The North American Localization team sucks.

Wow. Looks like today was fun guys! Thank you all for keeping the discussion civil. 🙂

@Chaoko99 said in The North American Localization team sucks.:

If you guys like the AL translation so much, go play on JP and use it then. You can't have a creepy scene of two high schoolers having a weird bath with a 10 year old. Cry me a river. Go to JP if you think it matters so much.

Thats what I call a fairly and logical "Bang and you're dead".

Overall im pretty satisfied with the game so far, tho translation and texts are... well, something is amiss.

@Aida-Enna said in The North American Localization team sucks.:

Chiming in to clear up a few things:

A) The translation was not rushed.

B) The JP development team was massively involved in the translation effort.

C) There is a stark difference in quality between the person(s) who did story and the rest of the patch - Clearly some people cared and some people did not.

D) It appears there was little (no?) coordination between the people translating, which caused an alarmingly large number of issues.

@YagyuChan said in The North American Localization team sucks.:

@ApollosAmour said in The North American Localization team sucks.:

I see a lot of rage and criticism coming from people regarding the localization, but it honestly just tells me how little anyone doing it actually knows about the process. The translators can only do what they're given. They're not in charge of editing, QA, and don't even have a final say. Their work can be changed without their supervision after they've finalized it too.

@Matt Right? lol And everyone has access to an uncut version of the game that's totally translated as well, which the majority making these complaints already plays.

Just as I said in the other thread this is the Global version that allows all to play while that is the Japanese version which is limited to Japan by the TOS whether you like it or not you have no leg to stand on here in a legal standpoint.

Hi, just wanted to chime in here and remind people that violating a Terms Of Service agreement is not illegal (which means something that is explicitly prohibited by law, or is otherwise forbidden by a state or other governing body.), nor has anyone ever been banned from PSO2JP for playing outside of Japan. If anyone was going to be banned for that, I would be the first one - yet I've never once gotten any sort of warning.

I mean, according to the PSO2NA TOS, copying any files from one location to another violates TOS, so if you copied PSO2 from one directory to another or to another machine, you've already violated TOS. In fact, if any of you are using screenshots/artwork/music/video from the game for any reason without SEGA's express permission in writing, you are also violating TOS. If any of you have made or used symbol arts that are lewd, racist, or mean (even jokingly) to anyone (including SEGA), you've violated their TOS. If you've made or used a symbol art that looks like any person, company, or copyrighted media, you've violated TOS.

Please stop telling people that playing the JP version of the game is illegal. Thank you!

Wasn't really my intent but I will just stay out of this one but major respect for the patch btw 🙂

@YagyuChan said in The North American Localization team sucks.:

Wasn't really my intent but I will just stay out of this one but major respect for the patch btw 🙂

Ah, I'm sorry. I mistook your intent, then. I get so used to dealing with angry people that sometimes nice ones come off similar (which is totally a me problem and not a you problem!). My bad! And thanks! 😄

@Blade-Syphon For me any story content is considered content. There are character development that comes from those scenes.

@Blade-Syphon Would you be fine with the game if they stripped all the graphics and sound and turned it into a series of customizable reflex tests with a chat system? That's all the gameplay really is if you break it down. Just numbers, reflex, decision making, rewards, customization, and team coordination.

@ApollosAmour That's sort of the whole point. The complaints are because the scenes were removed, not because there wasn't a bath scene in the first place. It would be stupid for someone to complain that some specific scene they wanted wasn't created just for them. The main point is that content was removed after the fact, and only on one server. Everything else like story importance and whether story counts as content is just supporting arguments.

@AiC-L What I meant by that is that had the bath scene stayed, I doubt anyone would have found any particular significance in it. It likely would have been treated similar to any number of scenes that are more filler than anything. But because it's been removed and people are so fixated on it, they're finding meaning in the smallest details to where it's suddenly more important to the plot than it was ever designed to be.

@ApollosAmour The first one's story points are repeated in other scenes, true. I do have a suspicion that the new ones (haven't watched yet) will answer a question I had about the epilogue though.

Well at least you can see the missing scenes on youtube. I don't know what all scenes are missing, just the bath scene. Never seen these myself because I never played the original JP version.

Well, I watched the two new ones and it just drops the usual anime hints at Enga and Och being a mutual thing. More blatant than the hidden implications near the end of the episode that Och likes Enga, but nothing outright. Also apparently Hagito actually got away with bribing his way back into society's good graces. So there's technically some stuff in the men's side one that's not available elsewhere.

@AiC-L Let's also not forget how Phaleg knows we were watching, looking straight at the camera. Honestly, makes her even scarier.

Third scene also implies Hagito only became student council president due to the Mother Cluster, when Enga asks how Hagito became the president with his personality. Remember that all student council members are Mother Cluster members as well. Hagito did seem rather awkward in that interview where he rambled on about Yamato and other large weapons.

@KrinostheMartyr you think sega actually read this lol

I just saw part of the missing content from episode 4.

I see why its missing...lol...

@Clain said in The North American Localization team sucks.:

I just saw part of the missing content from episode 4.

I see why its missing...lol...

Saw it myself it's hilarious that the horny weebs are upset about their dumb cliche scene being removed. Girls comparing boobs is the worst running joke in anime.

@Alevity said in The North American Localization team sucks.:

Saw it myself it's hilarious that the horny weebs are upset about their dumb cliche scene being removed. Girls comparing boobs is the worst running joke in anime.

One person's trash is another person's treasure. I have literally no interest in that scene, but I want it anyway.