The North American Localization team sucks.

@ApollosAmour said in The North American Localization team sucks.:

@XenoBladeX37645 said in The North American Localization team sucks.:

Wait what? how does not checking someone about their like of lolis mean we arent willing to back our own arguments by policing each other? That makes zero sense. I dont control what anyone on here does or says nor is it my responsibility to. I back up what i say and what others say when its things i agree with. The people who go off the rails? Thats on them. No matter what side youre on.

You just described it. If the argument isn't about loli or shota and it's about censorship, then it's up to everyone to make sure that it stays on topic. If loli and shota comments are causing people to be accused of being pedophiles, it's especially important. If nobody who sides with them is willing to reign it in or talk with them about why it's off-topic, then nothing is going to change and it's going to tank your argument.

I would do it, but I've tried countless times and it usually falls on deaf ears. Having someone they aren't immediately turned off by talk to them about it (i.e. the "anti" side (still hate those terms lol)) might turn things around drastically and strengthen your argument. That's how self-policing tends to work.

yet most of the people here whove been called a pedo n such (myself included) havent expressed any like for lolis or shotas. I dont see people on the pro side reigning those accusations in. I dont see folks on the anti side throwing out accusations n slandering people like that. These threads dont get confrontational (most times) until someone of the pro side steps in and says something. So its effectively being done on both sides. I dont have to self police adults. Not my job, never will be. Not sure why you hate the terms pro (for) and anti (against), but you do you

You arent tracking and it shows...please point to where i said this particular thread is suppose to be here?

I'm glad you agree and have faith in these people that they will understand why the game was censored if it is ever reviled one day.

im still waiting for you to point out where i said this thread was suppose to be here.

I'm going off the assumption you believe it shouldn't be here.... am I right?

gods be operative

yet most of the people here whove been called a pedo n such (myself included) havent expressed any like for lolis or shotas. I dont see people on the pro side reigning those accusations in. I dont see folks on the anti side throwing out accusations n slandering people like that. These threads dont get confrontational (most times) until someone of the pro side steps in and says something. So its effectively being done on both sides. I dont have to self police adults. Not my job, never will be. Not sure why you hate the terms pro (for) and anti (against), but you do you

I don't police posts I tend to side with. By choosing not to say anything or defend people who mirror your concerns that bring loli and shota into the conversation, you create the image that you agree with it. It's just how it works. If you don't care about that, then you shouldn't care about the backlash.

Firestarters vary. I can probably think of just as many examples where it's not started by someone against reverting the changes, but we're too deep into it now for any of that to matter. It's always going to start up regardless.

I dislike "pro" and "anti" because it's not really about censorship as a whole. It all boils down to our take on two subjects: the height limit and the EP4 content. There are those of us that are in favor of that change and those of us that aren't. The wording makes it seem as if it's much bigger than that or that one side is more just than the other, which simply isn't true. Obviously "pro" or "anti censorship" rolls off the tongue easier than "for" or "against restoring the height limit and altered/cut EP4 content", but I still don't like it.

@ApollosAmour said in The North American Localization team sucks.:

I don't police posts I tend to side with. By choosing not to say anything or defend people who mirror your concerns that bring loli and shota into the conversation, you create the image that you agree with it. It's just how it works. If you don't care about that, then you shouldn't care about the backlash.

Firestarters vary. I can probably think of just as many examples where it's not started by someone against reverting the changes, but we're too deep into it now for any of that to matter. It's always going to start up regardless.

I dislike "pro" and "anti" because it's not really about censorship as a whole. It all boils down to our take on two subjects: the height limit and the EP4 content. There are those of us that are in favor of that change and those of us that aren't. The wording makes it seem as if it's much bigger than that or that one side is more just than the other, which simply isn't true. Obviously "pro" or "anti censorship" rolls off the tongue easier than "for" or "against restoring the height limit and altered/cut EP4 content", but I still don't like it.

Correction. I dont create an image. An image is created by others. Silence doesnt equal agreement or anything of the sort. I can tell you right now things derail because of those against the anti censor folks far more than the other side.

And those terms are used exactly how they should be. Youre the one making it bigger than it needs to be. Altered height and cut scenes is censorship. Those who support it and want it to stay this way are thus pro censorship in this case. Those who dont support it are anti censorship. Call it like it is.

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed if ive not said it should you have no grounds to assume I feel it should. Dont inject what you think into what im saying, especially when ive not said it myself.

