Solo PFD Strategy - what's yours?

I'm using SU/FI and so far I'm getting 2 minutes out of the S rank with only Jinga and Synchro so I gonna invest in my Holy Hand Grenade Maron to see if I can get the S rank

Ra/Su here. I use Nemesis Shooter and Circuray (From when Level 2 Badges were dropping like crazy on july), i use Rare Drop Rate Tree, and HP Drink so i can take more hits. I just use Blight Bullet + Summoner Mark, Impact Slider and Shotgun Blast, then repeat. On the freaking cars, i just jump and use a PA that makes me rover or stay in the air, because those cars hit a lot. But for the most part, i just dodge and use Impact Slider IFrames for dodging. On PD, i start with Satellite cannon and Photon Blast, and when i need to move Impact Slider and the Shotgun blast PA (Diffusion Round). I play safe (With HP Drink my Hp goes up a lot), and i can do it in 9 minutes. I think if i did go full Damage, i could manage 8 minutes, but i wish to play safe. If i get damaged and i have time to heal, Megiverse or Resta is enough, but if i'm in a giant hurry, chugging down one monomate using the Mate Maniac ring helps a lot.

Remember: You only need less than 11 minutes to get an S rank on it, so it's not much of a problem if you don't want to rush killing it. Remember 2: Summoner Sub does not have Auto-mate nor does it have Iron Will, so it's a lot more difficult if you are not accustomed to keeping an eye on your HP and healing fast.

@YagyuChan Just put one of the EP4 combo souls+stat III+Spirit III+Arks Fever+fillers on your weapon. It's pretty cheap if you don't have 6+ slots. You can do the same thing for units by just doing combo soul+stat III+Spirit III. That's like 225 attack if you just use the all stat soul.

@AiC-L said in Solo PFD Strategy - what's yours?:

@YagyuChan Just put one of the EP4 combo souls+stat III+Spirit III+Arks Fever+fillers on your weapon. It's pretty cheap if you don't have 6+ slots. You can do the same thing for units by just doing combo soul+stat III+Spirit III. That's like 225 attack if you just use the all stat soul.

You see my problem is with units xD like 1 unit with just 1 affix I need costs a million.

@YagyuChan How many slots do you even have on your units? The most expensive one is the EP4 souls, and those don't get expensive until 4 slots. They drop often enough that outright farming for them shouldn't take that long either.

@AiC-L said in Solo PFD Strategy - what's yours?:

@YagyuChan How many slots do you even have on your units? The most expensive one is the EP4 souls, and those don't get expensive until 4 slots. They drop often enough that outright farming for them shouldn't take that long either.

I am exactly at 4 slots so I am kinda screwed xD

@YagyuChan You can always try to fail an affix to slot down.

@Archetype-Luna said in Solo PFD Strategy - what's yours?:

@YagyuChan You can always try to fail an affix to slot down.

That is worth an idea guess I will do the math and see what I can get from that 🙂

@YagyuChan Yeah, that's like the upper end of the x00k prices. You'll probably be better off just waiting for one to drop off an UQ.

As a side note, with the Mother UQ running you should consider just upslotting on the same step as your final affix if you're going for 4 slot units. You need to use an extra Stat III to hit 100% with a 40% boost item, but 3 slot units are so much cheaper than 4 slots that it's not even funny. The soul creation is also 100% with the UQ boost.

@Hatsodoom If you have Soaring Blades in your build, save Photon Blast Fever (PBF) for the clone section. It's generally not so bad to just weapon action the clone a bunch while reading it's movement. If needed can use Starlings Fall to get iframes and height for over head weapon action hits, this is pretty much the safe option and can help you learn the attack patterns better.

Alternatively if you're using Jet Boots or don't have PBF available, remember that weapon action out of Grand Wave also gives you massive iframes. It is pretty difficult to time Jet Sweep Kick in this section as the clone doesn't have much downtime, you can fit it in though if you read the enemy well enough.

Between fo/fi and fo/te I went with fo/te, mostly because of light weakness bonus, pp-regen, deband improvements and massive hunter. Guts drink and jerky for extra survivability.

Your main objective is to not get instakilled so holding a surplus of PP is necessary. Use grants and focus on surviving the attacks. (make sure you use a custom grants with low pp cost so it is spammable)

For Gemini your main danger is the carts, outmanouver them before you continue doing damage to the boss and they should go away. Don't get combo'd in the flyby and you should be guchi.

Profound darkness has a lot of instakill dangers. For his part destruction phases make sure to dodge the grab attack of the pincer as it takes most of your hp away. Keep deband up to survive it. His other danger moves are the triple sweep flyby (you can survive 2 hits) and the giant surge (I think he only does this if you are slow on killing the small hover eyes). Just watch the boss when no parts are exposed so you aren't caught offguard.

You can intentionally get hit by the homing balls so you can anti their effect and gain PP-regen for a while. Pretty neat as it will make buffing possible again

When he transitions to giant phase, stand still (for pp) and buff yourself so you don't have to worry about that anymore. For his Giant phase, hug the boss. Focus on the bit mobs so the boss exposes his weakpoint eye. Use your compound on his exposed head once you kill the eye.

For the copycat phase you should strafe while using grants by locking on. This should make dodging extremely easy.

And that's about it.

@ViolaCrossfire said in Solo PFD Strategy - what's yours?:

Between fo/fi and fo/te I went with fo/te, mostly because of light weakness bonus, pp-regen, deband improvements and massive hunter. Guts drink and jerky for extra survivability.

Your main objective is to not get instakilled so holding a surplus of PP is necessary. Use grants and focus on surviving the attacks. (make sure you use a custom grants with low pp cost so it is spammable)

For Gemini your main danger is the carts, outmanouver them before you continue doing damage to the boss and they should go away. Don't get combo'd in the flyby and you should be guchi.

Profound darkness has a lot of instakill dangers. For his part destruction phases make sure to dodge the grab attack of the pincer as it takes most of your hp away. Keep deband up to survive it. His other danger moves are the triple sweep flyby (you can survive 2 hits) and the giant surge (I think he only does this if you are slow on killing the small hover eyes). Just watch the boss when no parts are exposed so you aren't caught offguard.

You can intentionally get hit by the homing balls so you can anti their effect and gain PP-regen for a while. Pretty neat as it will make buffing possible again

When he transitions to giant phase, stand still (for pp) and buff yourself so you don't have to worry about that anymore. For his Giant phase, hug the boss. Focus on the bit mobs so the boss exposes his weakpoint eye. Use your compound on his exposed head once you kill the eye.

For the copycat phase you should strafe while using grants by locking on. This should make dodging extremely easy.

And that's about it.

Good explanation here also take advantage of the carts not being able to turn that quickly in the first phase.

@ViolaCrossfire For me personally I had a hard time killing the clone within the time limit, so I saved the comp tech for it instead of the PD head. It just means I have to do two of the bits phase versus getting 1 shot by the clone. Fo/Te is all about comp tech timing.

@Cikia personally I had no issue doing the clone and even while using the comp on the head, I had to do the bit phase twice anyway. However doing it this way opens up a comp to use after the clone on the boss in the burn phase which has some dangerous lasers. I typically ice/light on the head and lightning/wind on the burn phase taking advantage of i-frames. Popping a photon flare for the clone is recommended though

I have a new strategy:

Rage at how flipping annoying it is to chase Gemini all over the map.