Poll: Would you like to have character height restrictions restored?

@Daijobu-chan

To be honest yeah. Like FFXIV having a HEIGHT restriction will be cool to give some identity to the classes.

• Newman: Female 155-165 / Male 165-175
  • Human: Female 160-170/ Male 175-185
  • Cast: Female 165-175 / Male 185-195

Tall shoes should give you 5 CM not more than that.

@Daijobu-chan You mean removed right? The wording of this is off, as there are already restrictions in place.

Edit: The actual poll is worded better, but the thread itself might need some adjustments. Either way, if it's just for fun, as stated earlier, it probably won't matter much.

@CrAZYVIC Adding in restrictions, further than what we already have in place, would even further limit player individuality on character customization. I don't really agree with your opinion, but I respect that it's yours.

@CrAZYVIC said in Poll: Would you like to have character height restrictions restored?:

@Daijobu-chan

To be honest yeah. Like FFXIV having a HEIGHT restriction will be cool to give some identity to the classes.

• Newman: Female 155-165 / Male 165-175
  • Human: Female 160-170/ Male 175-185
  • Cast: Female 165-175 / Male 185-195

Tall shoes should give you 5 CM not more than that.

OK.

My Dewman Female is 168 and Io?Maybe 145?

The same rules should apply to NPC of the same Race.

@thenameless said in Poll: Would you like to have character height restrictions restored?:

The same rules should apply to NPC of the same Race.

I doubt his idea will even get traction, as his previous idea in another thread, has been met with negative reviews, and this idea of yours is just as bad as his. The game has already been changed more than enough, and if anything those changes shouldn't have happened in the first place. I don't agree with your idea, or his, because both ideas, mean that the game wasn't good enough. It's been in existence 8+ years, and as such, I want the same experience that other players had since long before me.

I can tell you wich side would win, if you added a third option :

"I dont care at all"

@Scerms77 Yeah, the current wording is a bit leading. Honestly, I would have gone with four options:

1. Yes, I want the minimum height restriction removed so I can make a shorter character.
  2. Yes, I want the minimum height restriction removed, but I will not personally make use of it.
  3. No, I don't want the minimum height restriction removed.
  4. I have no opinion on the minimum height restriction being removed or kept.

I think that would better reflect the opinions on the issue since it also includes those who oppose changes between the JPN and EN versions even if they don't personal care to make shorter characters, and those who really just do not care one way or the other.

This would be conclusive as one who is born short and then wants a "Do-Over"! LOL

Why is this even an issue??? WTH?

I think you need to read the TOS carefully :

"IMPORTANT - READ CAREFULLY: BY INSTALLING, OPENING, COPYING AND/OR OTHERWISE USING THIS PRODUCT YOU HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE, ACCEPT AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT (INCLUDING ANY AND ALL SCHEDULES ANNEXED TO THIS AGREEMENT). SEGA RESERVES THE RIGHT TO AMEND OR MODIFY THIS AGREEMENT AT ANY TIME, IN ANY MANNER, WITHOUT ANY LIABILITY TO SEGA AND AT SEGA’S SOLE DISCRETION. THIS AGREEMENT, AS AMENDED FROM TIME TO TIME AND PUBLISHED AT https://pso2.com/terms-and-conditions?language=US "...

I checked some of the commonly used proxies currently on proxy lists and a non-small amount of votes on the "yes" side (and a smaller amount on the no side) were done with proxies, which means one person voting many times.

Which means, like most online polls, this is invalid and worthless. Sorry.

@Lemon-Sama said in Poll: Would you like to have character height restrictions restored?:

I voted. And shame on you folks for being so aggressive and negative towards the OP for a simple poll. You can still be respectful even if you disagree.

Well, as Aida Enna has proved, people did indeed cheat as we claimed they would, thus making this poll invalid, so perhaps we were not being "aggressive and negative" as much as we were being realistic.

Online polls are extremely easy to manipulate, which is simply what were pointing out, despite the OP´s many denials and claims of this poll´s invincibility against tampering.

The only real solution is if SEGA does the pool and made it once per account... and said account has to be at least 1 month old to avoid the problem of multiple accounts of one person.

@Frost-Soar said in Poll: Would you like to have character height restrictions restored?:

The only real solution is if SEGA does the pool and made it once per account... and said account has to be at least 1 month old to avoid the problem of multiple accounts of one person.

And even that would not really work as a lot of the forum´s trolls and more aggressive posters have scores of alt accounts, some of which are very well known.

In the end there is no need for a "poll" to begin with, the matter is settled by now, and new posts about it get locked by the mods for a reason.

@IfrianMMO said in Poll: Would you like to have character height restrictions restored?:

@Frost-Soar said in Poll: Would you like to have character height restrictions restored?:

And even that would not really work as a lot of the forum´s trolls and more aggressive posters have scores of alt accounts, some of which are very well known.

In the end there is no need for a "poll" to begin with, the matter is settled by now, and new posts about it get locked by the mods for a reason.

Absolutely right. I dont get why people cry over this topic all the time. This game is FREE to play, if you dont like it, just dont play it!!! You are also free to play the japanese version, so what is this all about?

@IfrianMMO I wouldn't say the matter is settled. Other games have backtracked on censorship, such as Tera with Elins. Changes don't happen over night.

An in game poll can work as the alts can be negated by the sheer number of players. There is also the option to limit it to one vote per IP or Mac address; it should be possible to check what IP addresses an account has used in the past if going that route. Obviously limit it to accounts before the poll was implemented and perhaps add a level requirement of 50 or 70.

@Scerms77 Some people would prefer to play the version that they are meant to play (technically is against the ToS to play JP outside of Japan, even if Sega turns a blind eye to it). Some people want to support the global version with monetary purchases but can't do so in good conscience with the current state of the game (I am in this boat). There are also some fears of the censorship affecting JP somehow, like it may affect NGS somehow. So plenty of reasons why some people continue to fight against censorship.

@Archetype-Luna That one is good too