Redex The right choices I'd agree with on are the chosen voice actors and actresses, the planning of content release on Global, the speed at which bugs are patched, and fixes implemented, and the GM's overall team selection, of even handed individual's. (GM's aren't game related, but deserve appreciation for having the patience to deal with everything as they have)

I disagree on the censorship, as you know. For me the localization overall in execution had no flavor text, some camos for the longest time were bugged, and had no names, and certain aspects of the game were broken, due to sections of game being either partitioned away, or completely missing, due to the nature in which new content is being added.

It's good, but could use some work. Thats where I stand on the game as a whole. At any rate I'm heading out, until next we meet. Take care.

@ZarexWolf said in If they lift the censorship and height restriction I will quit the game!:

@Redex said in If they lift the censorship and height restriction I will quit the game!:

If certain clothing and accessories were limited as 'private quarters required' items height might be less of an issue but as currently stands it is not the case.

You're just not going to be satisfied till we agree that the censor should stay as is... Aren't you? Also, locking clothing and accessories to "private quarters" only would just push people away from spending money/meseta trying to get them. Plus, that'd ironically give off an even worse impression. So, you just backed yourself into a corner on that part.

Just gonna say it now. Arguing with Redex is a waste of time. Save yourself the trouble

Funny. In this thread there are all the 4 people I've blocked, and I see nothing but only people who talk with always the same pro-censorship users.

The 4 people are: ApollousAmour, Redex, Laep and Guardian(with his multiple alias).

If everyone will block them, it's better. It is impossible to talk to them without arguing in a very bad way. They don't even approve of compromises, they want their garden and they are very selfish. Literally only 4 people have put the forum in crisis.

From now on I will ignore this thread, so I won't even see it again, I suggest everyone to do the same, ignore these 4 pro-censorships.