Poll: Would you like to have character height restrictions restored?

@Archetype-Luna said in Poll: Would you like to have character height restrictions restored?:

@IfrianMMO I wouldn't say the matter is settled. Other games have backtracked on censorship, such as Tera with Elins. Changes don't happen over night.

An in game poll can work as the alts can be negated by the sheer number of players. There is also the option to limit it to one vote per IP or Mac address; it should be possible to check what IP addresses an account has used in the past if going that route. Obviously limit it to accounts before the poll was implemented and perhaps add a level requirement of 50 or 70.

@Scerms77 Some people would prefer to play the version that they are meant to play (technically is against the ToS to play JP outside of Japan, even if Sega turns a blind eye to it). Some people want to support the global version with monetary purchases but can't do so in good conscience with the current state of the game (I am in this boat). There are also some fears of the censorship affecting JP somehow, like it may affect NGS somehow. So plenty of reasons why some people continue to fight against censorship.

You dont have to fear to act against TOS, there are thousands of non-jp players who play the jp version of this game. So if its all so bad and you cant make your purchases in good consience, just play the jp version. Its all good there and you dont have to worry about the bad NA version anymore.

@Archetype-Luna said in Poll: Would you like to have character height restrictions restored?:

@IfrianMMO I wouldn't say the matter is settled. Other games have backtracked on censorship, such as Tera with Elins. Changes don't happen over night.

An in game poll can work as the alts can be negated by the sheer number of players. There is also the option to limit it to one vote per IP or Mac address; it should be possible to check what IP addresses an account has used in the past if going that route. Obviously limit it to accounts before the poll was implemented and perhaps add a level requirement of 50 or 70.

The thing is, this is not as big of a deal as you people pretend it to be.

The ones crying for an end to the censorship are always the same 5 or 6 users, it´s such a minuscule and ridiculously small part of the community that quite frankly, is barely worth consideration.

We also know that Tera is pretty much Elin Online and that all of their revenue comes from that race, so them doing that as their MMORPG makes less and less money every passing month, has nothing to do with Sega changing the censorship because the same gaggle of malcontents cannot take no for an answer and spam so much they need their threads closed on the daily:

Apples and oranges.

Unfortunately console players don't have that option.

Somewhat of a leading poll... question is very vague and frames global negatively, then "Yes" is a very positive answer whereas "No" is a somewhat indifferent answer.

Should have been asked like this (assuming 2 options):

"Do you believe that the minimum height restriction on PSO2 Global should be removed?" "Yes" "No"

Also I suppose I will use this forum post to mention there are no maximum height restrictions which gets thrown around a lot, not so sure where this came from because all my characters are max on the sliders and I've had no issues.

@Matt said in Poll: Would you like to have character height restrictions restored?:

Somewhat of a leading poll... question is very vague and frames global negatively, then "Yes" is a very positive answer whereas "No" is a somewhat indifferent answer.

Should have been asked like this (assuming 2 options):

"Do you believe that the minimum height restriction on PSO2 Global should be removed?" "Yes" "No"

Also I suppose I will use this forum post to mention there are no maximum height restrictions which gets thrown around a lot, not so sure where this came from because all my characters are max on the sliders and I've had no issues.

It´s an extremely leading poll, which has also been cheated on, because all it mattered is to get the "YES"

The whole issue is that people want to make lolis and shotas and they are no longer able to.

They will spin the wheel and claim that it´s about "morals" and "creativity" and "having a reduced creative ability in comparison to JP players" but when push comes to shove, what they want is to make lolis/shotas.

Oh yeah, and have a bath-scene in which two teenage girls grope a pre-pubescent little boy in the shower.

All very wholesome /sarcasmoff.

@Scerms77 It's more I WANT to support the Global version. Like I want to throw several thousands of dollars at it. Also, holding a fear of the ToS is legitimate because all it takes is one higher up changing their mind, thinking people would happily move onto the global version.

@IfrianMMO There are more than 5-6 people if you check the suggestions section. Plus if you check the censored gaming video on youtube:

https://youtu.be/fI01Cg6IbL8

There are quite a bit of people against it. Sure it is still small compared to the total population, but it does show that it is more than just a few people. My comment on the video, informing people that they should consider sending a support ticket on the matter has gotten over a hundred likes.

Also, from your description of the first scene, it does not seem like you watched it. Al thrashes about because he's blindfolded as Hitsugi bathes him, and he accidentally grabs Kohri's breast without knowing what he did, Kohri responds with not minding it, and Hitsugi calls them out on their behavior (Kohri's multiple times).

Second and third scenes actually hold a lot of character development and detail on character relationships, such as Enga and Och having feelings for each other (they are only 1 year apart in age, Enga is 17 and Och is 18; potentially, they are 18 and 19 by the time of the cutscene).

Other games have done far worse; I'd even argue that Kohri's outfit as a disciple is far more erotic than the cutscenes combined.

@Scerms77 It's more I WANT to support the Global version. Like I want to throw several thousands of dollars at it. Also, holding a fear of the ToS is legitimate because all it takes is one higher up changing their mind, thinking people would happily move onto the global version.

@IfrianMMO There are more than 5-6 people if you check the suggestions section. Plus if you check the censored gaming video on youtube:

https://youtu.be/fI01Cg6IbL8

There are quite a bit of people against it. Sure it is still small compared to the total population, but it does show that it is more than just a few people. My comment on the video, informing people that they should consider sending a support ticket on the matter has gotten over a hundred likes.

Also, from your description of the first scene, it does not seem like you watched it. Al thrashes about because he's blindfolded as Hitsugi bathes him, and he accidentally grabs Kohri's breast without knowing what he did, Kohri responds with not minding it, and Hitsugi calls them out on their behavior (Kohri's multiple times).

Second and third scenes actually hold a lot of character development and detail on character relationships, such as Enga and Och having feelings for each other (they are only 1 year apart in age, Enga is 17 and Och is 18; potentially, they are 18 and 19 by the time of the cutscene).

Other games have done far worse; I'd even argue that Kohri's outfit as a disciple is far more erotic than the cutscenes combined.

It´s a bit concerning that you think that your explanation of that scene is a positive defense.

@IfrianMMO I am explaining it because two girls groping a young boy is far worse and is a false description. Honestly, the scene is nothing new for an anime styled game. Many other games go way further. The game is rated M.

Next yall gonna wanna be able to play as embryos.

@Valinda I mean, that would mean we would be too small to see. Who knows, maybe we can go chest burster on someone.

"Hello, I have a loli as my avatar. Please vote in my leading poll to prove to Sega we just want the height restriction and censorship gone so we can experience the TRUE story and gameplay. This is the poll that will overturn the stigma, unlike those 20+ other posts that have been locked/deleted."

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed I think it is a good thing people are being vocal about it. I mean, it brings more attention to it so more people may send support tickets on the matter. It is not impossible for censorship to be reversed; other games have done it before.

OK OK.. everyone talks about height restrictions, I 'm just gonna put this out there, What about all those players that want their avatars to have monster sized chests?? I don't hear complaints about that, But heights restrictions?

@DDDDLife I think they are waiting to see if we get the massive breasts accessory, because that's actually a thing.

@DDDDLife You don't hear complaints about that because, as far as I'm aware, the chest sliders are the same between Global and JP version, whereas character height and leg length sliders are not. People don't want a complete lack of limits, they just want the same ones as the original.