ALL THE CONTENT

At this point, the threads and the topic itself won't die down any time soon unless the devs themselves finally address it. But, that doesn't look like it'd happen soon itself.

If they're willing to change the name of the Raven weapons without even listing it as a change in the patch notes publicly, I have no hope of them addressing this at all.

@Solva-tan To be fair, things like censorship tend to take a while to change and games have done it before. The name change could even just be a bandaid fix due to the lack of flavor text.

@redBadger22 said in ALL THE CONTENT:

Nobody was complaining when TD2 was cut.

Nobody knows if Mining Base 2 was cut. Some of us were still wondering if it might not have been when Mining Base 4 was coming out.

But I have definitely complained about the fact we didn't have it. And that we still don't.

As a Bouncer there were points in time in Episode 3 where we were the only class that couldn't get our last damage-increasing compendium title (requiring 25 different 7 to 12* weapons) without some of the rarest UQ drops. This has been remedied now by the arrival of Episode 4 immediately adding three new permanent drops (one promoted from an event UQ, two new).

But the lack of Mining Base 2 meant - and still means - one weapon (Ciel Riciel) never got a more common drop source and another one (Sol Riciel) didn't exist until Mining Base 4 released eight weeks after PC launch.

So yeah. Its omission did hurt a bit. Especially since the five weeks after PC launch didn't have any scheduled Mining Base runs (beyond one MB1 20 hours after PC launch which we couldn't have expected to level up quickly enough for). That should have been a great window to sneak MB2 in.

And that's just Bouncers. There may be other classes where MB2 was meant to be the only source for one of their weapons that now doesn't exist because of its omission.

Moreover, just look at its map!

216d30e1-c020-424b-b373-8abe4fbbc30b-image.png

The dang thing has walls! It looks much different to MB1 and MB3 which were basically the same map with an extra base. It makes me wonder why they skipped MB2 instead of MB3.

@NIC said in ALL THE CONTENT:

People have also yet to complain about "Darkers" being changed to "Falspawn", "Mother Cluster" being changed to "Mother Corp", etc, etc.

I've seen complaint about several non-lore-related localisations, from partner becoming mate, darkers becoming falspawn (and more importantly d-factor becoming f-factor) and a handful of others. Personally I don't care about these because they're names without connections but I have seen complaint.

But I've seen much more complaint about the loss of lore. I hope we can all agree that they've seen complaint about generic item descriptions? I believe that's more complained about because it involves world-building.

Slave-Raven (Slaven?) is a potential halfway point. Right now it's just a name. If they gave us the proper lore item descriptions, Raven would lose its connection to its own description unless they changed that too. I can understand why some people would consider that lore-related. For me it's more concern that changes like this will reduce the chances of us ever getting proper item descriptions.

@Anarchy-Marine said in ALL THE CONTENT:

@Vashzaron said in ALL THE CONTENT:

Add the Couger Boss to that, it is supposed to appear in Challenge Mode but replaced by a Wolguarda.

That boss is pretty dope. I had no idea about that being a normal boss. I ran into it on the last tier of vr extreme quests, and was wondering what the hell that thing was. I'm a bit disappointed that boss isn't the other places in game, because it was fun to fight.

Interesting stuff. I didn't even know that boss existed! So it's still in the game and exists on Global too?

According to the video's description it was removed from the game (temporarily?) back in 2013? Feels like that boss is just in a weird place, and if it's rarer in Global but still exists it's probably more to do with not knowing where to put it than anything to do with content removal / censorship.

But yeah, even if it's not an example of it, this one helps make a broader point that it's difficult to complain about content we haven't got if we don't know we haven't got it.

@Solva-tan said in ALL THE CONTENT:

If they're willing to change the name of the Raven weapons without even listing it as a change in the patch notes publicly, I have no hope of them addressing this at all.

I made a point of this in another topic that was probably lost due to its deletion, but when changes like this happen (and it's not only a censorship matter - the Summer Festival Bow weapon camo was renamed without any complaint or reasoning) and aren't recorded in patch notes, it makes keeping wikis accurate more awkward than it really needs to be.

If the game is so bad and evil compared to JP, just don't play it? I'm all for constructive criticism, but all people can seem to do is bitch about how their lives are ruined because changes were made.

@ApollosAmour People are vocal about feedback because they care about the game. It is as simple as that.

@Archetype-Luna said in ALL THE CONTENT:

@ApollosAmour People are vocal about feedback because they care about the game. It is as simple as that.

This I agree with and is how I and many others feel.

@Miraglyth said in ALL THE CONTENT:

Interesting stuff. I didn't even know that boss existed! So it's still in the game and exists on Global too? According to the video's description it was removed from the game (temporarily?) back in 2013? Feels like that boss is just in a weird place, and if it's rarer in Global but still exists it's probably more to do with not knowing where to put it than anything to do with content removal / censorship.

That video is mine and it was made when Challenge mode didn't exist yet, it was part of a UQ with Border Break collab. Later it was put into into challenge mode and extreme quests, as far as I am aware it is missing from the global version completely being replaced with other things where it should appear. I think Anarchy-Marine was talking about the JP version because I have done Extreme quests (Solo) here in global and I have never seen it.

