If they lift the censorship and height restriction I will quit the game!

I think people just need to be more blunt with it so more folks will likely to get further onboard with the removing of the censorship. People need to say things like "We want to watch the scene with the little boy in the bathtub groping the girl" so they know exactly what people are talking about and what they are missing out on. "We want to make shorter characters because we are all short" things like this.

Just stating to "we want to remove censorship" doesn't really explain what they are missing out on.

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed said in If they lift the censorship and height restriction I will quit the game!:

I think people just need to be more blunt with it so more folks will likely to get further onboard with the removing of the censorship. People need to say things like "We want to watch the scene with the little boy in the bathtub groping the girl" so they know exactly what people are talking about and what they are missing out on. "We want to make shorter characters because we are all short" things like this.

Just stating to "we want to remove censorship" doesn't really explain what they are missing out on.

Those scenes are what the developer intended for the general audience playing PSO2 to see when it was released. We want to experience all the content of the game without any censorship whatsoever on any front.

@Anarchy-Marine If it's for a different target audience, then I don't see why not.

We all have access to the original work these days. It's not like the old days where you had to know someone from Japan or send money to some stranger to get LD rips on VHS with shoddy subtitles.

@Anarchy-Marine said in If they lift the censorship and height restriction I will quit the game!:

@ApollosAmour Should we apply your logic to Anime then?

Edit: should anime be censored in the same way?

ya wich is why people fear that censorship goes too far and want it to stop and in worst case leave it as it is and not start to censor even more stuff....idk whats wrong with a bathing scene myself...its not like i never went indoor swimming as a kid or teen wich had worse scenes then what ever got shown in pso2 lol...so having memories of myself makes me a pedo now? holy shit people take stuff way too serious....the censorship wont end as long as SJWs like that exist who literally WANT to see BAD STUFF in everything they look at

@Kurumi-Tokisaki said in If they lift the censorship and height restriction I will quit the game!:

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed said in If they lift the censorship and height restriction I will quit the game!:

Those scenes are what the developer intended for the general audience playing PSO2 to see when it was released. We want to experience all the content of the game without any censorship whatsoever on any front.

Exactly and I think being up front and honest about it will definitely get more people on board. I think most people would be pretty positive to it. I think personally instead of spamming the forums though, spamming their ticket system would probably be a better idea.

That's why I have a problem with both sides being labeled "pro" and "anti-censorship". It's far too broad for the amount and type of content being censored. It also doesn't take into account that things have been censored for different reasons. For instance, someone may want the height cap removed, but they prefer the change to "Raven". Are they "pro" or "anti" in that case? What if they're indifferent?

@IfrianMMO said in If they lift the censorship and height restriction I will quit the game!:

The only consolation is that censorship and Western adaptation is unstoppable and inevitable in the industry.

What we are witnessing are the last few whimpers of a group of people who cannot adapt and that seem to be stuck and looped in the 90´s and early 00´s and that scream "SJW" and "PC" and "Pandering" to a world that is fast leaving them behind.

Used to ruling the Anime and Videogame communities, they have not noticed how the rug has been pulled from beneath their feet, and they happily and lazily shout the word "minority" to groups and currents of thought that overwhelmingly surpass them in number, but i guess their lull is positive, for while they stick to complaining in game forums, the actual fight is fought elsewhere, in schools, in the news, in the media and other places of social import.

Even in Japan they are starting to have conversations about what should and should not be allowed, and doing the first few tentative attempts at media regulation, so it is going to be amusing when the faucet of unbridled lewds has it´s stream progressively reduced and eventually stopped.

The next 10 years are going to be quite amusing , as they are slowly but surely forced to open their eyes and accept that the world has left them behind and that it is them, who are a pre-judged minority, and not the rest of society.

I've got some bad news for you: In all likelihood what will actually happen is that the pendulum will swing back the Evangelical's way. They were doing the same stuff and using the same shaming language with the same smug self righteous attitude, with many of the same targets.

You are not going to like what media looks like when they're back in the saddle, and frankly, neither will I- for many of the same reasons.

Unlike you, however, I'm old enough to remember and learn from the past.

Like you guys, they did manage to taint a fair amount of things, and when we finally manage to outlast them it seemed like we'd enter... if not a golden age, then at least a less shitty age.

And then you guys showed up.

And round and round we go.

@RainGnyu The height restrictions will be lifted, you will be able to make child size characters with the mini costumes, however it'll be pretty had to sexualize them. As for the bath scene that'll probably remain out as they would have to have their rating updated.

I also find it funny how people argue that they want the original pso2 experience when attacking the censorship.

When PSO2 launched and much like New Genesis now, it was a sci fi fantasy game that had little to do with the anime waifu simulator that it has become today.

PSO2 EP6 is unrecognisable from the beta and lwunch.

The game was changed over the years into what you demand to have today.

And I do not remember any of you complaining over how they were changing the game then.

So if now they have decided to tone it down for our version and remove some of the more controversial materials, it is their call to make as well.

@ApollosAmour said in If they lift the censorship and height restriction I will quit the game!:

Most of those people that have explicitly stated their goal is to get topics locked have been punished as far as I'm aware. Same with those that have openly baited or taunted people.

The ones that have said it, maybe? I definitely get the impression a few people are being more subtle about their baiting, sprinkling just few enough derogatory name-calls into their messages to fly under the radar while still damaging polite discourse.

@IfrianMMO said in If they lift the censorship and height restriction I will quit the game!:

I sure miss the PSO universe and community from 2000 to 2005. Back then, as we discussed the various rumors over how to break the seal on the SEALED J SWORD to obtain the legendary TSUMIKIRI J SWORD, and we laughed at how...

