Solo PFD Strategy - what's yours?

@Furious Just play Yakety Sax, from the Benny Hill show. Should make things easier on you. And if not, at least it will be funny.

@Anarchy-Marine I will 100% admit that I sat here for a second and thought about what the heck that was, realized what it was, imagined it playing while battling, and started cracking up.

Thanks for that. 👍

Edit - I am stupidly tempted to make a video of the fight with that playing over it, now. Seriously, I got a good laugh. Thanks.

@Furious You are most welcome.

I tried it with Br/Hu and did pretty well, but I tend to get hit too much doing melee and made some bad mistakes. I could try again until I get it just right but I haven't really had the drive to lol I love the new PD though, it's just personally more fun for me with a group.

@Furious said in Solo PFD Strategy - what's yours?:

@Anarchy-Marine I will 100% admit that I sat here for a second and thought about what the heck that was, realized what it was, imagined it playing while battling, and started cracking up.

Thanks for that. 👍

Edit - I am stupidly tempted to make a video of the fight with that playing over it, now. Seriously, I got a good laugh. Thanks.

It would get many views I am certain!! 🙀 😸

o/ =^.^=

I've been doing it as Fi/Hu only Double Saber with Whirlwind ring/L+20 and HP Restoration ring/R at least 16+. My lowest time has been 9:37 so not the best like some of these people doing sub 8 mins.

Waylay Drop for gap closing, Rumble moon for building DS focus and movement DPS and Illusionary Fury for DPS.

The HP Restoration ring at +16-20 regens hp every 5 seconds which gives you the 2 HP you need for lvl 10 Iron Will too have a chance at activating, this way you have a 25% chance of actually being killed. Trust me you still can get unlucky and die 4 times in a row so do not rely on this.

In between phase changes I'll pop the Deband and Shifta pots because of adrenaline . Other than that it's just learning the fight. Like when cars are coming Gemini has its legs in a " : : : " type line. Or when the orbs are out during PD kill those to give you a stun chance. Also dodge. DODGE A LOT

@Altoh said in Solo PFD Strategy - what's yours?:

Waylay Drop for gap closing

* cringes

Please for the love of Xion, get yourself a custom Tornado dance. You will thank me later.

@ViolaCrossfire I have it but I find waylay better for the way I play. I don't Like the charge up. If I need fast movement I'd use TD/C but I rather just switch to my Knuckles and use Heartless Impact at that point.

@Altoh You can't use it to evade carts, you can't use it to evade flyby's, you can't use it to evade falling debris etc.

If an enemy is in range and you want to do something other than hopping to it's general direction you simply can't. The time it takes to get from the air onto the ground is about the same time it takes to charge and launch a tornado dance and when charging a tornado dance you can still move. You can even move immediately after it finishes traveling. Meanwhile you are locked into a ground stomp when you land with drop.

Mobility + DPS + Versatility +

And that's why waylay drop is garbage and you should practice using tornado dance more. I get why though since you have had a lot of drop practice while tornado dance was unavailable.

It's only use is the added stun which isn't going to be useful when fighting bosses.

@ViolaCrossfire lol yeah I just manually out run the cars and debris. But I can see where you're coming from. As for Waylay I Step cancel when you hit the ground so you're still mobile, It's just not as fast as TD but I like being able to stop at my target destination. I tend to over shoot TD/C. Thanks for the info though, Since I'm sure people who want to try the fight as Fighter would like having options to see what they feel comfortable with.

Edit: Tried using TD/C more during the last PD it did help more in situations like when Gemini like to spin around and during the orb phases of PD itself.