Klariskrays

This is probably the worst, obnoxious, poorly written character personality thats been written in any Anime.

Not only she is, calling the Protagonist (Me), a bonehead, for no reason or context, with her also having a rather childish demanor too, she is also considered to be part of the Six council appearently.

I think the worst part in that is, she is considered the strongest out of the other members of the council six, so this gives you the idea, that no matter what you do, despite her actions are literaly just plain stupid, childish or wrong, she is get to decide or lead/organise anyway because she is the 'strongest' of them all.

I think the rather suspicious part is, she doesn't seem to be bitter like that towards other character, she is only like that towards the player for some reason.

Not to use this stereotype, but this character is rather indeed, a Mary sue. I do understand that Tsunderes are just there probably for a comedic value, but is it really? It's not really funny, I think this character was rather setup rather to just take the piss of the player and making him want to punch the monitor. She doesn't seem to get better towards the protagonist eitherway as I followed the 1st season, I was just shocked that someone like her is in charge of that Tournament thing in that episode in season 1, how did she climb the ranks so easily despite being an obnoxious brat?

This is, what I call, the definition of a Mary Sue, nothing more. I'm sorry to say this, but I would be more than happy if there was an episode part where she is slaghtered by Falspawn, Dark Faltz or the Profound Darkness, atleast the villains are far more believable characters than this brat.

It all makes sense as you get toward the end of Episode 2. Without major spoilers, let's just say that in-universe, the reason why she is so powerful and part of the Six isn't an accident. Also, she is not tsundere, rather she is just a big ego; in a system where power is one of the most important factors, she sees everyone who isn't at her level (such as Huey and Maria) as beneath her, though not in a necessarily malicious way. She's been told she is the strongest, and to her that is justification for her ego.

For reference, in Japanese she uses the term 貴様 (kisama) when talking to the player, which is a condescending and rude way of addressing someone, reflecting her sense of superiority despite her age (according to the supplemental materials timeline, she was given her place on the Six four years prior to the start of the story, when she 12 years-old.).

@AndrlCh said in Klariskrays:

It all makes sense as you get toward the end of Episode 2. Without major spoilers, let's just say that in-universe, the reason why she is so powerful and part of the Six isn't an accident. Also, she is not tsundere, rather she is just a big ego; in a system where power is one of the most important factors, she sees everyone who isn't at her level (such as Huey and Maria) as beneath her, though not in a necessarily malicious way. She's been told she is the strongest, and to her that is justification for her ego.

For reference, in Japanese she uses the term 貴様 (kisama) when talking to the player, which is a condescending and rude way of addressing someone, reflecting her sense of superiority despite her age (according to the supplemental materials timeline, she was given her place on the Six four years prior to the start of the story, when she 12 years-old.).

At the age of 12!? Yep... Definitely a Mary Sue.

It doesn't matter whether there is gonna be an exposition at the end of episode 2, the fact that she is already all ultimate, perfectly strong, powerful and unbeatable, joined the Council Six and gets to lead and organise it at such extremely young age without being questioned at all, is where it checks all the marks of the Mary-Sue trope; and the failure to make a proper exposition for that from the beginning is also where It's due, because she will be viewed as if she has no flaws to her at all.

but actualy, there is a sub-genre of Mary Sues. On this case, Jerk Sue is the most appropriate term for her; https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/JerkSue

@Charus Here's the thing, not all character information needs to or should be given right at the beginning, especially if it is a major plot reveal or twist. Also, the whole Mary Sue label is a bit reaching here since it implies that she is supposed to be liked or admired in-universe when it is more obvious that she is avoided and at most tolerated because of her position by everyone except Huey, who has more of a brotherly relationship with her, but I guess different interpretations of things are bound to happen person-to-person.

Also, technically, BEST GIRL Huey is the one who organized the ARKS Battle Tournament, with KK acting as his right-hand.

@AndrlCh said in Klariskrays:

@Charus Here's the thing, not all character information needs to or should be given right at the beginning, especially if it is a major plot reveal or twist. Also, the whole Mary Sue label is a bit reaching here since it implies that she is supposed to be liked or admired in-universe when it is more obvious that she is avoided and at most tolerated because of her position by everyone except Huey, who has more of a brotherly relationship with her, but I guess different interpretations of things are bound to happen person-to-person.

Also, technically, BEST GIRL Huey is the one who organized the ARKS Battle Tournament, with KK acting as his right-hand.

It's still pretty terrible character building then. I've already reached Episode 3 so far, she still call me a Bonehead like she played too much Undertale Sans or something.

There is no reason for her to use a Sans pun as an insult on the Protagonist, because the protagonist has nothing to do with her issues in general, there is no reason for her to be towards me like this.

I'm saying this, because she doesn't refer to other characters with this Pun-insult made by Sans the Skeleton, so why do you think this is realistic for her to call only the protagonist that way, when the protagonist has nothing to do with her at all, unlike Sarah.