Still to this day I don’t know what they were thinking with the weapon progression..

I mean.. why did they think it was a good idea to release Nemesis/Raven basically first.. it’s made every single new weapon that’s come out in months completely irrelevant. None even come remotely close to the base DPS. And to top it off, the ability on it is top tier as well. It’s extremely frustrating.

I’d be playing a helluva lot more than 1-2 hours a day if I had anything worth going after. But even the new Zieg trades are inferior as well, and they take 120 of an item we may never get go to to get. And really, why would you want to besides just doing it. The weapon would still be weaker.

I know it’s irrelevant at this point since Ep 5 should be in a week and a half but I need something in my games to keep me grinding towards, and this isn’t it.

They are thinking $$$$$ and don't care about the game. Honestly there are no thoughts put into the release/localization/update schedule in any way, shape or form other than $$$. The bank is rollin so they assume they did a great job.

I read this a lot lately... No progression, game is to easy, blahblah.

You know, you are free to skip nemesis weapons and run with some Deo, if it is too easy or you want progression with the latest offerings...

Remember that these are the NT Nemesis/Raven weapons, which were released in EPISODE 5, and were competitive at the time. Also, the whole point of a loot treadmill is to upgrade. I don't see what the problem is.

@Scerms77 said in Still to this day I don’t know what they were thinking with the weapon progression..:

You know, you are free to skip nemesis weapons and run with some Deo, if it is too easy or you want progression with the latest offerings...

That’s not how you keep a game relevant. You don’t run a season of diablo with greens just to maintain something to achieve. There should be content where you can min/max for example and still face a challenge.

It was basically they wanted to release ultimate quests but didn't want to have OT weapons drop and saw that nemesis and slave weapons had NT versions, and this happened. Mistakes happen. At least Episode 5 is likely coming soon, so better gear is coming.

Maybe it was intented. People tend to buy scratch tickets when they don't have stuff to farm ^^ Jokes aside i would like to have an official response to their plans.

We still miss EP4 ring slotting but we just got EP6!!!!! augment transfer. I just can't tell it is intended or not. When goin on like this i want my Etoile because Techter gameplay is a joke (Even though it's top tier dmg and support)

I just hope we get EP5 mid september

@failures_not_flattering_is_it said in Still to this day I don’t know what they were thinking with the weapon progression..:

@Scerms77 said in Still to this day I don’t know what they were thinking with the weapon progression..:

That’s not how you keep a game relevant. You don’t run a season of diablo with greens just to maintain something to achieve. There should be content where you can min/max for example and still face a challenge.

If its about facing a challenge, i guess you have cleared heaven&earth and the profound darkness solo uq?

Soon it will not matter as EP5/6 will come and bring the *15 star equipment with it and render literally everything else so obsolete you will be honestly upset if you get a *14 star instead and all you will see in the drop tables is excubes waiting to happen.

Seriously people, you are 3 months away from literally nothing of this or even what is to come with the next big update mattering at all, ever again.

@IfrianMMO said in Still to this day I don’t know what they were thinking with the weapon progression..:

Soon it will not matter as EP5/6 will come and bring the *15 star equipment with it and render literally everything else so obsolete you will be honestly upset if you get a *14 star instead and all you will see in the drop tables is excubes waiting to happen.

Seriously people, you are 3 months away from literally nothing of this or even what is to come with the next big update mattering at all, ever again.

But until then 😞

@Scerms77 Nitpick, but those aren't too difficult. Phaleg should probably the benchmark.

Content is moving so fast that having a new 13* every week would be overkill.

@redBadger22 said in Still to this day I don’t know what they were thinking with the weapon progression..:

Content is moving so fast that having a new 13* every week would be overkill.

This. I think they added it so that we could work toward one weapon that would serve us until the end of the year rather than trying to build up a new weapon we have to grind for every few weeks. The drawback to this of course is that as we catch up and get those new drops, we have no reason to grind for them other than to sell, add to the collection, or keep as fooder/transmutation.

Imagine if we didn't have nemesis/raven weapons.

If you didn't get lucky enough to get the new BiS each week, you would have to spend 20-100mil to buy the non-augmented version of the weapon, then most likely pay to make it light element, and then affix it - every 2 weeks for BiS, if you cared about BiS.

As it stands these weapons are super rare as is because we aren't getting enough time between content for them to be relevant. I wouldn't want them to be the BiS. Once Ep. 5 hits, if this continues everyone will still never gete a 14*, and once Ep. 6 hits, everyone will still most likely be using Nemesis/Raven with the way the content is rolling out.

@failures_not_flattering_is_it because they be like " fk you give me money "