If they lift the censorship and height restriction I will quit the game!

@ApollosAmour said in If they lift the censorship and height restriction I will quit the game!:

Maybe if you were to spam your request to the

It's not my request. I don't make short characters and I don't care a jot if two characters have clothes in, what, two? cutscenes where their would-be nudity has zero significance.

I'm just sick of this innocent act where some posters call others really offensive names and then get all "Why are you angry?" when they get upset. Drop the act, you know what you're doing, and as someone largely standing outside the censorship part of this endless flame war it's become incredibly tiresome to see.

@Miraglyth said in If they lift the censorship and height restriction I will quit the game!:

@ApollosAmour said in If they lift the censorship and height restriction I will quit the game!:

Maybe if you were to spam your request to the

It's not my request. I don't make short characters and I don't care a jot if two characters have clothes in, what, two? cutscenes where their would-be nudity has zero significance.

I'm just sick of this innocent act where some posters call others really offensive names and then get all "Why are you angry?" when they get upset. Drop the act, you know what you're doing, and as someone largely standing outside the censorship part of this endless flame war it's become incredibly tiresome to see.

I meant your request, which is why I gave the hypothetical. If you did all of that asking for units and rings, then you'd get the same backlash.

I hate to break it to you, but you're not outside if you're making a point this biased. I won't deny that accusations have been thrown and people have been nasty to each other, but I'm not going to say it's one-sided because it's simply not. The whole thing started out with "Why is it in place?" with some saying "Probably because of loli/shota" and some saying "I like loli/shota so I don't like it", and then people clashed. Maybe if you were more neutral on the topic, you'd see how both "sides" have acted to each other, like how both have called each other pedophiles, trolls, and the whole nine. But since you aren't, you don't.

I meant your request

I'm not requesting ring skills on units either though? The only request I have is for people to stop purposefully instigating drama with distasteful accusations. If you don't like an impartial person calling that behaviour out, maybe don't do it?

@Miraglyth said in If they lift the censorship and height restriction I will quit the game!:

I meant your request

I'm not requesting ring skills on units either though? The only request I have is for people to stop purposefully instigating drama with distasteful accusations. If you don't like an impartial person calling that behaviour out, maybe don't do it?

Nice save.

Also I still find it funny how many people are keeping these threads alive who don't even play or contribute to Global but demand change. I think it's great to play the version you like the best, but I don't see how you can make demands on something you don't participate in and expect to be heard over those who do.

It's because they want to play and contribute to Global. They really want to play Global or they wouldn't be here. Giving them this chance through the toggle option would allow SEGA to make more money.

Furthermore, it is more ridiculous that there are opponents who have nothing to lose, they are literally here wasting time complaining about the complaints

The game is rated M so mostly everything should be on the table. When I play rated M game I wont be surprised and kind of expect to see nipples, cursing and extreme acts of violence with buckets of blood. God of War does rated M games right and look how successful that is. Maybe next NGS tease we will see, IDK, areola sizing and nipple coloring. That should fall within the restraints of the rated M label. I don't want this game to cater to western audiences and become overly woke in the process. I get the raven changes. So with that being said can we get the smoking cigarette accessory.

@overfiend78 For some absurd reason there is a kind of racism towards Japanese games (hello California). PSO2 is just confirmation that they are really fooling us. The M rating is then the evidence.

to anyone who enjoys going into conversations like these

no

that dude won't quit the game if they remove censorship

no one likes censorship

but people like trolling and seeing other people get mad

censorship is bad and no one wants it

but it won't go away cuz microsoft knows that we won't quit no matter how much they censor as long as they leave emotes and outfits uncensored

story mode has never been all that big in gameplay most people doesn't even watch the cinematics and even those who do (i do watch them personally) will watch them once and be done with it

so censorship in story mode won't affect us much

most people are mad about the height limitations which is understandable seeing how customization and expression is a big part of this game having any limitations on that is truly annoying

i do not like it either but like i said i doubt they will be changing that

but i also don't think it will get any worse than what we currently have

we will get used to it overtime and stop complaining

microsoft knows that thus keeping the censorship

tho i would like 2 little changes

1. in saloon/char creation under the advanced body options/body section u can still move the slider to be lower than 152cm's but it doesn't affect the height towards the end idk if its forgotten or they just didn't care but it makes the game feel less polished if they are planning to stick with this limit they should probably change that should be rather easy

2. 152cm ? why thats such an odd number just make it 150 its triggering my OCD ffs and think about us with sensitive OCD's when u are messing with numbers next time pls

also if i remember correctly if u try to import a char from JP that is shorter than 152 the error message says something akin to "your character must be atleast 150cm tall" which is another minor annoyance seeing how that message appears even when the char u imported is 150 or 151 OR 152 cuz despite not being shown millimeters does exist in PSO2 and the 152 limit we have is not 152.0cm its closer to something like 152.5cm

forgot to talk about the slave/raven weapons

well it seems rather odd to me that we associate the word slave with racism to begin with so i don't really understand this change

ye i know about the american history and all but still it just feels wrong to see the word slave and think of racism

the association itself feels a lot more racist than the word slave imo

unless there is another reason behind the name change i believe it was unnecessary

What I find odd about the entire thing, Episode 4 wise, is there was nothing to censor...everyone was wearing towels so there wasn't anything weird at all about the removed clips. However, whiners will be whiners...whether removed or left in someone would have a problem with something.

