Will you enjoy "Quest-points-based" expeditions?

I feel that will be a good idea make every "Expedition point based".

Example using "FOREST"

• Normal Forest 150 quest-points
  • Hard 200
  • Very hard 275
  • Super hard 375

Completing the "Quest-Points" will give you 50% "chances" of have an "Extra Boss" before of real one on the open-world.

I feel this will make the game more "Interesing" and people will actually form groups to clear content. The double boss will be a good incentive to give a shot

@CrAZYVIC This should have probably been posted in the "In game suggestion" forum section.

I absolutely 100% disagree. The quest point based expeditions are lame as hell, cant loop around them for a long time if they're quest point based. No reason to do this.

Look at nightfall providence, tokyo, or vegas.

There is your point based expedition. Do you see people running it or forming groups for it? I sure don't.

Do you see the ultimate quests? They aren't point based and are very similar to the expeditions. Now why do people run those even though there is no "point system"? Because there are very good rewards in it.

I absolutely hate the quest point expeditions. The two major problems with quest point based is that it can be difficult to get a specific enemy type to spawn and that there is a very long delay before it updates with the new spawn points. I sometimes have to stand there for thirty seconds before the beacon updates to a new area.

I also dislike the points thing. I prefer the classic point A to point B system most expeditions have. What I'd vouch for is more consistent spawn rates. In some cases, I have to stay on a stage for much longer than I'd want just because I haven't completed one or more of the client quests that need a number of enemies or a certain enemy type. This gets worse on Nightfall place if you want to also fight the boss. You get points too quickly for too few enemies, so it's either go for boss and discard side orders, or do the orders and fill the points and lose access to the boss.

The reason behind of this idea is because people rush to the boss skiping all the "Content" so you join to a expedition and everything is rushed... On PSO-1 the doors were locked and you was forced to kill enemies to opem them and advance on the map.

This creates a skillfull game cuz your team was forced to kill fast to do Fast TTF/RUINZ runs. On PSO-2 people just RUN point A to B avoiding all the mobs.

The suggestion example works like this:

Lets say "Forest VERY-HARD" needing 275 quest-points not (500 like Tokyo cuz yes that feel grindy)

• Every enemy on forest-1/Forest-2 will give you quest points. So while you are rushing to the boss every kill count

• The Boss's door will be closed until you gather 275 points. So on forest-2 you will have to "Kill" mobs with your party similar to PSO-1 to open the door. 275 points will take you less than 7.5 minutes "alone"

• Once you get 275 points you have 50% of chances to trigger a "BOSS-FATE" having a double boss-run.

I feel the game will feel a lot more interesing like this. Cuz instead of run you will have to "Kill-Stuff"

@CrAZYVIC Not happening.

Ultimate Naverius and Lillipa were originally points based quests, one area, no boss room, like Tokyo and Vegas, but that system was widely disliked, which is why the current versions of these ultimate quests are 1 area + 1 boss room with no points system.

The episode 5 expedition, the XH versions of forest, caves and coast (these are the only expeditions to have gotten XH with lvl 80~85 enemies), and the Ep6 Ultra Hard expeditions are all like ultimate Naverius and Lillipa, no points system, 1 area + 1 boss room.

Well, at least on the incoming Episode 5 expedition and the current ultimate quests, people do play those to play around the actual field and not to rush to the boss, because these have high tier equipment as area drops (I mean, high tier equipment for the current end game, on Ep6 all of these will be outdated and Divide Quests will take over as the to go end game content).

Personally enjoy the point based expeditions since quick and easy S rank for recommended quests when they are in rotation. Personally not a fan of long amounts of running since I suffered through that back in the day but eh down to your own opinion here just expressing mine.

@YagyuChan On JP's Ep5, forest, coast and caves were updated with XH difficulty mode with lvl 80~85 range enemies and the areas layouts were altered to be a single area and a boss room (which results in less needed running), they're comparable to ultimate Naverius and Lillipa basically.

Unfortunately those 3 were the only ones to have gotten the lvl 80~85 XH change, but I wish SEGA would consider doing that for all the other fields in the future (at least to make daily featured quests more fun).

@Ezodagrom I do agree they are much better with the update and wish the same just in current Global point based is still quicker for me unless it is Floating Facility or Daybreak Provence.

@CrAZYVIC

Once again...

Look at nightfall province, tokyo, and vegas.

NO ONE plays those actively or create groups for them. In fact, the exact thing you are describing IS Nightfall Province.

Even in PSO1, there are many rooms you can skip if you are just trying to get to the boss. The difference here is that each mob has specific rare drops tied to them which lessens the reason to skip in the first place.

@Reilet said in Will you enjoy "Quest-points-based" expeditions?:

@CrAZYVIC

Once again...

Look at nightfall province, tokyo, and vegas.

NO ONE plays those actively or create groups for them. In fact, the exact thing you are describing IS Nightfall Province.

Even in PSO1, there are many rooms you can skip if you are just trying to get to the boss. The difference here is that each mob has specific rare drops tied to them which lessens the reason to skip in the first place.

You are not even reading anything just jumping to post on "salty".

Tokyo & las vegas need 500 points. "On my suggestion im saying 200/375 max. 250 =/= 500.

• Every enemy will count while you "rush" to the boss
  • You will have 50% chances of have double boss
  • 375 points on SUPER-HARD will take you less than 10 minutes alone on a party 5 minutes with the two bosses included.

Tokyo & las vegas have horrid "Mechs" that force you to run like sonic or try make you fly. Forest, Caves, Seabed, Ruins, abandonded mine etc. Do not have annoying mechs.

Also I repeat on PSO-1 even PSU they force you to "Kill enemies" to unlock the doors/areas. On PSO-2 people just rush to the boss.

If you want a GAME where you run to kill bosses play Monster hunter World not PSO-2

We read what you wrote.

It's still terrible. Arguably worse if it has a lower point requirement because now we have to leave and re-enter more frequently, meaning groups get broken up, maps are constantly changing, and there is still no guarantee of a boss.

Increase the points to a much higher amount and have guaranteed EQs/bosses at specific intervals like Beach Wars, and then maybe it wouldn't be so terrible.

Just password your multiparty if you don't want someone's leftovers while you do your dailies lmfao

There's already incentives to trash on mobs along the way in the form of more boss drops. But most bosses aren't worth farming anyway.