The North American Localization team sucks.

@DDDDLife said in The North American Localization team sucks.:

I fail to see or even understand how most of you keep pulling out all this debacle over other games that were not censored. What exactly does any of it have to do with PSO2 Exactly? None of it does! , This conjecture of your continued rebuttal is pointless at this point. Why did they censor PSO2... Um HEEELLLLOOO?!!! For one thing, ( Which is pretty obvious at this point), To remove Complete Nudity, RIght? Can anyone else see that, Or are you all going to continue to be in this gross state of denial?

All of sudden, now most of you want an official explanation, As to why the game was censored? Seriously? Are you perhaps those same type of self-entitled individuals who go out and also want an explanation from your local Starbucks barista because the caramel frappuccino isn't made the same? And even perhaps you will demand that you want an official explanation from the company's owner? This is all quite laughable, Actually , Because it's starting to sound like all the remnants of when certain individuals Demanded "official" explanations as to why 'Ship 04' was not online. ALong with all those rebuttals , and reasonings as to why they deserved an official explanation.

If people wanted complete nudity they can easily download it and put it in so your point here misses annything said and is invalid. I repeat it is revealing outfits and not nudity.

Nobody complaining here is a self entitled individual and I will mention you have the option to ignore this thread if you don't want to see it but don't expect people to stop because you tell them to.

Capture1.PNG

@YagyuChan said in The North American Localization team sucks.:

I fail to see or even understand how most of you keep pulling out all this debacle over other games that were not censored. What exactly does any of it have to do with PSO2 Exactly? None of it does! , This conjecture of your continued rebuttal is pointless at this point. Why did they censor PSO2... Um HEEELLLLOOO?!!! For one thing, ( Which is pretty obvious at this point), To remove Complete Nudity, RIght? Can anyone else see that, Or are you all going to continue to be in this gross state of denial?

All of sudden, now most of you want an official explanation, As to why the game was censored? Seriously? Are you perhaps those same type of self-entitled individuals who go out and also want an explanation from your local Starbucks barista because the caramel frappuccino isn't made the same? And even perhaps you will demand that you want an official explanation from the company's owner? This is all quite laughable, Actually , Because it's starting to sound like all the remnants of when certain individuals Demanded "official" explanations as to why 'Ship 04' was not online. ALong with all those rebuttals , and reasonings as to why they deserved an official explanation.

If people wanted complete nudity they can easily download it and put it in so your point here misses annything said and is invalid.

Nobody complaining here is a self entitled individual and will mention you have the option to ignore this thread if you don't want to see it but don't expect people to stop because you tell them to.

Capture1.PNG

Ah.. Good try though, However no where does my conjecture say specifically to just stop, halt, cease and desist.

It does however, try to give a certain reasoning as to why this conjecture is pointless, Right? Some people don't like hearing It, I completely agree with what you stated, but - It's a double sided coin my friend, Conjecture is never single sided.

If people wanted complete nudity they can easily download it and put it in so your point here misses annything said and is invalid.

Nobody complaining here is a self entitled individual and will mention you have the option to ignore this thread if you don't want to see it but don't expect people to stop because you tell them to.

Capture1.PNG

Ah.. Good try though, However no where does my conjecture say specifically to just stop, halt, cease and desist.

It does however, try to give a certain reasoning as to why this conjecture is pointless, Right? Some people don't like hearing It, I completely agree with what you stated, but - It's a double sided coin my friend, Conjecture is never single sided.

I agree it is what makes a good discussion while I simply dispute your points you do likewise which is constructive and positive. I have misread the desist part and apologise for it.

Capture1.PNG

I agree it is what makes a good discussion while I simply dispute your points you do likewise which is constructive and positive. I have misread the desist part and apologise for it.

No sweat . It's All Good . ^^

The reason I'm saying that it's not going to happen is because its been documented or are you going to ignore that as well?

I'm still waiting the documentation. 9 hours have passed and you still haven't provided me with anything. I begin to think that does not exist, you invented something to go against me for no reason, just your sport.

@KrinostheMartyr said in The North American Localization team sucks.:

With the censorship of removed items, removed plot points, and general laziness with item descriptions, many translation errors and content that should have been in game by now such as Astracite exchange shops, the SEGA localization team has failed the North American Audience.