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed if ive not said it should you have no grounds to assume I feel it should. Dont inject what you think into what im saying, especially when ive not said it myself.

Why are you avoiding answering? It is a literal yes or no answer. You have faith in these people making these threads and surely they are adult enough to know where suggestions go. I totally wouldn't expect them to subject whatever reason we get to immediate criticism.

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed said in The North American Localization team sucks.:

Why are you avoiding answering? It is a literal yes or no answer. You have faith in these people making these threads and surely they are adult enough to know where suggestions go. I totally wouldn't expect them to subject whatever reason we get to immediate criticism.

Lol you still have yet to show me where i said this thread belongs here (after asking multiple times). So if anyone is avoiding something here its you. Ive already answered your question in many ways. If thats not enough for you then oh well.

Lol you still have yet to show me where i said this thread belongs here (after asking multiple times). So if anyone is avoiding something here its you. Ive already answered your question in many ways. If thats not enough for you then oh well.

This is all I needed to know, thank you!

Correction. I dont create an image. An image is created by others. Silence doesnt equal agreement or anything of the sort. I can tell you right now things derail because of those against the anti censor folks far more than the other side.

And those terms are used exactly how they should be. Youre the one making it bigger than it needs to be. Altered height and cut scenes is censorship. Those who support it and want it to stay this way are thus pro censorship in this case. Those who dont support it are anti censorship. Call it like it is.

I don't know what to tell you then. I've said all I can on the matter without going in circles. We're just gonna have to agree to disagree.

No censorships. No cutting corners. Simple as that. And nerf everything too so more people buy AC stuff.

@Pulptenks What do you mean by "nerf" in regards to AC? If you mean prices, they are already fair enough. It's actually the most fair I've seen in a monetized game in fact. Lowering prices would eat into SEGA's bottom line, and that isn't something they would be on-board with. Hell, I'm not on-board with it, considering their bottom line is what keeps support for the game going.

I'm with you on the censorship part, but you lose me on the rest.

Can we stop talking about the fuckin "censorship" already, 10 guys forum goin on over and over, must be a pain in the ass to be a Mod here.

"gamers" dont have lolis and "waifus" for avatars.

@Dragon-Cloud said in The North American Localization team sucks.:

Can we stop talking about the fuckin "censorship" already, 10 guys forum goin on over and over, must be a pain in the ass to be a Mod here.

Some, very few, have been outraged by having the word "Slave" in the game. Why are they welcomed and we are not? Why is it easier for the game to be censored again than to remove the censorship completely and universally make the entire game more enjoyable for the majority?

By removing the censorship, everything will be fine.

@Emmerson-T-Kenny said in The North American Localization team sucks.:

@Dragon-Cloud said in The North American Localization team sucks.:

Some, very few, have been outraged by having the word "Slave" in the game. Why are they welcomed and we are not? Why is it easier for the game to be censored again than to remove the censorship completely and universally make the entire game more enjoyable for the majority?

By removing the censorship, everything will be fine.

I completely understand your point of view, however- Pushing this issue until you would hope to be in your favor and as your so called "majority", The fact of the matter is - It's not going to happen, Period. By then lifting this measure one has assumed on many occasions that the perversion would definitely go into overdrive. There are several reasons why this isn't going to happen, even if you give me comparisons to other games, Let's just be clear here, That is merely comparing apples to Oranges nothing more and has no conjecture whatsoever for PSO2.

Now then, I can give Hundreds if not THOUSANDS of reasons why it's NOT going to happen, but instead It should suffice with just one.

The problem exists that even though this is a M rated game , This seems to fall thru the cracks, As a more younger audience has access to PSO2, Therefore, with that in mind, Its really the concerns of those who are worried to expose this audience to these type of things. But, for whatever reason, you are going to pull out some rebuttal into giving me comparisons and even other versions of this game, Like i said, It's not going to happen.

@DDDDLife

Why games like Call of Duty are not censored too? It's one of the most popular game for kids. Rating M just like PSO2. Kids also have access to games like The Last of Us Part 2, which have both violent and explicitly sexual content.

They say that children have to be protected, but the truth is that they are all hypocrites, and the reality that only Japanese games are censored so much.

I think the PSO2 censorship is not necessary, it should be removed, and this can happen. You cannot say this will not happen because you are only relying on the present, you cannot know the future.