Edit: I'll add Border Break is Sega owned so its bizarre they decided to omit this boss besides the one reason I can think of that is never came over in English so perhaps they don't want to acknowledge that, seems dumb though.

Hi, just wanted to chime in here and remind people that violating a Terms Of Service agreement is not illegal (which means something that is explicitly prohibited by law, or is otherwise forbidden by a state or other governing body), nor has anyone ever been banned from PSO2JP for playing outside of Japan. If anyone was going to be banned for that, I would be the first one - yet I've never once gotten any sort of warning.

I mean, according to the PSO2NA TOS, copying any files from one location to another violates TOS, so if you copied PSO2 from one directory to another or to another machine, you've already violated TOS. In fact, if any of you are using screenshots/artwork/music/video from the game for any reason without SEGA's express permission in writing, you are also violating TOS. If any of you have made or used symbol arts that are lewd, racist, or mean (even jokingly) to anyone (including SEGA), you've violated their TOS. If you've made or used a symbol art that looks like any person, company, or copyrighted media, you've violated TOS.

Also TOS are typically not really checked hard - the PSO2 TOS talks about how it uses Denuvo Anti-Cheat, yet it doesn't use it.

Not to mention the privacy policy where it specifically states they collect " technical information from your console or computer device, for example your location information where you choose to share this with us, which devices are connected to the Internet, hardware settings, components of your devices, installed software, updates and plugins to facilitate the use of our Products. We may automatically collect information such as your operating system, Internet Protocol address, your browser type, browser language preferences and when, how often and how long you interact with our Products, websites and services. [...] We, and or our third party suppliers may use cookies and similar technologies, or collect data about your device(s) to create a device fingerprint of the components of your specific device(s) and/or build an individual profile of you."

All this information is collected on login and submitted through plaintext.

EDIT: I need to check specifically on the password being plaintext, since that might be different for NA.

@Aida-Enna said in ALL THE CONTENT:

All this information is collected on login and submitted through plaintext, along with your password (in plaintext).

Wait, account logins in PSO2 are completely plaintext, even the password? Is that just JP (with its actual login) or is this a thing on Global too, which has auto-logins from XBL and Steam accounts? Are XBL and Steam passwords being transmit plaintext because of PSO2, or does it make some kind of secondary PSO2 account it autologins with?

@Akonyl said in ALL THE CONTENT:

@Aida-Enna said in ALL THE CONTENT:

All this information is collected on login and submitted through plaintext, along with your password (in plaintext).

Wait, account logins in PSO2 are completely plaintext, even the password? Is that just JP (with its actual login) or is this a thing on Global too, which has auto-logins from XBL and Steam accounts? Are XBL and Steam passwords being transmit plaintext because of PSO2, or does it make some kind of secondary PSO2 account it autologins with?

Oh, good call! It's very likely they pass a token or something else since they don't have access to the password itself. My bad! I've amended the post to clarify that, thank you. I'll check on it and report back once I know for sure.

Checked, both Steam and Microsoft Store versions send login tokens as expected.

To answer your question though, yes, JP transmits it in plaintext.

Alright, yeah that makes more sense. Still pretty wild that JP hasn't updated its client to be more secure over the past 8 years though.

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed said in ALL THE CONTENT:

PSO2 NA is censored and the same people crying over and over again won't change that. Maybe make a thread in the..... oh I don't know... the IN-GAME SUGGESTIONS space and see how that works out for you?

Also, the tweaker works and the glorious nippon option is right there.

1. Suggestions are being put in the suggestion box obviously but people are going to complain and discuss on fourms. This is universal and will never change.
  2. Telling epoeplto go playt he JP version is retarded. We want our version fixed, hence the complaints and discussion. So yes you're trolling as stated in other replies. It's pretty simply to understand but complaints will lessen when things are done properly. People will always complain but the less reasons you give them to then the less they will. And telling them to run off to another language will never fix the problem, if anything it only gives them yet another reason to complain.

@Sparhawk said in ALL THE CONTENT:

1. Suggestions are being put in the suggestion box obviously but people are going to complain and discuss on fourms. This is universal and will never change.
  2. Telling epoeplto go playt he JP version is retarded. We want our version fixed, hence the complaints and discussion. So yes you're trolling as stated in other replies. It's pretty simply to understand but complaints will lessen when things are done properly. People will always complain but the less reasons you give them to then the less they will. And telling them to run off to another language will never fix the problem, if anything it only gives them yet another reason to complain.
  1. Spamming and complaining in the general discussion forum seems like it is working and not at all making people hate their cause.
  2. The JP version is the clearly superior original version you people want right? It is right there. Why not go play it? "Run off to another language".... what? The tweaker translates it.... It is all literally on the tweaker's website. These people just wanna play victim as if they don't have another obvious choice right there. Now that is retarded.
This post is deleted!

@Alevity The topic isn't against the game's rules. If it was, it would already be locked. The only time topics are locked or deleted is when the discussion become uncivil. As long as a discussion remains civil, it remains. That's how I've had a thread on this subject in the suggestion forum, first page too, since August 7th. If you can't stand me, then just block me and you'll never see my posts again. They'll still be there and I wills still be able to see and respond to yours, but you'll never see my posts or any responses to you.