As many players have protested so far, and expressed anger about, the team needs to be replaced by someone who isn't some fat hamster from Tumblr looking to make everything politically correct with sheer laziness and disrespect for the game that many have played even before the North American launch. Please SEGA, fire your localization team and/or replace them with someone who can do a better job, who can show passion towards a great game that has had an unfortunate botched launch on the Windows store. If you continue to employ them, they WILL ruin the game inside and out in the coming future.

Censorship is wrong, and it'll ruin future endeavors that SEGA has in North America by keeping their game's foothold in an American audience. Future sales will be censored, and/or not included in the game. Things like PSO2es will be censored, and will potentially ruin your potential mobile userbase, which will also heavily impact your in-game sales as alot of sales in Japan are oriented towards the relationship of PSO2es and the main game.

You have the power to make this stop before it gets any worse, even yet, you can fix the wrong that has been commited so far by your lazy localization team. I do not care for those protecting or defending them for the damage they have caused for the game. I'm just putting this out there;

DO THE RIGHT THING, AND REPLACE THEM!

Shame on you.

@Emmerson-T-Kenny said in The North American Localization team sucks.:

The reason I'm saying that it's not going to happen is because its been documented or are you going to ignore that as well?

I'm still waiting the documentation. 9 hours have passed and you still haven't provided me with anything. I begin to think that does not exist, you invented something to go against me for no reason, just your sport.

• SIGH* Rolls Eyes* Seriously?

Alright, Here goes. :

The Official Documentation that you seek , Is perhaps official word from the Dev giving specifics as to why changes were made, Correct? However, Documentation can also be described as "Mere changes" that exist , Those that you already see and are very notable. You already know what these changes are and as to why they were made, So, Why do you persist into having an "Official" explanation when it's not needed? As to why? Well my friend The TOS say it clear as day :

"IMPORTANT - READ CAREFULLY: BY INSTALLING, OPENING, COPYING AND/OR OTHERWISE USING THIS PRODUCT YOU HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE, ACCEPT AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT (INCLUDING ANY AND ALL SCHEDULES ANNEXED TO THIS AGREEMENT). SEGA RESERVES THE RIGHT TO AMEND OR MODIFY THIS AGREEMENT AT ANY TIME, IN ANY MANNER, WITHOUT ANY LIABILITY TO SEGA AND AT SEGA’S SOLE DISCRETION. THIS AGREEMENT, AS AMENDED FROM TIME TO TIME AND PUBLISHED AT https://pso2.com/terms-and-conditions?language=US ".. Need I say more?

Alright, Here goes. :

The Official Documentation that you seek , Is perhaps official word from the Dev giving specifics as to why changes were made, Correct? However, Documentation can also be described as "Mere changes" that exist , Those that you already see and are very notable. You already know what these changes are and as to why they were made, So, Why do you persist into having an "Official" explanation when it's not needed? As to why? Well my friend The TOS say it clear as day :

"IMPORTANT - READ CAREFULLY: BY INSTALLING, OPENING, COPYING AND/OR OTHERWISE USING THIS PRODUCT YOU HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE, ACCEPT AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT (INCLUDING ANY AND ALL SCHEDULES ANNEXED TO THIS AGREEMENT). SEGA RESERVES THE RIGHT TO AMEND OR MODIFY THIS AGREEMENT AT ANY TIME, IN ANY MANNER, WITHOUT ANY LIABILITY TO SEGA AND AT SEGA’S SOLE DISCRETION. THIS AGREEMENT, AS AMENDED FROM TIME TO TIME AND PUBLISHED AT https://pso2.com/terms-and-conditions?language=US ".. Need I say more?

Yes. You haven't told me anything yet, plus I don't know why the changes were made. What does TOS have to do with it now? The TOS is clearly a pile of stuff that doesn't even have anything to do with the game, like the part about Denuvo. Please, I want to know more about it. I'm really curious.

Alright, Here goes. :

Yes. You haven't told me anything yet, plus I don't know why the changes were made. What does TOS have to do with it now? The TOS is clearly a pile of stuff that doesn't even have anything to do with the game, like the part about Denuvo. Please, I want to know more about it.

I don't believe this? Are you saying that the TOS has NOTHING to do with this? Well then, I have already paved a path before you, You have yet to walk it, Or you can just merely ignore it. I did what I could.

My two cents here is you are both correct in this case while this can be construed as SEGA having the right to change and modify the game which includes the aforementioned censorship it also can be argued that updates also change and modify the game too so both people are correct here.