We do need to be careful about rose-tinted glasses on that one. I was part of the Sega forums back when they existed*, and there was a fair amount of weird topics, factionalism and so on. PC/PS2 and Xbox 360 being segregated onto different servers in Universe didn't help, nor did the pretty obvious attempts of a moderator turned employee and GM to absorb all the game's guilds into his one in both Blue Burst and then Universe.

* If anyone remembers, they had various stylised avatar presets of some of the Sega games of the recent time, so I made a joke of putting Hugh from Phantasy Star II over the background they used for the Sonic Riders ones:

4f9e8b95-0d0d-41ca-8293-c79809ea17a1-image.png

i never imagined that one day, the most important discussion of PSO would be:

It does amuse me how you've iterated your description of that scene to make it sound the worst it possibly can without being flat-out wrong anymore. In some ways your efforts to find that line are impressive.

@T-R-A-S-H said in If they lift the censorship and height restriction I will quit the game!:

As for the bath scene that'll probably remain out

Yeah, it seems pretty doubtful that'll ever be reinstated.

I'll go a step further. I actually expect that in the next maintenance, one of the scenes in chapter 8 will be removed because it mentions the bath scene. And that will be lore damage.

@Miraglyth said in If they lift the censorship and height restriction I will quit the game!:

The ones that have said it, maybe? I definitely get the impression a few people are being more subtle about their baiting, sprinkling just few enough derogatory name-calls into their messages to fly under the radar while still damaging polite discourse.

Naturally. You can see examples of that from both sides in this thread alone. I'm sure everyone has moments where they're too frustrated to let something go but wise enough to know when they're going to get a slap on the wrist. It's those who don't that suffer the consequences.

@Miraglyth said in If they lift the censorship and height restriction I will quit the game!:

@T-R-A-S-H said in If they lift the censorship and height restriction I will quit the game!:

As for the bath scene that'll probably remain out

Yeah, it seems pretty doubtful that'll ever be reinstated.

I'll go a step further. I actually expect that in the next maintenance, one of the scenes in chapter 8 will be removed because it mentions the bath scene. And that will be lore damage.

Could be, but it doesn't mean it's guaranteed. The EP4 content still references/foreshadows cut content. Hitsugi still says Al has nothing to wear despite him being in innerwear, Kohri still says they'll spend all day together even though we don't see it, and Ophiel still makes a perverted comment about Hitsugi's body from the time she's comatose when she's changed to be fully-clothed in those scenes. Essentially, if we can assume what happened or easily gloss over it, then it doesn't impact the lore very much at all.

The scene removal doesn't really bother me as much. If it never comes back I'll be a little sad but it's no deal breaker.

The height slider, as some of you may have read my posts on the subject, is because I'm physically shorter than my character, it has nothing to do with being a "loli lover". But I'm also aware my stature is very likely a tiny portion of our player base. If I had the option of only myself being able to see my height and other players seeing a default height instead, I would definitely agree to that, even pay for it. (Don't bleed me Sega!)

As for the weapon names, I believe this is a case of Sega shooting themselves in the foot by removing the flavor text that describes how the weapons got their names.

@ApollosAmour said in If they lift the censorship and height restriction I will quit the game!:

Hitsugi still says Al has nothing to wear despite him being in innerwear

"Nothing to wear" has been an exaggerated statement to mean "Not a wide enough range of different things to wear to cover specific and often one-time needs" for longer than I can remember. If everything every character in a story said was meant to be 100% accurate many stories would be quite boring!

Kohri still says they'll spend all day together even though we don't see it

Same as above really. I don't think that's ever seriously meant to be taken as midnight to midnight, and JP certainly never showed midnight to midnight.

and Ophiel still makes a perverted comment about Hitsugi's body from the time she's comatose

Which is exposition never shown in JP either, so what's that got to do with removed content? Characters talk to each other off-camera all the time. At least four characters were mentioned throughout Episode 4, three of them repeatedly, without appearing once even in the lobby areas! Were they cut in Global? More likely, I get the impression they simply weren't used in JP to begin with which would have had the benefit of reducing the need to recall some voice actors; unlike us, JP didn't have the benefit of writing and dubbing 6 episodes all at once. You might also notice the four previous operators have no presence in any of the new areas.

The mention in the substory quest Ready to Explode is an explicit reference to a scene that was specifically removed from Global. Right now that scene doesn't make sense. But at the same time that scene, the conclusion to a character arc and the final appearance of that character in Episode 4, entirely depends on that mention.

The previous scene with that character, from chapter 6, doesn't leave any particular loose ends though, and some other characters with less of an arc just happen to be present throughout Episode 4 without any particular conclusion, so it still wouldn't surprise me if they removed this scene out of prioritising the removal of confusion over the importance of lore.

@Lemon-Sama said in If they lift the censorship and height restriction I will quit the game!:

The scene removal doesn't really bother me as much. If it never comes back I'll be a little sad but it's no deal breaker.

The height slider, as some of you may have read my posts on the subject, is because I'm physically shorter than my character, it has nothing to do with being a "loli lover". But I'm also aware my stature is very likely a tiny portion of our player base. If I had the option of only myself being able to see my height and other players seeing a default height instead, I would definitely agree to that, even pay for it. (Don't bleed me Sega!)

I made a suggestion about how Sega could go about this if youd like to take a look at it

https://forum.pso2.com/topic/7754/an-alternative-solution-for-the-height-restriction-censorship/31?page=3