If anything, we should be focusing on the upcoming Episode 5 and the changes it will bring!

@Wolf-Moonstar Well those are the same people who think that slave=black people which is probably why the Slave series got changed to Raven, I'm actually starting to think those same people are lowkey racist. I've never once thought that things like Slave Shooter, Slave Shoes, etc. were racist. In fact the Nemesis series seems more racist since the chains on the Nemesis series are unbroken while the Slave series are unbroken.

No you won't. And the degenerates crying about lolis won't leave if it stays either.

What are y'all gonna play? The MMORPG market is nearly dead. Out of the only... 6 perhaps-still-worth-playing titles, 2 have monthly subscriptions, 3 have content locked behind DLCs, 2 of these are MMORPGFPS, 1 is a dungeon crawler Diablo style and last but not least 1 is run by Bethesda. Bethesda. Do I need to bring up the little piracy oopsie with DOOM Eternal? Fallout 64? I wouldn't trust Bethesda to clean my cat's litter box in their current condition. Hell, I'd ask my cat to clean their litter box.

(Notice I say "perhaps-still-worth-playing". If you come around mentioning TERA and their exciting new 64 bit something, RevO and their stelar localization and launch, along with BnSs', don't talk to me. I was there from the start. I saw the rise and fall. No. Just, no. I hope these 3 games get dragged behind a shed and put to sleep already.)

(If you bring up BDO, BLESS or AA I'm going to need a moment. Maybe two moments. You know what, just give me the rest of the year off from interacting with you.)

Speaking of TERA, when it came to the West a lot of people bitched and moaned about Elin censorship too. Say they'd leave if it wasn't removed. Would boycott the cash shop. Blah, blah, blah. It's 2020 and those people are the ones keeping the game alive on 1 server per publisher, dressing up their lolies. Same with the ones that screeched for male Elins and never got any. They make do with what they have. Such is life. (Oh and eventually the publishers and... What does BHS calls itself these days? Krapton? Anyway, they stopped giving a flying fuck about maintaining the censorship after like, a year.)

You will not find a single F2P MMORPG out there at this very moment in time that offers you a better experience than this one, sorry. You won't. The market is shifting to mobile + auto attack sometimes barely any customization games and barely anyone seems to care. It's a dying genre. The fact that SoA/SE waited 8 years to capitalize on this franchise again I can't say if it's their worse move since the Game Gear / "SEGA does what Nintendon't" disasters or their most brilliant move since Acquiring Atlus and listening to fans about freaky 3D Sonic, because they have barely any competition that can step up to the plate like they can right now. SEGA outside of Japan is finally pulling their shit together after, what, 2 decades? They have my full fucking support. Have my money, give me mags and shit. Put some skill tree reset cards up on that Steam shop while you're at it. Gotta go fast. You ain't perfect but you sure are doing a better job than most of these Western muppets we still call publishers.

(Notice how I said you ain't perfect. I still have my eye on you SEGA. I still don't trust you even 50%. You were away for a long, long time. We need to get reacquainted.)

This is my first post on the forums and I can assure you that I have dumped every ounce of sass, snark, cynicism and gods know what else in my body into it like a cleanse and you all probably think I'm the biggest nastiest asshole this side of the Atlantic, but you people need to snap back into reality, stop being entitled narcissistic little twits and realise that there are more important things to worry about in your video games than fucking height restrictions and light censorship.

"This is why we can't have nice things." applies here. Right here. Worry about keeping this one alive and growing instead of squabbling over something most games don't even give you the option to pick.

No mic drop, I think that song is trash. I just thought a few of you needed a shake back into reality. Remember SEGA didn't give us this game for 8 years and no one died. I think. I hope.

All your title drops just make me think about how much I miss Wildstar. 😞

@MisterJaySnek said in If they lift the censorship and height restriction I will quit the game!:

All your title drops just make me think about how much I miss Wildstar. 😞

alt text

@NotWhoUThink said in If they lift the censorship and height restriction I will quit the game!:

@Wolf-Moonstar Well those are the same people who think that slave=black people which is probably why the Slave series got changed to Raven, I'm actually starting to think those same people are lowkey racist. I've never once thought that things like Slave Shooter, Slave Shoes, etc. were racist. In fact the Nemesis series seems more racist since the chains on the Nemesis series are unbroken while the Slave series are unbroken.

The difference is that people asked for "Slave" to be changed, but the height cap and the EP4 changes were internal. You don't have to agree with the change, but it's pretty obvious why it would be changed due to the political climate right now. It's just easier to change it and not draw that sort of attention.