Having a right to a certain action doesn't mean that action is automatically justified, moral or free of scrutiny when it's not favored by related parties. Under capitalism a customer not only has a right to voice his dissatisfaction with aspects of a product, but is morally obligated to do so as it is something that benefits both the customer and the company, for it's in its best interest to preserve and attract customers as much as possible.

Anyone complaining about other people using the forum for its intended purpose is being deliberately regressive. Bringing TOS into this is especially moronic, because, just as much as SEGA has a right to change product as they see fit, they also have a right to change it when they change their mind after seeing customer feedback, and that's exactly when that right comes in handy the most

@uB said in The North American Localization team sucks.:

Having a right to a certain action doesn't mean that action is automatically justified, moral or free of scrutiny when it's not favored by related parties. Under capitalism a customer not only has a right to voice his dissatisfaction with aspects of a product, but is morally obligated to do so as it is something that benefits both the customer and the company, for it's in its best interest to preserve and attract customers as much as possible.

Anyone complaining about other people using the forum for its intended purpose is being deliberately regressive. Bringing TOS into this is especially moronic, because, just as much as SEGA has a right to change product as they see fit, they also have a right to change it when they change their mind after seeing customer feedback, and that's exactly when that right comes in handy the most

Completely true, BUT and this is a big BUT, Before you do anything , the sense is that you completely agree and also further agree to be bound by the terms rules and changes as the company sees fit , Mind you this is before you do anything of the sort before even installing or even playing the game.

As a customer, Yes you have certain rights, although you may think that it's moronic in your own fashion, But in reality , It's not. Mind you , this is all laid out before you , before you do anything of the sort. It's as clear as day, if you do not like it, or digress from the fact that changes made, However subtle they may have been, Does not give you any authority , Customer or otherwise to say what goes and what stays. It's really naive to think so otherwise.

Nobody is asking anyone to make them a president of SEGA just because they're playing this game. I see absolutely no other way why you'd be so antagonistic to anyone criticizing the game other than thinking they feel entitled to be some kind of absolute ruler just because they have opinions and talk about them, and think that it matters enough to be taken note of.

One is not entitled to have a change implemented for them just because they complained once. That much is obvious. That, however, doesn't mean that complaining is literally useless and not supposed to happen at all. There are good suggestions, there are bad suggestions, there are popular ones, there are controversial ones. It's up to SEGA to listen and see what truly matters, and it's up to people to hold discussions, create visibility and provide arguments that may affect their decision. And it's up to people who don't like certain kinds of discussions to just... not participate in them, add them to ignore lists, not visit relevant subforums - whichever applies. You aren't entitled to other people not bringing up topics you personally don't like either

@uB said in The North American Localization team sucks.:

Nobody is asking anyone to make them a president of SEGA just because they're playing this game. I see absolutely no other way why you'd be so antagonistic to anyone criticizing the game other than thinking they feel entitled to be some kind of absolute ruler just because they have opinions and talk about them, and think that it matters enough to be taken note of.

they're not criticizing the game, they re criticizing a bunch of people who put work on it, demand and force change because of weird and somehow vague ideas. Some included because of reject of changes or censorship... and a very small part of them, to know the reason of those changes and how, since the choice has been mostly on the hand of the dev's and creator itself.

"North American Loc team sucks" is anything but Not a game critic at all. So yes, the title and its premise is totally self entilted and without trace of any respect and care for the devs, and the game itself.

Want people to take you seriously, and the devs included? start by being respectful and mature without any kind of kink commited. Then try to talk to them by means that are actually better than insulting on a small forum.

I'm not a fan of asshole style either, but a lot of people here (on this forum in general and this thread in particuar) have been mature enough, and yet the usual "anti-complainers" would come after them all the same, as if the act of complaining itself is already offensive. Even then, OP is not trying to instigate a witch hunt against any particular employees (for the record, yes, employees have nothing to do with this, it's all on the company). Misguided, misinformed, even explicitly rude complaints are still a sign that something might be wrong, more reasonable people might share these concerns and it's up to the other posters to show in which way exactly OP is an idiot.

Customers not knowing what they're talking about is normal. It's why we have specialists in all kinds of fields doing work for others at all - so that people don't have to know everything. People can still tell that something is wrong, though. In game development it's common especially - even entire playerbases might think that, say, some weapons or attacks might be underpowered, even if dev statistics say otherwise, and complaints would go away after a minor animation adjustment without touching any damage numbers