The North American Localization team sucks.

Oh boy these forums never change... BTW I made this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pdlw2phJwlY because I wanted to prove that they could have cut the most objectionable content from it and left it in but then they go and remove the other two bath scenes too (I don't remember either of them having such objectionable content, especially not the male one)... >.>

@Emmerson-T-Kenny said in The North American Localization team sucks.:

If the customer is not satisfied, he has every right to complain and demand that the problem be solved, and if this cannot be done he can ask for a full refund. That's how it works in my country, and if in other countries the companies sell you garbage and the customers eat the shit without saying a word, well, I don't want to get involved. In this case the product was released in my country, so I complain and demand that the problems be resolved. I know it's cruel as behavior, but if you don't do that then you end up with the Chinese government, where people doesn't matter and everything is censored.

With something on the scale of PSO2 customers are never satisfied. What you're describing isn't "the customer being right" it's "self-entitlement".

By your logic, regardless of your "intentions", the entire Sonic fanbase has the right to tear Sonic apart fifty different ways until it's downright unrecognizable because they're never satisfied and can never agree with each other (and they very well nearly succeeded in more ways that one, with all the problems it caused with Generations through Lost World, Boom and now Forces and Mania (though with Mania the game itself isn't the problem, it's the fact that the developers played it too safe) and thanks to both the fanbase and people like Arin Hanson who blindly throw hate on Sonic but are listened to solely because of their status as influences, Sonic Team these days would rather self-deprecate than innovate or make a good Sonic game.

Maybe that's changed with the one they're working on right now because they're taking more time on it but the game that became Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric also had that freedom and generally speaking I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Also similar logic applies to PSO2, there are people who want the censorship, if it gets removed and they get angry then by your own logic, they can just complain and get it added right back in.

It's a system that's broken to its core and frankly I don't know how your corporations function.

Unless you're twisting the truth about how it actually works....

@Lulu said in The North American Localization team sucks.:

gods be operative

That was patched

Ive seen more rude anti changes than pro changes in this forum so far. That is, the most rude few folks were indeed pro changes, one particulary. I could read some stupid stuff from both side that I never went back to some of those threads again.

Customers this time are well aware of the product they use and how it was in JP, its the premise of the problem ahead... if some are entilted or dont stop spamming, its not because they dont know the product. We have right here a precise profile of the problem ahead. not knowing customers are playing the game happily without whinning everyday on the forum.

I agree nonetheless that there is a problem here; SEGA JP hasnt said a clear thing about the changes, and the why. This actually do no good to anyone.

Can the changes really be considered censorship? Are they that important to get mad that much? Which profiles are those who whine about, and will they be willing to whine without being anonymous?

I find most of it pretty stupid, pretty sure im not the only one. 1m50 for west and M rated is pretty decent, bath scenes are utterly the worst thing they could have done (to sell for a specific social group, not the game itself) the underage naked kiddo is also out of touch of the game (altho the change is... lazy as hell).

My thoughts are they 'll mostly change some things to keep up the pace with NG, since I dont think NG will have the same content as PSo2 at all, mostly just decos.

People get overemotional about stuff all the time. I might try my best to go with logic but even I sometimes let my emotions get the better of me (as I'm sure some of the emotionally driven people on these forums would be FAR to happy to attest (but not admit that they're letting their own emotions get the better of them) >.>).

@Dragon-Cloud said in The North American Localization team sucks.:

Ive seen more rude anti changes than pro changes in this forum so far. That is, the most rude few folks were indeed pro changes, one particulary. I could read some stupid stuff from both side that I never went back to some of those threads again.

Customers this time are well aware of the product they use and how it was in JP, its the premise of the problem ahead... if some are entilted or dont stop spamming, its not because they dont know the product. We have right here a precise profile of the problem ahead. not knowing customers are playing the game happily without whinning everyday on the forum.

I agree nonetheless that there is a problem here; SEGA JP hasnt said a clear thing about the changes, and the why. This actually do no good to anyone.

Can the changes really be considered censorship? Are they that important to get mad that much? Which profiles are those who whine about, and will they be willing to whine without being anonymous?

I find most of it pretty stupid, pretty sure im not the only one. 1m50 for west and M rated is pretty decent, bath scenes are utterly the worst thing they could have done (to sell for a specific social group, not the game itself) the underage naked kiddo is also out of touch of the game (altho the change is... lazy as hell).

