Dev Question - One S graphics fixed?

Have the Xbox one S graphic / rendering issues been fixed? Would like to know if it’s worth playing the OBT or if I am waiting for PC.

What are the issues of which you speak?

They are probably referring to the graphics glitches at least a few people saw during CBT. That wasn't limited to the XBOX One S, though. It was on all models, but it wasn't always present or even noticed by everyone.

@Ragnawind thanks for clarifying 🙂 I'm sure it'll be better than I'm used to on my pc regardless.

Xbox S graphics looked pretty bad imo compared to my ps4

The only real fix for XboneS is to buy a XboneX, the S doesn't really have 4k, and some optimizations will strike directly on their weak point, leaving undesirable jaggies, etc. When I first read about the different models following the Xbone, I couldn't see any good reason to buy the S, unless you couldn't wait for the X.

If there was a ticket submitted on it and it's a legit or reproducible issue then I'm sure they are working on it.

@redPG 4k don't matter to me, I'm using a 22" 1080p gaming monitor.

It was submitted by numerous people, and I had a reply saying “they were looking into it”. But essentially the issue was the graphics would down scale so much that the original Mario on the original Nintendo had better graphics. I have a previous post showcasing some screen shots of just how bad it would get. I believe it’s under screen shot forum or tech issues forum.

@hAZE-1561 said in Dev Question - One S graphics fixed?:

It was submitted by numerous people, and I had a reply saying “they were looking into it”. But essentially the issue was the graphics would down scale so much that the original Mario on the original Nintendo had better graphics. I have a previous post showcasing some screen shots of just how bad it would get. I believe it’s under screen shot forum or tech issues forum.

Is this the topic you were referring to?: https://forum.pso2.com/topic/294/these-4k-graphics-on-xbox-s-are-sick/2

That quality does look bad, but one of my friends that had an S never had quality that bad. It could just be a dynamic thing based on amount of players on screen. If it is like the PC version, there should be an option to change how many characters are shown on screen at once. On PC, it may have been more of a quality slider, thing, though, but I don't remember.

For those with issues of bad graphics, someone has posted a supposed solution for it. It involves lowering shadow quality or something: https://www.reddit.com/r/PSO2/comments/fnmy8j/increase_your_screen_resolution/