PSO2 New Genesis means new graphics engine, will low-end systems still be able to play on Very Low + reduced resolutions?

Hi. Sorry, it's a busy week and trying time here so maybe I missed something, but this is what I understand:

• New Genesis and PSO2 will be rolled into one.
  • PSO2's graphic engine is changing and older systems may no longer be compatible.
  • DX11 is still an option.

I only recently got back into PSO2. My system is from 2013. i5 4670k, 8GB RAM, GTX 770 2GB. Do we have any word on if systems in a similar range will still be able to play this? It seems nuts to go so high that people in this range are left behind, although obviously I don't have the statistics as to how much of the userbase has such a system still, but PSO2 being potato friendly-ish, I would think it should be somewhat substantial at least.

Just hoping I'll be able to stick around on very low graphics preset or something. Otherwise I'll just get my fill of the story up to Ep3/4 or whatever and get out I guess, which sucks, but is what it is.

Nobody knows.

the range minimum requirements is still not specified that will only gonna be informed more close to when the new engine will be released so in the moment no one knows what will require

As others said, no one knows yet. All they have stated is that the minimum requirements will go up, possibly by a significant amount. For example, you might even need at least a mid-range GPU and it must support DX11 at the minimum, though DX12 ill likely still be recommended for future-proofing for the game.

Minimum specs are quad SLI 3090s. Have wallet ready.

Gonna need like 3x PSU made by Seagate or Corsair(not just branded by them either, but actually manufactured) Take an air conditioner and retrofit it to your tower. Then you can do the above post.

lol

gonna be open world map with tons of effects and particles, and filters. expect the game to be way much more heavy on your rig than PSO2

SEGA nonetheless always optimi<ze quite well their games, but specs gonna be high compared to what you are asking for on hight above options, especially ram.

@ZorokiHanuke True enough, I'm just more concerned than usual since games like Death Stranding are finally starting to flat out not work lol. At least AFAIK. Nonetheless, thank you for the reassurance, I hope this will be an exception. PS: Love your signature lol.

@Dragon-Cloud Ouch, I missed the open world bit in the news I read. Here's hoping Virtual Memory makes up for it, I keep 16GB in my settings... Thank you for the info.

Thank you to everyone who posted, including the sarcastic humor. Hope you lads have a productive/restful day as needed, and drink thy water. Ciao.

@eclipsezeromh

Get an used 1060 GTX or 470 AMD for 100 Bucks. Both cards have 4 teraflops and is enough to "ULTRA-SETTINGS" FFXIV on DX11 at 1080p/60 fps

If you want play 4K/60 FPS/ "High settings" get an used XBOX-X for 225-250 dolars using DX9 engine. For DX11 engine that will be 1440p/60 FPS ultra settings. I think only a SERIES-X will be able to run this game at 4k/60 FPS/ ULTRA settings on "Console".

To play 4k & 60 FPS on PC is very expensive. FFXIV DX11, PSO2-DX11 will take you not less than a 1080 TI/2070 Super used for 300 USD and the glorious 3070 for max 4k/60 FPS on every single game the next 5-7 years for 500 USD.

I'm running this game at 3840x2160 on a GTX 1080 non Ti and a i7 8700k with 16gb ram. I'm thinking about upgrading later to a rtx 3070. According to release claims, the base 3070 is as strong as a 2080ti. Even if that claim isn't true, it's still an impressive GPU I feel many will buy. By the time NG is available I suppose the full 3000 line will be available, so if nvidia makes all of them as powerful as they claim the initial ones are, even the equivalent to a 3050, whatever it's named and regardless of it having RT or not, should play NG well, though not at 4k. Benefit is that older systems won't need to upgrade anything else if you pick a low-mid range card. Just make sure your PSU can hold the new card. Though sure, the preferred thing is a more substantial upgrade so you can add a more powerful GPU. But with how current things are, many of us are cash strapped.

I play PSO2 and FFXIV on a laptop that was built in 2016, so I donno, maybe the specs will not be so demanding for NG.

They will be increasing the minimum requirements of the game. You will also need a DirectX11 capable GPU, so no integrated GPU from old processors. This has all been answered in the FAQ. It's about time for them to do this though especially with all the newcomers coming in... If you're a gamer it may be time to upgrade your rig and not go over 5 years without upgrading hardware (it cost waaaaaay less than maintaining/buying a car/ETC so there should be no issue).

@eclipsezeromh said in PSO2 New Genesis means new graphics engine, will low-end systems still be able to play on Very Low + reduced resolutions?:

@ZorokiHanuke True enough, I'm just more concerned than usual since games like Death Stranding are finally starting to flat out not work lol. At least AFAIK. Nonetheless, thank you for the reassurance, I hope this will be an exception. PS: Love your signature lol.

@Dragon-Cloud Ouch, I missed the open world bit in the news I read. Here's hoping Virtual Memory makes up for it, I keep 16GB in my settings... Thank you for the info.

Thank you to everyone who posted, including the sarcastic humor. Hope you lads have a productive/restful day as needed, and drink thy water. Ciao.

Pagefile/virtual memory is so much slower than RAM it might as well not even exist. You will experience massive stuttering in any game that accesses your pagefile, I'd recommend getting 32GB dedicated RAM then you'd be futureproofed for a decade or so...

@Kurumi-Tokisaki I personally still don't think OP's current setup will force him into page file. At most, his GPU will run out of ram and regular ram in the form of shared memory will be used before any page file is ever touched. It will not be the optimal scenario and it will be slower, yes. But it will still give some leeway before it starts looking into any drives. Then again, I don't think NG will eat up over 8 GB ram + the 2 from VRAM. I feel they may try to hit the bare minimum of 3GB with low textures.

As for what gpu to get, I advise OP to wait for Nvidia to fully release their 3000 line if he's not in a hurry. Even if not interested in such a new gpu, this may still rattle the prices of the old gpus being sold. We'd also need to see what happens to manufacturing in these pandemic times, hoping we don't get such low supply that prices jump up just like in the crypto days. Get ready for anything, but be frugal with your wallet...