If they lift the censorship and height restriction I will quit the game!

@XenoBladeX37645 said in If they lift the censorship and height restriction I will quit the game!:

Since when in the hell does sharing SOME opinions of others that may be into weird things thus mean its ok to accuse said person of something that hasnt been proven? Again I was called a pedo here because I said AGE IS WHAT MAKES A CHILD AND NOTHING ELSE. How in the world is it then my fault for not being "ready to deal with the consequnces" of saying something that is in fact, factual? Where in that statement did I side with those who like something that may or may not be illegal? Youve been acting like youre "Mr. Neutral" here for awhile but logic like that shows thats a farce. You have no clue what youre talking about honestly speaking

I'm not neutral. I'm on the pro-localization side of keeping the changes. But I can see both sides of the argument and I can hold people accountable despite my own biases, even if they slip out at times.

People aren't always the most sensical here. There's crazed people on either side that will pull insults out of their hat like that without making any sense. So while it might not apply to your situation, it still stands that people were being called pedos because they were defending people who were talking about loli/shota and presenting that image and/or remaining silent when it happened.

@ApollosAmour said in If they lift the censorship and height restriction I will quit the game!:

@ZarexWolf said in If they lift the censorship and height restriction I will quit the game!:

it isn't originally something that is sexual, it just got twisted due to people finding it offensive in some manner.

Other way around. Both terms were born out of a fascination with child characters, with both stemming from actual child characters in fiction. While I can acknowledge that that fascination has modernized to be more of a light "crush" of sorts for fictional characters, it's still permanently linked to "lolicon" and "shotacon" (lolita/shota complex) which is a sexual attraction to these characters and/or real children as well as the media produced for those individuals.

Which then leads to the argument of "it's fictional and not real" on how people like/love certain young characters in games/stories. As a prime, recent, example.. Sumire Yoshizawa from Persona 5 Royal. People just tend to forget the differences between fantasy and reality for these things for some reason. Also, I severely doubt the GMs would allow it to go that far as some people are assuming. You got to give people more credit for being more mature than you give them, I know that this is a touchy subject, but at the same time... It's borderline ridiculous on how this has been approached. Not saying I'm innocent, I'm just as guilty for using poor choices of words. (Probably did the same here as well.)

@Miraglyth said in If they lift the censorship and height restriction I will quit the game!:

@ApollosAmour said in If they lift the censorship and height restriction I will quit the game!:

I've never called anyone a...

Deflection*. Your previous assertion was that people shouldn't be able to call out when others do, no matter how undeserved. That is a ridiculous position to take, no?

* Meanwhile you've openly painted the other side as "imply that [subject matter] get their rocks off", so even if you haven't explicitly called them anything it seems clear you're only not doing that so you can say you haven't.

But I thought you were an impartial observer, so why would it matter to you?

Fantastic logic. Calling out when someone talks nonsense means I must be partial and opposed to every ideal they hold! 🙄

I think you misunderstood. People can certainly call it out and say that they don't like it. They have every right to be upset and to defend themselves. But the problem is that people are inviting the accusation and then choosing to continue the behavior that caused it to happen in the first place, while also getting mad that it continues to happen. Or, like I said in my post, it being used as a get out of jail free card.

I don't recall painting the entire side as "people getting their rocks off" in that quote. But there's definitely those that are, which I know for a fact. I realize how heavy of an accusation calling someone a pedophile is and I don't have any intention of doing it without knowing for sure, let alone over an argument on a forum. Others have though, and I haven't always disagreed, hence why I never stepped in. So I guess you could say it's fair that I'm accused of saying it, along with everyone else, using my own logic. Although the difference is that I don't get mad about it and continue to do it despite that, or call people pedophiles at random (since I don't, like I said).

tips respectfully

I think you misunderstood. People can certainly call it out and say that they don't like it.

This is the opposite of what you said before though:

It shouldn't be an arguing point, but "I was called a pedophile" is consistently brought up so it always becomes one.

You chose to target the people who you say bring up that point, not the people who call them offensive terms, a group that you must surely agree are crossing the line of civility yet to my visibility you have never criticised in the same way. To solidify this point, later in your newest post:

the problem is that people are inviting the accusation

Tell me that's not the conversational equivalent of "He can't have assaulted her, look at her clothing. She was asking for it!"

I don't recall painting the entire side as "people getting their rocks off" in that quote.

So because it's only some of them, that makes it okay?

But there's definitely those that are, which I know for a fact.

Oh now I get it. Your "I've never called anyone a pedophile" isn't to say that you've relied on implication. It's to say that you believe certain people are and are simply not referring to them by name.

I'm not sure which of those is worse.

Edit: I'm going to take a moment here to say say that it probably seems like I'm on a rather nonsensical warpath. Please bear with me on this one. While I'm not interested in how this situation gets resolved, I'd really like for whatever resolution we'll eventually get to just happen already so this forum can stop giving new users a bad impression of the game's players.

This mad cycle of some users asking for reconsideration or explanation, detractors flying in and turning the topic toxic, the topic getting locked and users making a fresh request has become old extremely fast and we can all surely see it's never getting anywhere. I don't find the requests in and of themselves to be unreasonable, so until one of them finally gets a response the only way I can see to break this loop is for the toxicity to stop.

