Poll: Would you like to have character height restrictions restored?

https://strawpoll.com/9uc9rpxqe

I have setup a strawpoll which is essentially a little thing where you can vote. There are two options you can either say you support the restoring of this option or you can decline it.

This thread isn't one for hardcore debates and arguing, it's more of to get an idea of the feedback of the community.

Thanks. πŸ™‚

I do not see how this poll would be representative considering that a very small part of the community actually visits the forum.

@IfrianMMO said in Poll: Would you like to have character height restrictions restored?:

I do not see how this poll would be representative considering that a very small part of the community actually visits the forum.

Well you could say that about any post here! ahaha. It's fine it's not meant to be perfect. Just to see what people might think around these parts. πŸ™‚

These polls can easily be manipulated and voted multiple times just with a bit of background work, so all it takes is one ill intentioned person to completely screw this over.

@IfrianMMO said in Poll: Would you like to have character height restrictions restored?:

These polls can easily be manipulated and voted multiple times just with a bit of background work, so all it takes is one ill intentioned person to completely screw this over.

Oh not at all. This site blocks multiple IPs, multiple choices. It's safe. πŸ™‚

@Daijobu-chan It's really easy to get past that. IP addresses can be spoofed pretty easily.

@Archetype-Luna said in Poll: Would you like to have character height restrictions restored?:

@Daijobu-chan It's really easy to get past that. IP addresses can be spoofed pretty easily.

So can creating a account for this forum! Nothing is infallable ahaha. πŸ™‚

@Daijobu-chan said in Poll: Would you like to have character height restrictions restored?:

@Archetype-Luna said in Poll: Would you like to have character height restrictions restored?:

The point is that no matter the result this is completely pointless as you cannot prove someone did not vote multiple times until their side won.

ThereΒ΄s even bots available to cheat on this kind of sites, you can find one literally within the first google search about it, and what is worse, this poll can potentilaly start the fight all over again, either in this thread or a new thread made with the "result" of the poll.

@Daijobu-chan said in Poll: Would you like to have character height restrictions restored?:

The point is that no matter the result this is completely pointless as you cannot prove someone did not vote multiple times until their side won.

ThereΒ΄s even bots available to cheat on this kind of sites, you can find one literally within the first google search about it, and what is worse, this poll can potentilaly start the fight all over again, either in this thread or a new thread made with the "result" of the poll.

Enough with this nonsense. It's a simple poll, nothing fishy is going on.

I voted. And shame on you folks for being so aggressive and negative towards the OP for a simple poll. You can still be respectful even if you disagree.

If SEGA hasn't done anything about it so far, then they're not going to at all.

@JC said in Poll: Would you like to have character height restrictions restored?:

If SEGA hasn't done anything about it so far, then they're not going to at all.

Hey if they do or don't I'm fine! Just would like to see. Btw TERA Online reversed certain things regarding Elin's launch a year later. So I consider it possible!

Either way, I'd say it's more likely they won't change it. πŸ™‚

@Lemon-Sama I'm just saying that we need to be wary of it. Though I did just noticed that this is strawpoll.com and not strawpoll.me.

@JC I wouldn't say that. Feedback often takes a while to get to them as they have to be translated into Japanese first. Plus, if they for some reason, decide to switch to a Unified Service, like that of FFXIV, then they would likely have to remove things like the height restrictions as a Unified Service would make the height restrictions moot since with a Unified Service you would be able to just make a character on the Japanese servers, under the global limit, and just transfer them over.

Other games have reversed censorship, like Tera with Elins, so it is possible. Defeatism never accomplished anything.

As long as we consider this for fun I think it is fine. If sega wanted to know how many people are potentially affected then they could just see how many characters are currently set at the minimum height in game, and then it would probably be a subset of that.

The deadline for this poll was set to September 6th 2020, 23:21:22.

I'll post the results when its done in a few days. See ya guys later. πŸ™‚