Make Linking Accounts Easier

Can you please make it easier to link accounts, so that I'm not constantly having to deal with the literal broken code in your Microsoft launcher?

And before anyone screeches about using Steam, I want to remind you that Microsoft's code is so broken, that the missing data has become corrupted to the point where I cannot even uninstall it. It cannot repair, reinstall, or even uninstall through App Management.

(Every file is manually deleted through the File Search engine. It takes me 5-10 hours of trial and error for any sort of result.)

PS- Also not going to buy the red ring of death machine, either.

I got an idea, one that has been a thing since.....like the very next day after the PC launch and has been mentioned here almost daily.

Use the Tweaker.

Delete C:\Program Files\ModifiableWindowsApps\pso2_bin

Afterward, download / install 7-zip, run it as admin, and navigate to C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\MutableBackup while in 7-zip. If there are folders there, delete them all.

Restart the machine. After restarting, PSO2 should be removed / uninstalled. Once you've done this, install the steam version first. Then update it by starting the launcher. After it's done updating, close the launcher, install the MS Store version and login as per normal, issue your code, then IMMEDIATELY close the MS Store version then start the steam version up. When it asks to import/etc. say you want to import / link accounts, and put the code in.

Using PSO2 Tweaker requires installing things through the Administrator account, which is normally disabled on Windows 10.

@Ephemiel said in Make Linking Accounts Easier:

I got an idea, one that has been a thing since.....like the very next day after the PC launch and has been mentioned here almost daily.

Use the Tweaker.

How many thousands of times to do I have to say that Tweaker doesn't work, because it uses the same launcher code that always nukes itself?

@coldreactive said in Make Linking Accounts Easier:

Afterward, download / install 7-zip, run it as admin, and navigate to C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\MutableBackup while in 7-zip. If there are folders there, delete them all.

Restart the machine. After restarting, PSO2 should be removed / uninstalled. Once you've done this, install the steam version first. Then update it by starting the launcher. After it's done updating, close the launcher, install the MS Store version and login as per normal, issue your code, then IMMEDIATELY close the MS Store version then start the steam version up. When it asks to import/etc. say you want to import / link accounts, and put the code in.

Using PSO2 Tweaker requires installing things through the Administrator account, which is normally disabled on Windows 10.

Restarting after deleting the entire PSO2 file doesn't work either. I literally just went over that.

And before you say to use Shut Down, that doesn't work either.

@MasterDarkwingz said in Make Linking Accounts Easier:

Restarting after deleting the entire PSO2 file doesn't work either. I literally just went over that. And before you say to use Shut Down, that doesn't work either.

I had your same exact problem where uninstalling didn't work, updates, restore, etc. all didn't work or infinitely loaded. That's what fixed it for me. So it must be a new bug.

Restarting after deleting the entire PSO2 file doesn't work either. I literally just went over that. And before you say to use Shut Down, that doesn't work either.

I had your same exact problem where uninstalling didn't work, updates, restore, etc. all didn't work or infinitely loaded. That's what fixed it for me. So it must be a new bug.

Good news is that I'm currently trying to test how installing through Steam works out, and it seems to have successfully removed the app.

However, my hopes for being able to link my progress and paid content after I have to install the Microsoft App is low.

May take a few hours to update this thread on how long linking my account took. Might take all day, or the next day.

Use the Tweaker.

How many thousands of times to do I have to say that Tweaker doesn't work, because it uses the same launcher code that always nukes itself?

Restarting after deleting the entire PSO2 file doesn't work either. I literally just went over that.

And before you say to use Shut Down, that doesn't work either.

You DO know the Tweaker skips anything to do with the MS Store, which is where the problem lies, right? It seems that in the thousands of times you said that it doesn't work, you never bothered to actually do it since it does work and has worked for a long-ass time. The literal first thing the Tweaker guys did was to remove any issue with the MS Store.

The literal first thing the Tweaker guys did was to remove any issue with the MS Store.

The reason why it requires an admin account (Not just UAC) is because of this.

The literal first thing the Tweaker guys did was to remove any issue with the MS Store.

The reason why it requires admin privileges is because of this.

I've already tried everything everyone on this entire forum has suggested.

This is Microsoft's problem to deal with if I end up calling in for them to manually go through every file for me, because I don't want to spend another day fixing their bugs.

So far, I haven't gotten into the game to be able to link quite yet.

The reason why it requires an admin account (Not just UAC) is because of this.

You actually don't need the Administrator account that is locked. You just need a regular Administrator account on your computer. I finally had the issue with the MS Store after my PC finally updated to the latest version of Windows (after working fine for at least 2 months), so I just used the uninstaller on Windows (which didn't work as many claimed). I then went in and deleted the ModifiableWindowsApps content and the MutableBackup in WindowsApps (which didn't delete at first either), and then I had to open the Task Manager and use End Task on GamingServices, which allowed deleting all folders involved with the game. Then, I just followed the guide on ARKs Layer for the Tweaker to a T and everything worked perfectly using my Microsoft Account that is my user on Windows 10, which I set as an Administrator Account, rather than a Standard Account. The Administrator Account is also still disabled on my PC, since I don't see a point to it and a regular Administrator Account can do EVERYTHING that the disabled Administrator Account can do. The only thing I have to keep doing with using the PSO2 Tweaker is making sure that Gaming Services updates in the MS Store. If that isn't kept updated, I can't log-in and it only show NO USER. As soon as it is updated, I can log-in again.

@Ragnawind said in Make Linking Accounts Easier:

You actually don't need the Administrator account that is locked. You just need a regular Administrator account on your computer.

By default, normal users (IE: the first user created) aren't admins. They require UAC/etc.

@Ragnawind said in Make Linking Accounts Easier:

You actually don't need the Administrator account that is locked. You just need a regular Administrator account on your computer.

By default, normal users (IE: the first user created) aren't admins. They require UAC/etc.

They would be unusual, since my first created user I could easily make an Admin from the start during the set-up process at first run on Windows 10 using Windows 10 Home. It might be different on Windows 10 Pro, though.