Edit 2: I also realise this topic is an exception since it skipped the first part of that cycle - and it's clear to see with the charged language and name-calling the topic started toxic. If that doesn't shine a spotlight on the usual cause of acrimony I don't know what does.

This entire thread is big troll and should be closed now. It contains no arguments, just personal stuff and assumptions about potential pedophiles. Plus, the user ApollosAmour never misses an opportunity to try to accuse others even in other threads, each time using different words.

@GM-Deynger @GM-Cinder @GM-Beemo

@Silvalance

2 posts into the popular thread and you want it locked... The irony, the hypocrisy.

You want your piece said, so do others.

So, I had to spoil myself a bit for episode 5 for the sake of ending this discussion and found that there is a character that is the shortest of the members of ARKS. I can't say which because, yeah, that'll entice more hate, but... If you do your own research, you can find them on the wiki. So, if we're getting an even shorter character in the upcoming update, doesn't this make the height restriction pointless?

@Redex said in If they lift the censorship and height restriction I will quit the game!:

2 posts into the popular thread and you want it locked... The irony, the hypocrisy. You want your piece said, so do others.

explain

@Miraglyth said in If they lift the censorship and height restriction I will quit the game!:

I think you misunderstood. People can certainly call it out and say that they don't like it.

This is the opposite of what you said before though:

It shouldn't be an arguing point, but "I was called a pedophile" is consistently brought up so it always becomes one.

You chose to target the people who you say bring up that point, not the people who call them offensive terms, a group that you must surely agree are crossing the line of civility yet to my visibility you have never criticised in the same way. To solidify this point, later in your newest post:

the problem is that people are inviting the accusation

Tell me that's not the conversational equivalent of "He can't have assaulted her, look at her clothing. She was asking for it!"

I don't recall painting the entire side as "people getting their rocks off" in that quote.

Okay, so because it's only some of them, that makes it okay?

But there's definitely those that are, which I know for a fact.

Oh now I get it. Your "I've never called anyone a pedophile" isn't to say that you've relied on implication. It's to say that you believe certain people are and are simply not referring to them by name. I'm... not sure what's worse.

If someone is called a pedophile by someone else, they have the right to defend themselves. For instance, if someone called you one right now, you can argue it. But I don't think it's something you need to keep referencing ad nauseum whenever discussion gets too stale or when the argument hits a sore spot.

As far as my knowledge is concerned, I'm not about to out a bunch of people on a forum for their online footprint, which wouldn't serve any justice in the matter and would only get me banned. But other people have been willing to do that, so it's common knowledge that certain people that have sided with the removal are lolicon/shotacon. There's also those that are blatantly open about it too. That still doesn't mean that everyone for the reversal is the same. But it does add weight to the accusation.

Hahaha, did you really just compare it to that? Holy shit.

@ZarexWolf

No.

Story NPC.

@Silvalance

You're into the other threads asking for the removal of things, this is a thread asking for the keeping of. Don't ask GM's to inappropriately lock threads.

@Redex said in If they lift the censorship and height restriction I will quit the game!:

@Silvalance

You're into the other threads asking for the removal of things, this is a thread asking for the keeping of. Don't ask GM's to inappropriately lock threads.

I am asking to close because you are not arguing here, you are accusing us of pedophilia. While we have never accused you of anything. It's not fair for you to create threads to attack us in this dirty way.

@ZarexWolf There's also characters now below the cap iirc. The difference is that players don't control those characters and so their state of dress and behavior is limited to what the script dictates and not a user. For instance, we don't see Io hanging from a pole in the ogre set. The characters in EP4 were affected, but the primary factors there were most likely their state of dress and the scenes they found themselves in.

@Silvalance

** rolls eyes**

I don't see anyone saying specific people on here are this or are that in any direct way.. Maybe think on why those implications might be made in the first place rather than accusing us of pointing fingers at anyone person in specific when we're just conversing.

If someone is called a pedophile by someone else, they have the right to defend themselves.

If someone is not something bad, they have the right to not be called that thing in the first place. You continue to avoid this point. Why are you refusing to criticise those who are being rude to others?

Hahaha, did you really just compare it to that? Holy s

And I'll do it again: I know guys who wanted to become primary school teachers, sports team coaches and other youth role models, who have been discouraged and in a couple of cases ultimately persuaded not to by words like "You have to know what people will think of you".

Sure that is a broader and more serious societal issue, and you can point to this as a trivial example. That's fair. But ultimately the presumption of wrongdoing is wrong on any level. We as decent human beings need to stop doing it, let alone deliberately to try and poison a discussion.

@Silvalance

** rolls eyes**

I don't see anyone saying specific people on here are this or are that in any direct way.. Maybe think on why those implications might be made in the first place rather than accusing us of pointing fingers at anyone person in specific when we're just conversing.

There is no need to be direct. Also, I ask you a question: Would you accept a compromise like the option that allows the deactivation and activation of censorship? There is a thread about it. I'm just curious what the pro-censorships think about it.