My thoughts are they 'll mostly change some things to keep up the pace with NG, since I dont think NG will have the same content as PSo2 at all, mostly just decos.

Are the changes really considered censorship? I mean...you tell me. https://www.google.com/search?q=censorship&rlz=1C1NDCM_enUS908US908&oq=censorship&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l4j69i60l3.3408j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

And I cant take anything you say as valid when you label people stating grievances as whining simply because you dont care for what folks have an issue with.

No lolies please 😞

@XenoBladeX37645 said in The North American Localization team sucks.:

And I cant take anything you say as valid when you label people stating grievances as whining simply because you dont care for what folks have an issue with.

Are all the changes really censorship? Id rather listen to SEGA jp first. Im not into talking cheap.

People who dont whine and actually want to do something contacts SEGA jp or closest. But keep mentioning me saying stuff like this over and over, I dont care

spamming that shit in this forum won't do much with that topic, not the first time you hear that im sure

@Dragon-Cloud said in The North American Localization team sucks.:

Are all the changes really censorship? Id rather listen to SEGA jp first. Im not into talking cheap.

People who dont whine and actually want to do something contacts SEGA jp or closest. But keep mentioning me saying stuff like this over and over, I dont care

spamming that shit in this forum won't do much with that topic, not the first time you hear that im sure

Whoa so its cheap talk when i provide the ACTUAL DEFINITION of censorship (which by definition what they done is indeed censorship). Ohh no SEGA has to claim it to be as such...oke bud.

Ahhh yes, still labeling those who dont contact people in a way you want as whiners. Your ilk can be funny at times you know that?

I never advocated for spamming so i dont see why you felt the need to tell me that

I will say, it takes a special something to continue to support a company that deems you unworthy of a response or any type of closure. To be passively ignored in the hopes that you will give up or move on just seems like such an awful way to handle things. Are they actually doing these things? Well obviously I don't know but, surely after so many threads regarding this issue and I assume (or at least) countless tickets regarding this issue....... to still not get any word.... It almost seems like Sega has no respect for these types of players.

I just dont stop saying in those threads to move their burguer ass and try to talk to sega more directly to have answer and I stumble constantly with that kind of shit lmao

Im talking about situations, not insulting people

This is why JP had lots of doubt to bring their stuff here, seriously, everyone just shoot at anybody for whatever reasons

i provide the ACTUAL DEFINITION of censorship

I'm just going to be "that guy" to this "that guy" and point out that what you did was dumped a google search with the first two results coming from Wikipedia instead of citing a dictionary directly.

@Mattwo7 said in The North American Localization team sucks.:

i provide the ACTUAL DEFINITION of censorship

I'm just going to be "that guy" to this "that guy" and point out that what you did was dumped a google search with the first two results coming from Wikipedia instead of citing a dictionary directly.

Ohhhh im sorry you couldnt scroll down. My apologies. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/censorship?utm_campaign=sd&utm_medium=serp&utm_source=jsonld

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/censoring

That better for you? Seeing as both webster and wikipedia say the same thing?

People get overemotional about stuff all the time. I might try my best to go with logic but even I sometimes let my emotions get the better of me (as I'm sure some of the emotionally driven people on these forums would be FAR to happy to attest (but not admit that they're letting their own emotions get the better of them) >.>).

I think the most vocal of us are all guilty of it. I lost my cool when I saw people bragging about the FTC complaint, since I thought it was really petty.

Also, I just wanna say: @Dragon-Cloud @Mattwo7 you don't have to invest your time in arguing with someone that's going to talk down to you like that. You can still engage if you want to, but you're both cool so I wanted to voice that.

@ApollosAmour said in The North American Localization team sucks.:

I think the most vocal of us are all guilty of it. I lost my cool when I saw people bragging about the FTC complaint, since I thought it was really petty.

Also, I just wanna say: @Dragon-Cloud @Mattwo7 you don't have to invest your time in arguing with someone that's going to talk down to you like that. You can still engage if you want to, but you're both cool so I wanted to voice that.

Funny you say that cause Dragon talks down to people quite often, and Matt tried to make it seem as if the definition i posted wasnt valid because of where its from. Yet both sites listed said the same thing.

But yeah im the one talking down to them. Oke dude